The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in all the news yesterday e.g BBC it was Liverpool got knocked out blah blah,

spurs got thru blah blah and also Chelsea blah blah. And by

The way Newcastle got thru ta da.

Always mentioned last like some after thought. Cunts

Fine with me. I love the way they build Liverpool up as it makes it even funnier when they fail.

Thanks! Always have loved Kafka. And I'm deadly serious...he'd represent a significant upgrade over what we've had going for over the last decade. I like politicians as much as I like people that fleece the elderly out of their life savings.

Anyway, solid win today! Let's bring this thing home!

My favourite of his has to be "In der Strafkolonie"

as far as the novels go, probably "Der Prozess"

Great performance against a good team. After watching them last week at St.James' Park I didn't think we'd get anything in Ukraine.

Impressed with Yanga-Mbiwa again, looked a solid, intelligent player with lightning pace. Shola had a cracking game & most played well. Simpson was a little iffy at times & Marveaux should have found Shola but nothing to worry about.

I would love to see a .gif of Colo's skills in the second half. Plus SLO MO Pardew screaming FAAAACCCK OFF was an unexpected highlight.

I thought ameobi had a decent game for a change in a non-threatening way. He held the ball up and put himself about a bit. He looked a lot more useful than Cisse but thats not saying much.

Saying that,it was a strange sort of game IMO. I thought they always looked capable of scoring, had plenty of chances but not much luck plus Krul was amazing. Just as well with the number of crosses we allowed them to get in.

Kharkiv was cold, but I think I can confirm that UK is fuckin colder this weekend....great trip, one of the best. Went to Riga for Ventspils and that was very nice for a city that was under communist control until just over 20 years ago....Kharkiv was in part a very fuckin different place

...every third bloke in some sort of para military/police uniform, loads of sinister looking "security" goons hanging about outside shops that didn't have doors, just little hatches to serve out of. Tyne and Wear's finest telling us that every bloke casually reading a paper outside the ground was a plain clothes Ukraine secret service agent, tasked with keeping the locals in line, apparently armed with a list from the club of every hotel where our lot were staying :lol:

On phone at the moment, will post some appallingly taken pictures later...

• 2 weeks later...

Will be an interesting selection.

Will Pardews arse have gone after Swansea meaning he'll save the big boys or will he be confident enough to go for this.

Don't be shy, why not rattle out a team-sheet and a tactical approach?

Hmmm...Livepool side which lost one nil v Anzhi...any first choice players?...looking at this (adnmittedly flimsy) evidence we should get a result out there if the top team is picked...will HBA be on the bench?...

• 01 Jones
  • 16 Coates
  • 23 Carragher
  • 38 Flanagan Booked
  • 47 Wisdom
  • 10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )
  • 14 Henderson
  • 19 Downing
  • 33 Shelvey Booked
  • 35 Coady (Suso - 61' )
  • 50 Morgan (Pacheco - 61' )

Edited by PaddockLad

Imagine Keegans team selection and tactics and I think you are about there. ;)

:lol:

In all seriousness though, you complain that Pardew picks the wrong team and is tactically naive/limited/shit; what's your take on how to approach this game? Are there any specific threats we should employ particular response to? Is there an area in their formation/approach that we could take advantage of?

Imagine Keegans team selection and tactics and I think you are about there. ;)

Keegan's first stint or second ??

There's just a tad of a difference between the two.

:lol:

In all seriousness though, you complain that Pardew picks the wrong team and is tactically naive/limited/shit; what's your take on how to approach this game? Are there any specific threats we should employ particular response to? Is there an area in their formation/approach that we could take advantage of?

Really :lol:

You must be sitting there so self satisfied with yourself pulling that one out of thin air. :lol:

Lets see, why not have a poll to see on the scale of 1-100 what I would know about specific threats relating Anzhi.

Suffice to say I would play our strongest team for this game and try and win this competition. I would let them worry about us.

I wouldnt play Jonas and Id probably give Santon a rest.

Really :lol:

You must be sitting there so self satisfied with yourself pulling that one out of thin air. :lol:

Lets see, why not have a poll to see on the scale of 1-100 what I would know about specific threats relating Anzhi.

Suffice to say I would play our strongest team for this game and try and win this competition. I would let them worry about us.

I wouldnt play Jonas and Id probably give Santon a rest.

:lol: so you admit you know fuck all then? Sorted, cheers. "Play our strongest team" man. You probably don't even know who's eligible.

So that you don't accuse me of double standards, I submit the following.

They score stacks in their own league, but struggle against proper opposition in the Europa so I'm fairly confident in our back four.

I think that the fake pitch is going to stack the deck against us, it's certainly going to make it hard for us to play a passing game unless the little work they've done in prep on plastic pitches is enough. I personally don't think we'll see much of the ball and I think we'll misplace a lot of ground passes when we do so I'd not be surprised to see a lot of long passes, and because of that I'd not be surprised to see Shola start up front, either with Cisse beside him or pushed out wide to replace Gouffran. I'd give Marveaux or Obertan a go if HBA isn't fit/ready fro the right hand side.