The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual know it alls think they know best and will once again defend Pardew.

Shit tactics of waiting til last 20 before playing our best team.

Shite manager who would have us relegated if not for the very lucky injury time goals this season.

Scared football. No thanks.

Was a shame as if it weren't due to one mistake an two posts in benfica we'd be through, they are quality though (although typically dive around the floor). Time to move on, huge game on Sunday.

That's about the size of it alright.

Anyway, on the positive side, it looks like Hatem has eaten Marc Hottiger.

Shite manager who would have us relegated if not for the very lucky injury time goals this season.

Resign from the board then you clueless fat cunt. Perfect game plan tonight. Outplayed the most in form team in Europe you fucking cretin

You can give the Celtic knob a lift and all.

;)

Good effort - not quite good enough.

If he'd started with the finishing team we'd have been 3-0 down by HT.

Good effort - not quite good enough.

If he'd started with the finishing team we'd have been 3-0 down by HT.

Without doubt. Benfica are an excellent team. They started superbly too.

please ban this idiot

Sorry but I totally disagree. We would have been overstretched and the effect would have been minimised had Ben Arfa and Marveaux played in the first half. We had to take the first half out of the game in order to minimise the amount of time we had to hold on to any lead, because, as everyone said, Benfica had a goal in them. The only thing that prevented them trying us earlier was that they didn't need to.

I think Pardew really knows what he's about.

Resign from the board then you clueless fat cunt. Perfect game plan tonight. Outplayed the most in form team in Europe you fucking cretin

Agree with this, given the staff available and fitness levels Pardew played it very well.

Good effort from the lads, Pards got the tactics spot on considering the circumstances, we nearly had them. In the end the silly errors and that bit of luck you need in cup competitions cost us. A bit of calmness in the first leg and we would be in the semis. Ah well no use thinking about that now.

Hope this European experience has taught us something, not least the need for squad strength. Onwards to Sunday then, after playing these it shouldnt be too tough. Williamson will probably feel like Ben Arfa

Sorry but I totally disagree. We would have been overstretched and the effect would have been minimised had Ben Arfa and Marveaux played in the first half. We had to take the first half out of the game in order to minimise the amount of time we had to hold on to any lead, because, as everyone said, Benfica had a goal in them. The only thing that prevented them trying us earlier was that they didn't need to.

I think Pardew really knows what he's about.

If Pardew knew what he was about we wouldn't be fighting relegation.

He's a manager full of fear.

Scared football. By that I assume you mean our early cautious approach against a quality technical side knowing that an away goal would pretty much end the tie.

Not a huge fan of Pardew but I think he got it right tonight.

You clearly no nothing about football so I'm actually annoyed that I've responded to you.

I'll never get the 3 minutes it has taken me to write this back. That saddens me.

Mate, most of the team has been injured all season. I know this is a bit of a bitter pill, but Pardew has not let us down with this Europa run.

Even the commontater "did you show them too much respect"?

Yes we fucking did.

Right but, if we're talking commentator words as law, they also just said he got the game plan right. If we'd got the second, we'd be hailing Pardew as a mastermind.

Who appointed him again?....its your "genius" you should be criticising for sticking with him if you feel like that...