Decka on the disappointing Summer

Happy Face

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought one of the best things about the last 2 years has been their low profile. The less they say the better. The notion that Derek Llambias can educate any Newcastle fan what's gone right/wrong on the pitch is offensive. If he came out and talked finances it might be of interest, Football? Nah, we can see better with our own eyes.

The problem they have with this guff about learning lessons is that they're faling with regularity rather than actually learning anything. To have allowed a window like Summer '12 following on from lessons that should have been learned in January '11 or even January '09 exposes their deceit. All credit for those windows that have gone well (Jan 13, Jan 12, Summer 11) but I don't believe a word of what he says about lessons or intentions. They just fucked up a window big-style due to penny pinching. as they regularly do.

Spot on

Oh no!! it's a big conspiracy to fuck us over !!!!!

Don't think anyone is saying that, its more a bullshit PR stunt with a tame local media. Put Lambchop in a room with HF and all his graphs and pie charts and he'd have a fuckin coronary.

Oh no!! it's a big conspiracy to fuck us over !!!!!

Why would they want to fuck anyone over? They want the best for the club.

Clearly put a positive spin on their fuck ups if what's best for the club comes at a cost they're unwilling to pay though

He's saying in today's interviews that we are only looking to bring in squad players this summer unless we have to sell (the intimation being we would only have to sell if a player forces a move away and then only at our price). For the main I'm happy enough with that policy. There aren't the gaping holes at the moment that we could see at the start of this season (rightback and cetreback) so topping up the squad with players who can cover our first eleven is what we need.

The exception still being that we haven't replaced Ba. I'm as impressed as anyone with the start that Gouffran's made but I think it would be mad to expect him to score the goals that Ba did. We look like we've brought him in to play more wide anyway so that still leaves Cisse as our only first team striker. Even playing a 4-3-3 like we are that's not enough. Cisse's form hasn't been as good this season anyway but all players pick up injuries at time and we have no one to cover him. We need someone pushing him all the way and that we can comfortably rotate with him or play alongside him when the need arises. If we sign someone for that as well as topping up the squad, I'll actually believe they have learned. At this stage I'm far from convinced.

Why would they want to fuck anyone over? They want the best for the club.

Clearly put a positive spin on their fuck ups if what's best for the club comes at a cost they're unwilling to pay though

What's best for the club can only come from what an oil-rich Sheik could pay tbh.

Don't think anyone is saying that, its more a bullshit PR stunt with a tame local media. Put Lambchop in a room with HF and all his graphs and pie charts and he'd have a fuckin coronary.

It's a wide ranging and very positive set of interviews IMO

As for "no-one saying that", there's the evil empire undercurrent to just about everything on here man.

Can't do right for doing wrong, everything soiled by the sins of the past.

It's a wide ranging and very positive set of interviews IMO

As for "no-one saying that", there's the evil empire undercurrent to just about everything on here man.

Can't do right for doing wrong, everything soiled by the sins of the past.

What he's saying is mostly quite positive, I don't think many are arguing that. The only things I can pick up is, as I've already mentioned, are a) that on one hand he's saying they've learned from their mistake and on the other saying that the injury list we've has is unprecedented. It's not we've all seen it before. And, b ) that Ba has been replaced and we are only looking to sign squad players in the summer. He hasn't and we should be looking to sign a replacement.

But really why should we believe proven liars? I can appreciate what he's said but I haven't forgotten the past and it will take a lot more honesty for me to trust them going forward. But I will wait and see and hope he is true to his word.

Edited by David Kelly

I'm deeply suspicious of the concept of buying 'squad players'.

It implies the buying of players who aren't as good as our first XI and will sit on the bench.

The problems with this are that the team doesn't get better and it will be difficult to persuade players to come here if they know their chances of first team football are limited.

To improve our squad we need to sign players that challenge the first team, otherwise what's the point?

It implies the buying of players who aren't as good as our first XI and will sit on the bench.

The problems with this are that the team doesn't get better and it will be difficult to persuade players to come here if they know their chances of first team football are limited.

To improve our squad we need to sign players that challenge the first team, otherwise what's the point?

exactly. that's where we fell on our arse in the summer.

I think it will be a struggle (unless we move players on) to bring in anyone else to challenge the first team. We currently have Taylor/Mbwia, Anita, Marveaux and Jonas who would probably not be in the first team but could challenge those who are in it ahead of them. That's four players sitting on the bench who are arguably as good as those playing. Outside of a champions league team you're going to struggle to keep any more than that happy. If you have those players of that level and then another four or five of the level of Perch/Raylor/Simpson as back up then you should have a very good squad. That would clearly be a big improvement over what we've had previously and would allow us to have a good go in Europe.

I also think that there are players out there of this standard who will think they can possibly challenge the first team and be willing to come and give it a go or who will be happy being a bit part at a big club (where they won't get the biggest wages but will probably get more than they would get for playing every week in front of a small crowd for a team that will never go anywhere).

I read it that the "Red" players are those that are developing players or those that won't get in the 1st choice team. So a mix of kids like Campbell and Mbabu and pros who are reasonable deputies like Taylor and Simpson.

Look at our first choice 11 as is and It's pretty decent, especially our midfield three in Cabaye,Mo and Tiote. If Collo does go then we need a first teamer for him. I would look at a striker to give Cisse some competition or a different option. However much they fucked up in the summer there is no denying they have made up in this last window