The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't be a disgrace to bow out to this lot. our biggest game in years, that's for sure. i'm just hoping we put in a better performance than our last uefa cup quarter final against opposition from portugal.

Edited by Dr Gloom

wouldn't be a disgrace to bow out to this lot. our biggest game in years, that's for sure. i'm just hoping we put in a better performance than our last uefa cup quarter final against opposition from portugal.

Yup, got no issue if we miss out due to injuries, their superiority or whatever. I won't be happy if we limp meekly out due to lack of effort or Pardew picking a weak side.

Make no mistake, Benfica are a very good side, in great form and we've never really got going this year. Need the big players to stamp their authority of this game, but I'm worried about who'll actually be fit & available.

Does anyone think the thread title ''Road to Amsterdam'' may come back to bite us? :lol:

Being on the road to something doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna get to the final destination. We are on the road to amsterdam, we've been on that road since we qualified.

Can't understand why they haven't opened Level 7 yet as surely they'll better the crowd v Anzhi which was 45,000? Looked at the seating on the tickets website and there's a lot of sections with only single seats available which groups or pairs of mates wont buy. Is this CT's genius counting the pennies again but losing the pounds? I'm hanging on for Level 7 to open but could always change my mind about going. They've fuck all faith in our support.

Can't understand why they haven't opened Level 7 yet as surely they'll better the crowd v Anzhi which was 45,000? Looked at the seating on the tickets website and there's a lot of sections with only single seats available which groups or pairs of mates wont buy. Is this CT's genius counting the pennies again but losing the pounds? I'm hanging on for Level 7 to open but could always change my mind about going. They've fuck all faith in our support.

It's not about faith really. It's what I would do if it were my decision. Open the whole thing up at once, you'll end up with a scattering if numbers are low = less of an atmosphere. I think they're cramming the lower levels full first, and based on demand, will then open level 7.

It's not about faith really. It's what I would do if it were my decision. Open the whole thing up at once, you'll end up with a scattering if numbers are low = less of an atmosphere. I think they're cramming the lower levels full first, and based on demand, will then open level 7.

Spot on.

They can create a nearly sold out frenzy followed by the opening of level 7 and a mad rush. Im sure it will be a full house.

What happens if we get battered at Benfica?

'Spot on' my arse. :lol:

A ticket sold now is money in the bank and a bum on a seat. A hiding in Portugal and how many might think twice?

They already know now that they're selling well.

What happens if we get battered at Benfica?

'Spot on' my arse. :lol:

A ticket sold now is money in the bank and a bum on a seat. A hiding in Portugal and how many might think twice?

They already know now that they're selling well.

So if we get "battered at Benfica" your assumption is there wont be a rush.... which means it will be a good job they hadnt opened up level 7 just for you :lol:

Should have the confidence to sell the whole ground considering the price of a ticket, the opposition, being in the quarter-finals of Europe and the fact that we pulled in 45,000 V Anzhi in the last round. :lol: Also if all the groups who want to be together get their tickets it would surely lead to more of a 'frenzy' for everyone else to get their ticket?

Still think it smacks of small time thinking and penny pinching. Negative thinking from you and Lamebrainarse, CT. ;)

Should have the confidence to sell the whole ground considering the price of a ticket, the opposition, being in the quarter-finals of Europe and the fact that we pulled in 45,000 V Anzhi in the last round. :lol: Also if all the groups who want to be together get their tickets it would surely lead to more of a 'frenzy' for everyone else to get their ticket?

Still think it smacks of small time thinking and penny pinching. Negative thinking from you and Lamebrainarse, CT. ;)

We'll see in a few days which of us is right :) (although I know it will be me)

I think with cup ties they should give you the option to buy the same seat for every round we are in. Apparently always used to happen in the 50s/60s we'd put together a cup run little demand for tickets at the start and people would struggle to get in who've been to every match when it got to the later stages.

Can see the same thing happening if we get to the semis, I've been in posh seats every game so far but I struggled for Benfica, that said I was buying seven :lol:

They weren't playing a great team mind but regardless we'll have to be on our toes. Everybody with any sense knows Benfica are a top team - even if they are playing in a relatively poor league.

So what changes will be done to the team who was so "destined" to play absolute shite football on Saturday? I don't Benfica will be a much easier game tbh, and Pardew is going 3 steps back for every step he goes forward. Shite shite shite.