The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

Hiddink throws us what Bob Paisley used to call " a bit of toffee" via sky sports:

“We are going to have another very interesting and very tough contest against a team who reinforced themselves in the past weeks dramatically in a positive way.”
“It’s a strong team.”

“We have seen them in their contests in Europe, but also we have seen them in the games they have recently played in the Premier League.”
“When you see the last game against Swansea, they were dominating, dominating, dominating and they got a very unlucky goal in the last part of the game against them. But you could see it’s a modern team, so it’s a big challenge for our players.”

“In my opinion, Newcastle are a stronger team, first of all because they play in the English Premier League, which looks to be a stronger competition than the Bundesliga.”
“Also, they have recently had a good improvement in their results and they have made a good upturn in the table, and also they have high-quality national team players in their line-up.”

“But we will be looking to play our own game. We also have some high-quality players in our team.”
“Regarding ourselves, we are very happy, of course, that we have reached our aim that we set at the beginning of the season, to survive the winter-time in Europe,” he added.

“Then we got a good result against Hannover in the two games and then you are in the last 16 in Europe, which is a very good success.”
“But having got there, we are so eager to see what we can do to make the next step, and it’s also good to see how our team is in comparison with teams who have the experience already of playing for many years in a tough league, plus sometimes Europe.”

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see us playing counter attacking for 90 mins. I hope the back line is up for this because I have a feeling they will be busy. I really hope for a win but reckon a draw

It's on ITV4.

itv4 am lead to believe......

Aye tv4.

itv4 isn't it?

I've heard rumours it's on ITV4

ITK reckons it's ITV4 but take that with a pinch of salt as it were.

I just came in here to ask if we were on telly today. If anyone knows, can you let me know :)

I just came in here to ask if we were on telly today. If anyone knows, can you let me know :)

We've been on ESPN all of our European games but they reckon we might be on ITV 2 or 4 but nobody has confirmed this so far?

;)

I've got a good feeling about this the neet. I've studied their team, they're not shite, but I guarantee we'll give them the hardest game they've had so far. I think we'll get at least a score draw, there ye are.

Elliot

Simpson

Taylor

Mbiwa

Haidara

Marveaux

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Shola

That's what I'm hoping for. Look at that midfield man, is there's better than wors? Is it fuck, we can get something tonight on the plastic pitch, hope he starts Ben Arfa. Anzhi 1 Toon 1.

Despite CT's boner for him, I'm a bit unsure about Marveaux but the rest doesn't seem to bad at all, (obviously I'm hoping the two new lads in defence can settle straight away). We need Sissoko and Ben Arfa to get forward fast at some point in the game though.

Wonder what the English teams' league table looks like? i.e. which English clubs have played the most games in Europe?....this is our 131st according to .com..

United will break new ground on Thursday when they play the 131st competitive European fixture in their history and their first in Russia. That will be the 25th different country they've visited in 66 away games as follows:

7 visits: France, Netherlands

6 visits: Spain

5 visits: Belgium, Italy, Portugal

3 visits: Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ukraine

2 visits: Norway, Scotland, Serbia, Switzerland

1 visit: Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, England, Estonia, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden.

We've been on ESPN all of our European games but they reckon we might be on ITV 2 or 4 but nobody has confirmed this so far?

;)

ITV4 starts at 4:30.

Elliot, Simpson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Haidara; Anita, Cabaye; Marveaux, Sissoko, Obertan; Ben Arfa.

Elliot

Simpson Yanga Perch Haidara

Anita Cabaye

Marveaux Sissoko Obertan

Ben Arfa

Unusual choice from Pardew, but I like the idea of testing Ben-Arfa as a striker option, we certainly need something fresh in that area. Using Perch as CB however, not so good...pretty unnecessary like since we already have 4 qualified options for that position. Colo took a small hit some matches ago, I seriously doubt he's in much pain now.