The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#NUFC (4-4-1-1) v #Benfica: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara; Bigirimana, Cabaye ©, Anita, Gutierrez; Sissoko; Cisse.

...not sure about this like lads.

I wonder if Marveaux is being left out for a final push when they're getting tired. Alongside Ben Arfa perhaps.

Presumably the idea is that we're putting out the best defence we can - if things go tits up because the defence aren't good enough, then there's no point in risking some of the main players getting tired. If we're in a good position around 60 minutes, maybe we turn up the heat and see the game out.

I wonder if Marveaux is being left out for a final push when they're getting tired. Alongside Ben Arfa perhaps.

Presumably the idea is that we're putting out the best defence we can - if things go tits up because the defence aren't good enough, then there's no point in risking some of the main players getting tired. If we're in a good position around 60 minutes, maybe we turn up the heat and see the game out.

Looks like the game plan.

Pardew has alluded to it all week.

4411 apparently with Bigi on the right.

Obertan clearly has no future here thank fuck!

Not even on the bench.

Subs: Elliot, Ben Arfa, Perch, Gosling, Marveaux, Ameobi, Campbell.

Come to think of it, we've got quite a defensive set up there. I wonder if the plan is ultimately for the midfield to get behind the ball save for Cabaye who acts as the link up to Sissoko and Cisse. It'd remove some of their counter-attacking potency and put less stress on our defence.

They didn't look too great either, defensively. Maybe it'd work.

Spot on. It's Pardews game plan. Hopefully it works. There's enough quality to score and we're set up to keep a clean sheet.