The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perch gets far too much stick on here for me. He's nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be, people are still judging him on those horrific performances he put in when we first signed him at right-back.

I thought we did well tonight, all things considered. We seem to have a game plan that we stuck to, so well played the lads. Now all we have to do is humiliate them at St James.

Perch gets far too much stick on here for me. He's nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be, people are still judging him on those horrific performances he put in when we first signed him at right-back.

This, he's never going to be a world beater but he's a competent footballer who's maximising his ability. He was excellent tonight.

I was just about to say the same. Before Pardew came in, he was bordering on useless, but Pardew has made a difference to his game and he rarely puts a foot wrong. Its not often either any of his passes go astray. Not a flash player but reliable and dependable.

Mbiwa will end up better than Colo I reckon. Class tonight

Yep, I said that when he signed. Class act. My Arsenal buddy was gutted he signed for us as he has been raving about him for the last year.

Mbiwa will end up better than Colo I reckon. Class tonight

Never been this excited about signing a defender! Stoke is going to be a good test for him, lets see how he does against that type of team.

He's no where near as good either. I feel like I have to constantly remind people that he is shit.

However, he was very good today.

We were very well set up tonight & played brilliantly. I'd probably say we were a little unlucky not to score but chances were few & far in between so I can't complain too much. That's the best result anybody has got away to Anzhi this year - everybody else - 7 teams including AZ Alkmaar, Young Boys, Liverpool, Udinese & Hannover has lost. That's a pretty high level of competition.

Oh & Honvéd...who were once great.

Pardew vs Hiddink, two of footballs greatest aesthetes...

In the history of football I doubt any player in any one single game gave the ball away more than Obertan. Absolutely pathetic. Astonishingly good result for the toon, I thought we'd draw and we did. These are a Champions League team and possible Russian Champions. I rate our chances at slightly better than 50/50 now.

Thought they looked poor on the night and maybe we'll regret not taking advantage.

Thought we looked good in our half and shit in theirs.

Marveaux wasted on the wing and should be in the centre where's he played his best football this season.

We just look so unorganised once we cross the half way line.

Going to be a nervy game at SJP.

They weren't great going forward - due to injuries but nethier were we - but they were incredibly organised in the midfield & defence. Thought Traore looked very dangerous. It's an excellent result & there's no two ways to look at it.

Thought they looked poor on the night and maybe we'll regret not taking advantage.

Marveaux wasted on the wing and should be in the centre where's he played his best football this season.

There's serveral very obvious reasons why.

Why? We're the home team and I expect us to win

So despite Granted I was in and out of the match whilst slaving away after a house full of 8 year olds over for tea, you are still going to try and give comment that will push your agendas with Ben Arfa and Pardew :lol: