The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hope we can get through - preferably to Hannover. With a lucky draw, if we field some strong teams we could go far.

I think we need to try and put the tie to bed tomorrow. We don't want to be relying on too much away.

Aye, I would play as strong a side as possible tomorrow and win the tie at home. Then we can rest a few more players over there. I realise that anyone making the trip over there would want to see a decent team but from my own experience in Brugge, I'd lost a lot of interest in the match by the time it had kicked off and I assume it will be the same for those in the Ukraine :)

Not sure this will be easy as people think. If we stick out a strong team and with a decent home crowd I think we can win but it wont be a thrashing by all means. Don't assume because there some Ukrainian team you've only seen on Football Manager that they will be a walkover because they wont be at all. They have some decent players in their ranks with a strong South American influence.

Hopefully Cisse can find his scoring boots tonight

NEWCASTLE: Pardew ready to attack Europa League with new-look Newcastle

8:00am Thursday 14th February 2013 in Sport 511479.jpg By Scott Wilson

ALAN Pardew has pledged to attack the Europa League by naming his “strongest cup team as Newcastle manager” for this evening's last-32 tie with Metalist Kharkiv.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10225797._/

NEWCASTLE: Pardew ready to attack Europa League with new-look Newcastle

8:00am Thursday 14th February 2013 in Sport 511479.jpg By Scott Wilson

ALAN Pardew has pledged to attack the Europa League by naming his “strongest cup team as Newcastle manager” for this evening's last-32 tie with Metalist Kharkiv.

http://www.thenorthe...ort/10225797._/

Excellent, Shame it's Valentines day so will have to record the game.

if we go through to the next round, do we play at home or away first? Its its home first that means we could potentially play away in russia on the thursday before sunderland at home..

We'd be at home the second leg so no need to worry about that possible outcome

They've lost their best player recently to Shaktar - Taison - hopefully they will be on a downer.

Not sure of the crowd tonight but I found it difficult to get 3 seats together last night when buying tickets, so hopefully we'll get 30k ish.