The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem like a good outfit from Ukraine. Well supported and a nice stadium. A bit like us.

Fancy us to score twice tomorrow night.

Certainly confident. Just hope a new back four can a great performance together. Keeping them quiet and countering them is going to be our gameplan. Looking for big performances from Coloccini, Taylor and M'Biwa. I hope Haidara gets a start. No pressure! He could be an outlet on the left. He's quick.

Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko in a triangle. Sissoko behind Cisse.

Obertan and Jonas out wide, although id rather Marveaux instead of Jonas.

-----------------Krul

M'Biwa---Taylor---Coloccini---Haidara

-----------Cabaye---Tiote

Obertan-----Sissoko---Marveaux

----------------Cisse

2-1 Taylor and Cisse

Will be good to see our new boys out together, shame about ben arfa but tbh im glad were not rushing him in.

Are peeps watching this on eplsite or is there a better option?

Edited by scoobos

The pub is the best bet to watch this I think!

Looks like we'll be fielding a strong team which I am glad about although I am a bit concerned on how it will impact on a very important game on Sunday.

Would like to see Haidara in at left back (he's played all season in the French top league so I can't see how he can't be ready).

It's on ESPN

Not over here in "Soccer" country. DAMMIT. Seriously pissed off...if ESPN is carrying it over there, why aren't they streaming it on ESPN3 online at least? This is all I get: Moreirense vs Benfica. Fantastic.

It sucks over here sometimes. Every place in the world has it's drawbacks, and the US is no exception. And it might seem like an idiotically small thing in contrast to other issues, but the whole "bag on football" thing is pretty irritating...people openly scoff at football fans, and I don't get it. The game is scintillating...it's the beautiful fucking game for god's sake! I mean...if baseball (which I do enjoy) isn't too boring, then how can someone say that football is with a straight face? Watch the 3-2 victory over Chelsea this year, and tell me it isn't thrilling. (Or the Cisse goal Chelsea game from last year, for that matter. Still pissed about that Tiote cheap shot!)

Bah. I'm preaching to the choir here. But the first half of this year was brutal...no two ways about it. Now all of the sudden we have all kinds of cause for hope. Obviously the French imports and Sissoko, but also Cabaye coming back and Ben Arfa (finally!), Krul continuing to show why he's worthy of international respect with consistent upper tier form. Cisse continues to sputter a bit, but this Newcastle club is a hell of a lot more fun to watch. Aston Villa and Chelsea were rousing, and really, you can't get that mad about Bale performing magic for the Spurs in that loss. So I want to watch every single game. I feel like the second half of league play and what is hopefully another handful of additional European matches will show us evolve and become increasingly more cohesive, paving the way for a dangerous squad next year. (Disclaimer: I am prone to optimism that occasionally might not be ironclad but screw it, I prefer that to only focusing on flaws. :lol:)

Our midfield, if we retain everyone, is scary. Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Tiote? That's a rough looking assignment. If we can nab a dangerous striker (preferably a few viable scoring threats) and maybe shore up some defensive depth, and, obviously, keep Krul...damn. That's pretty solid. And winning today would be another huge step forward...this team has legitimate talent. Just need to keep nabbing some positive results to help reinforce that and bolster confidence among the players.

Worst of all: Tottenham, Chelsea, and Atletico Madrid all have their Europa games on TV over here. (Naturally.) I'm seriously considering just trying to find a pay stream just so I can watch, and I'm broke as shit.

EDIT: I wrote that like Sissoko isn't one of the French imports, which obviously isn't the case. I just singled him out for what I tentatively would call fairly obvious reasons. He's that good and only 23? Yeah...nothing not to like there.

Edited by Nebula

Not over here in "Soccer" country. DAMMIT. Seriously pissed off...if ESPN is carrying it over there, why aren't they streaming it on ESPN3 online at least? This is all I get: Moreirense vs Benfica. Fantastic.

It sucks over here sometimes. Every place in the world has it's drawbacks, and the US is no exception. And it might seem like an idiotically small thing in contrast to other issues, but the whole "bag on football" thing is pretty irritating...people openly scoff at football fans, and I don't get it. The game is scintillating...it's the beautiful fucking game for god's sake! I mean...if baseball (which I do enjoy) isn't too boring, then how can someone say that football is with a straight face? Watch the 3-2 victory over Chelsea this year, and tell me it isn't thrilling. (Or the Cisse goal Chelsea game from last year, for that matter. Still pissed about that Tiote cheap shot!)

Bah. I'm preaching to the choir here. But the first half of this year was brutal...no two ways about it. Now all of the sudden we have all kinds of cause for hope. Obviously the French imports and Sissoko, but also Cabaye coming back and Ben Arfa (finally!), Krul continuing to show why he's worthy of international respect with consistent upper tier form. Cisse continues to sputter a bit, but this Newcastle club is a hell of a lot more fun to watch. Aston Villa and Chelsea were rousing, and really, you can't get that mad about Bale performing magic for the Spurs in that loss. So I want to watch every single game. I feel like the second half of league play and what is hopefully another handful of additional European matches will show us evolve and become increasingly more cohesive, paving the way for a dangerous squad next year. (Disclaimer: I am prone to optimism that occasionally might not be ironclad but screw it, I prefer that to only focusing on flaws. :lol:)

Our midfield, if we retain everyone, is scary. Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Tiote? That's a rough looking assignment. If we can nab a dangerous striker (preferably a few viable scoring threats) and maybe shore up some defensive depth, and, obviously, keep Krul...damn. That's pretty solid. And winning today would be another huge step forward...this team has legitimate talent. Just need to keep nabbing some positive results to help reinforce that and bolster confidence among the players.

Worst of all: Tottenham, Chelsea, and Atletico Madrid all have their Europa games on TV over here. (Naturally.) I'm seriously considering just trying to find a pay stream just so I can watch, and I'm broke as shit.

EDIT: I wrote that like Sissoko isn't one of the French imports, which obviously isn't the case. I just singled him out for what I tentatively would call fairly obvious reasons. He's that good and only 23? Yeah...nothing not to like there.

It can be hard enough finding somewhere to watch it over here sometimes. Especially the 3pm Saturday Kick offs.

prediction: I reckon we'll nick it 2-1

I like your profile pic btw

Dear pissed off in the US, every Newcastle game this season has been shown on the telly. Today is no exception as the game is live on FS+. Along with all the english clubs involved.

Nowt like a rant when you don't know what you are on about to make yourself look stupid.