The Road To Amsterdam ArenA (UEFA Europa League 2013) - THE END

Aeris

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman's clearly plopped this Lindsay Hipgrave at some point .

sexy tension across the podium .

Newcastle born and bred....doesn't sound like it now mind....sounds a bit more "homely" on the wireless on a Saturday morning with Danny Baker...Mrs PL reckoned shes a lot older than her hair is claiming her to be....still would, and Mrs PL has gone to bed, so Lindsey might get it from me and not even know about it...;)

Newcastle born and bred....doesn't sound like it now mind....sounds a bit more "homely" on the wireless on a Saturday morning with Danny Baker...Mrs PL reckoned shes a lot older than her hair is claiming her to be....still would, and Mrs PL has gone to bed, so Lindsey might get it from me and not even know about it...;)

. . :) is this you revealing a late night hand of hair-fetish cards here like ?

I have to agree with CT to some extent.

Pardew was too negative from the off. It wa a starting 11 which was to contain. We were shit and had nothing to offer in the first half leaving FAR much to do in the second.

If we stood any chance of going through we needed a goal in the 1st period.

Instead of backing and instilling confidence to the side he bred negativity and worry. Nerves were evident.

Pardew got it wrong.

For 25 minutes we were a goal away from the semis. People have already explained why we were slower in the first half (apart from them just being the better side).

He clearly gets things wrong but I'd trust Pardew over an armchair manager like yourself.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

For 25 minutes we were a goal away from the semis. People have already explained why we were slower in the first half (apart from them just being the better side).

He clearly gets things wrong but I'd trust Pardew over an armchair manager like yourself.

Fighting relegation wins your trust?

We let them have the ball and play football first half and could easily have been two goals down by half time.

Don't be such a sheep and fall for the shit dished up by J69 and co.

Keegan would have had this squad fighting for Europe and would have sent a team out tonight to win, not defend for 70 mins and then get caught on the break.

@PL . Pretty sure she's married to one of them there Toploader's isn't she ?

Mind how y gan . .

:lol: She's married to that fuckin pansy on the guitar...wtf are they playing at?...always thought they were shite, this confirms....Hpigrave's first wife was Gail Porter...mad, bald, nice tits 15 years ago...

We let them have the ball and play football first half and could easily have been two goals down by half time.

Keegan would have had this squad fighting for Europe and would have sent a team out tonight to win, not defend for 70 mins and then get caught on the break.

Yep, cos we won every European cup on offer under Keegan. Couldn't move for the things.

Pardew has a different strategy to Keegan, last year it got us 5th. This year we were hit by injuries and board incompetence. We'd surely have been good for another 10-15 points had we bolstered over the summer.

Aye Keegan, European football expert. Remember Bilbao at home?....different approach, same result, out.

Big disappointment in the result but a whole lot of consolation inn the way we played, especially in the second half. Too bad we didn't get that much needed second goal, and too bad we allowed them to get that away goal.

For a change I have no criticism of Pardieu's substitutions other than maybe he should of put BenArfa in a little earlier than he did.

Couldn't fault his starting line-up what with our absentees.

Credit to Williamson, he didn't do too much wrong and kept his end up and didn't disgrace himself.

Sadly Cabaye was quite poor in his overall performence.

Haidara did well for his first game back after injury.

Cisse got his goal but it was them that got it in stoppage time.

C'mon Sunday and Blunderland.

Good performance by the lads, and good tactics by Pardew trying to overcome a superior side from a losing position. We come close in all, agree we lost the game in Portugal. Very impressed with how we performed against a side of that level tbh, hope we show our quality on sunday

I fucking knew CT would be banging the "We shoulda Gon all out strayt frum the off" drum like the toady wazzock he is.

With the players who were fit we had to make damned sure we didn't concede early doors against a technically superior side. We did this by concentrating on breaking up play in the 1st half and hoping to get the better of them at set pieces and counter-attacks.

I can't fault Pardew's selection or subs today. If Taylor, Santon and Tiote weren't 100% I'd not have played them either. I'd not have brought Ben Arfa on until the final 20 minutes as well. HBA & SM did well when they came on, but a combination of Benfica dropping back and the luck of the bounce brought them more time to take advantage of the ball than they'd have seen any earlier.

Also, I can understand why we didn't start Shola because, despite only playing 45 minutes, he looked utterly knackered by the end of the game.

Sunday should see us start a fairly similar side. With the additions of Gouffran and Debuchy for Bigi and Simpson at least. If Tiote and Taylor are added to that as well I'd feel very confident.

Edited by The Fish

Played exactly to plan and it almost worked. We lost to the better team. Going gung-ho would've done exactly nothing except see us torn to shreds. We played a cautious game, built up pressure, and sent on our attacking subs at just the right times.

Pardew had this planned out to perfection. Just couldn't get the slice of luck we needed with the offside goals/definite second yellow for the Benfica defender/late HBA shot.

Very pleased with the second-half performance (and even the first wasn't THAT bad) and I think we can build on this to utterly smash the mackems.

That was Sissoko at the end - had it been Mbiwa he might have been more aware of that run in from behind. Good counter. Case in point for why we couldn't go gung-ho earlier really.

Gutted.

Never expected to win the competition but Newcastle is a wonderful club to love in that you get swept up in the romance of the 'what if?'s. And when we scored it was exactly that.

Sad that we are out, but we were beaten by the better side over two legs. We are still a work in progress, and I for one cannot wait to see where this team may go next year and the year after... With Pardew at the helm. It's a cheap shot to immediately say that our season can be amounted to our current league position, as if the injuries (and ineligibilities in Uefa), the board's reluctance to invest at the beginning of the campaign, the Europa League as a distraction to the premier league, never happened. The league table does lie, in that it doesn't tell the whole story of the context of the season.

One thing i will say as a remote criticism is that I'm still waiting for Cabaye to reclaim form.

CT whinging that we didn't beat a team that haven't lost a game since October and that was in the champions league :lol:

fuck me

They at on Portugal and got knocked out of the champions league!

Here was a team who were there for the taking. We could / should have scored a few against them over there and gifted them two goals.

They were there for the taking and Pardew as usual bottled it.

Game plan was to play negative for 70 minutes and then try and win it.

It was clear when we attacked we had them on the ropes. That should have been the game plan from the off and then bring on extra cover to defend s lead if need be.

The bottom line is we were a couple of games of silverware and we bottled it. Shameful.

When have we ever successfully defended a lead under sustained pressure; even Villa nearly took us apart. Contrastingly, how many times have we summoned up reserves to win at the last gasp. He was playing to our strengths.

Edited by Rayvin

When have we ever successfully defended a lead under sustained pressure; even Villa nearly took us apart. Contrastingly, how many times have we summoned up reserves to win at the last gasp. He was playing to our strengths.

He has made us the team that is scared and scraps for injury time winners.

Not the type of football I want to pay to watch or Im sure the likes of Cabaye, Cisse etc want to play week in, week out.

Expect a players revolt once the season is over.