The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garay, Gaitan, Cardozo, Rodrigo, Luisao, C.Martins, Aimar, Pereira, Salvio, Kardec...fuckin hell. They got a massive squad size aswell, and they beat Bordeaux with mainly their reserve team.

Edited by Aeris

Still hasnt sank in. Only three more teams to beat and we have a cup after a 44 year wait. Just three more. We can do it. Lets go out there for this next game with no fear and really get at them .

We've been here a few times in the recent past, let's not get carried away.

I think apart from Barcelona and Juventus, Benfica are probably the biggest club we've ever played in Europe. They have more members than any club on earth, incredible history, incredible players, it's a dream draw, we're outsiders but we can do it.

If we can get past Anji, we can get past Benfica. No tie at this stage is easy and a full strength Newcastle are a test for any team as they will be for us. I don't believe we will get humiliated and I'm going to join Team Positive and say we can win this competition.

:nufc:

Absolutely.

Still hasnt sank in. Only three more teams to beat and we have a cup after a 44 year wait. Just three more. We can do it. Lets go out there for this next game with no fear and really get at them .

I wouldn't be surpirsed if we did, just twigged I'll be on hols in the US when the final happens :rolleyes:

Was the same when we did Barca in the CL!!!!!

£190 ish flights from Birmingham to Lisbon but with a stop in Zurich making it a 16 hour journey on the way out and Munich on the way back being 10 hours. Not sure I fancy that like.

£133 from Backpool to Faro ariving about 11 on the Thursday morning and the train getting to Lisbon at about 5 (what time will kick off be?). Flying back on the Sunday.