Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Getting a bit carried away there, we need to turn up for a full 90 in every game instead of taking the foot off the gas like we've done too many times this season. It 's almost like they just switch off in the second half and sit back like points are in the bag.

I'd go with that, I wonder if Pardew thinks he's playing football manager and telling his team to play defensive counter every single time we are ahead.

Either that or he's "training" the team to try get them able to defend a 1 goal lead.

Even the chelsea game had me worried for a short while when we came out for the 2nd half.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a face you wouldnt get tired of punching and that heart celebration is the gayest in football bar none

The only person to pull off that celebration was the little lad who did it after scoring a goal at the gallowgate end during half time.

yup that's it to a T, he's actually not great at running "with" the ball if you know what i mean, he let's it get too far away from him to try and hit his top speed, the game against inter was a prime example, knocked the ball wayyy on and left maicon for dead.

Ben Arfa is not as quick but the balls never more than a couple of feet from his boot, Ronaldo is probably faster than Bale but considerably more technical and with better control.

Bales a great player, comparing him to Ronaldo is just stupid he's got nothing in his arsenal that Ronaldo doesn't and probably isn't better at.

If you look at the run Ronaldo made for his third goal at the weekend that pretty much proves it. He rocketed up the pitch - can't remember seeing many players as fast & the ball was always in close control. Mental.

less impressive with the ball at his feet, annoyingly. shame as he he has all the attributes to be a top class player.

Oh yeah, the Bale vs Obertan comparison should probably stop at pace.

bar the bit bewteen the ears i should add

Ironic really, given that he's the NUFC player educated to the highest level. He could learn a lot from Gouffran, who even after 2 games appears to have a much better understanding of his team mates than Gabby has ever had.

Ronaldo_running.jpg

He's still the fastest player that I've saw when it comes to running with the ball at breathtaking speed and being able to keep it under such close control.

Roberto Carlos was faster, but its fair to say not with the ball at his feet. Roberto Carlos could break 11 seconds for 100m.

Ironic really, given that he's the NUFC player educated to the highest level. He could learn a lot from Gouffran, who even after 2 games appears to have a much better understanding of his team mates than Gabby has ever had.

With Obertan, it's not even a case of being on the same wavelength as teammates and being advanced enough to anticipate 2 passes ahead, it's the absolute basics - when we have the ball find some space, when the opposition has the ball close it (or at the very least the angle) down, when there's a 50/50 commit to it etc. All stuff Goffran and Sissoko have done more of in their first couple of games than Oberrtan has managed in a couple of seasons.

Roberto Carlos was faster, but its fair to say not with the ball at his feet. Roberto Carlos could break 11 seconds for 100m.

Malcolm MacDonald is the fastest player I have ever seen. I think he'd outpace any of these players.

Malcolm MacDonald is the fastest player I have ever seen. I think he'd outpace any of these players.

He ran the 100m in superstars in 10.9 seconds, he was bloody quick, but didn't have anywhere near the ball control at pace that Ronaldo/Carlos had.

Ronaldo_running.jpg

He's still the fastest player that I've saw when it comes to running with the ball at breathtaking speed and being able to keep it under such close control.

Love that picture, definitely one to have in the "office" when I've bought a place.

Along with the photo of the Milan derby, two players (Materazzi and....)facing away from the camera & towards a flare illuminated smoke cloud.

I'd also quite fancy a crowd scene, but I've yet to spot one that really ticks all the boxes, y'know?

He has a face you wouldnt get tired of punching and that heart celebration is the gayest in football bar none

The only person to pull off that celebration was the little lad who did it after scoring a goal at the gallowgate end during half time.

29mb1j8.jpg

Love that picture, definitely one to have in the "office" when I've bought a place.

Along with the photo of the Milan derby, two players (Materazzi and....)facing away from the camera & towards a flare illuminated smoke cloud.

I'd also quite fancy a crowd scene, but I've yet to spot one that really ticks all the boxes, y'know?

Rui costa, love that picture