The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back four was solid, although there were some moments of atrocious defending from Simpson, getting dragged into the centre and generally being a poor footballer with a poor touch. He has just come back from "injury" though, so we'll let him off this time.

Marveaux had yet another chance to show us what he could do and failed miserably.

Anita was outbossed by their midfielders and struggled to make any real impact.

Other positives were Sissoko looking extremely sharp and interested and Shola's experience showing through. Whenever the pressure was on, he bought us time. He took some knocks up there and coped well.

Cabaye has had better games and again ran out of steam after an hour or so, but perhaps he has one eye on Sunday's game.

Looked bloody cold out there - does anyone know what the temperature was?

Great result and a really heartening performance to get through against a team of horrible cheats on what looked like a difficult pitch in freezing conditions.

Shola put a good shift in and did a job for us as he has done now and again over the last few years. Sissoko is a beast, the two other new lads looked solid enough too. Great stuff, great to see United get through a really tricky tie, especially after we got done by poor oficiating in the first leg. It looks like the next tie will be even trickier - any team managed by Hiddink is likely to know what they're doing. Still, if we can get through that it could be on. Escpecially with Ben Arfa coming back hungry to make an impact.

I'm hoping against hope that Colo will stay for at least another year though - another terrfific performance tonight. What a player.

Why in all the news yesterday e.g BBC it was Liverpool got knocked out blah blah,

spurs got thru blah blah and also Chelsea blah blah. And by

The way Newcastle got thru ta da.

Always mentioned last like some after thought. Cunts

Back four was solid, although there were some moments of atrocious defending from Simpson, getting dragged into the centre and generally being a poor footballer with a poor touch. He has just come back from "injury" though, so we'll let him off this time.

Marveaux had yet another chance to show us what he could do and failed miserably.

Anita was outbossed by their midfielders and struggled to make any real impact.

Other positives were Sissoko looking extremely sharp and interested and Shola's experience showing through. Whenever the pressure was on, he bought us time. He took some knocks up there and coped well.

Cabaye has had better games and again ran out of steam after an hour or so, but perhaps he has one eye on Sunday's game.

Looked bloody cold out there - does anyone know what the temperature was?

I thought Anita had a canny game, very nice and tidy in there. Cabaye was one of our poorer performers, not that he had a bad game but he was too deep and not involved enough.

Simpson we know is shite anyway so there's nothing new there.

Overall I thought we played an excellent game that we completely controlled up until the point that they threw everything at us in the last fifteen or so. And even then a couple of moments aside (when Krul did his job superbly) we looked pretty comfortable. If I'd been watching another team I wouldn't have been remotely concerned but obviously as it's us I was never sitting totally comfortable until the last minute of injury time.

I know it's never a popular opinion (and not one I ever usually have) but I thought Shola did really well. Held the ball up and constantly gave their defenders a hard time. Of course he'll be back to normal on Sunday so we need to put Cisse back up top and him back on the bench!

Dear pissed off in the US, every Newcastle game this season has been shown on the telly. Today is no exception as the game is live on FS+. Along with all the english clubs involved.

Nowt like a rant when you don't know what you are on about to make yourself look stupid.

Hey friend! Good point on every Newcastle game being on TV. Because when I check for the games, I don't read the description provided in the guide, I use tarot cards to determine what is actually going to be on. As you mentioned in what was frankly a little too cordial a manner for my liking, my crippling stupidity has apparently hindered my ability to live my life the way I'd prefer.

Oh, I suppose the fact that my provider doesn't carry FS+ might be applicable to my situation, but what the hell. Why allow trivialities to stand in the way of a burgeoning, lifelong friendship, right? :lol:

Thanks for the help though, brother. I will always love you. (Btw...who gives a shit about looking stupid? I AM stupid, and so is the rest of the species.) Considering that, I guess I'll not worry about Internet reprisals from random guy with terrifyingly sharp teeth and continue to focus on having as much fun as possible until we all die. You keep up the good police work, and keep in touch :)

Edited by Nebula

Hey friend! Good point on every Newcastle game being on TV. Because when I check for the games, I don't read the description provided in the guide, I use tarot cards to determine what is actually going to be on. As you mentioned in what was frankly a little too cordial a manner for my liking, my crippling stupidity has apparently hindered my ability to live my life the way I'd prefer.

Oh, I suppose the fact that my provider doesn't carry FS+ might be applicable to my situation, but what the hell. Why allow trivialities to stand in the way of a burgeoning, lifelong friendship, right? :lol:

Thanks for the help though, brother. I will always love you. (Btw...who gives a shit about looking stupid? I AM stupid, and so is the rest of the species.) Considering that, I guess I'll not worry about Internet reprisals from random guy with terrifyingly sharp teeth and continue to focus on having as much fun as possible until we all die. You keep up the good police work, and keep in touch :)

I like your profile pic btw

Thanks! Always have loved Kafka. And I'm deadly serious...he'd represent a significant upgrade over what we've had going for over the last decade. I like politicians as much as I like people that fleece the elderly out of their life savings.

Anyway, solid win today! Let's bring this thing home!