Europe

Christmas Tree

Given an influx of new players and two great wins, how do you want us to approach the remainder of this competition?

Field the kids, sooner we are out the better.

Field a decent team with a good mix of first teamers and second teamers.

Field our best team, we are not going down so let's try and win something.

I think those six points have probably changed a few mind sets however I think the result at Tottenham will sway Pardew one way or the other.

I know the money's not great for winning, but the lift a good run would give the fans, players and our European profile would be priceless.

I'd play a mixed team bedding the the new players, the second-string, a kid or two, and a few recognized first teamers to keep everything settled.

Something like:

---------------Shola

Obertan------------------Jonas

--------------Marveaux

---------Anita--------Bigirimana

Haidara--Coloccini--Mbiwa--Debuchy

--------------------Krul

I'm thinking of the fact we haven't won a trophy since 1969 and the fans who are going all the way top the Ukraine. After our unlucky/awful cup runs we need to try and win something.

I'd play a mixed team bedding the the new players, the second-string, a kid or two, and a few recognized first teamers to keep everything settled.

Something like:

---------------Shola

--------------Marveaux

--------------------Krul

I would go with something like this but Cisse would have to start instead of Shola. There are no real goals in that front 6 at all.

Gently does it for this next round. If we get through, by the next round we'll know a bit more how the league is going. I wouldnt go all out and risk injuries, tiredness across the squad but with Ben Arfa coming back and some of the new boys not being eligible, you'd expect a good balance.

Something like:

---------------Shola

--------------Marveaux

--------------------Krul

Can't play both mbiwa and debuchy. Have to settle for one!

We should go for it - I'm all for consolidating our league status but really, are we going to remember a season where we valiantly strove to 9th place in the table after a poor start, or a season where we finished 14th but got to a Europa Cup final? (And won it?)

We should go for it - I'm all for consolidating our league status but really, are we going to remember a season where we valiantly strove to 9th place in the table after a poor start, or a season where we finished 14th but got to a Europa Cup final? (And won it?)

gimme that fucking siverware!

I believe we are registering Sissoko, Mbiwa and Haidara so I expect to see a very strong team. We can afford to rotate a little with Anita/Tiote ready to interchange with any of Perch/Sissoko/Cabaye and Jonas/Marv/Obertan/Ben Arfa/Gouffran in the PL vying for the wing roles. We should definitely go out to win this thing, relegation shouldn't be an issue if we actually perform in any reasonable way in the league.

winning this trophy would be the biggest thing in most of our lives supporting newcastle. we MUST take it seriously. pardew would be given the keys to the city and would never have to buy a drink in newcastle ever again if he managed us to a trophy and even ashley would get a pat on the back.