Are men becoming more like women?

ChezGiven

:lol: I haven't. Wouldn't even consider it after a friend told me about her experience, which involved immediately running to the toilet and explosively shitting out what she described as "a heinous smelling combination of tuna and peppers", which she hadn't eaten at any point leading up to the colonic.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a total woman/modern man. Watch what I eat, cleanse and moisturise with Clinique. The kind of thing you'd get laughed out of a pub for admitting to a decade or two ago.

I stop short of body waxes or colonic irrigation.

In answer to the OP, if the have any sense!

Women have had the best deal for years. Stay at home raise the kids, cook, coffee mornings, life of fucking Riley!

This is why they outlive men.

Men have secretly being heading for this re reversal for years which is why we have had our best brains beavering away automating everything like washing, dish washing, even hoovering!

We are just so much better at doing all the above and entertaining ourselves while we send the women out into a bitchy workforce, something they are well prepared for.

Long may the trend continue. Viva le revolution!

My work admin has deemed page 2 of this thread is unsuitable for me to view, so fuck knows what's posted on there. And I've ran out of 3G credit on my phone so won't even be able to view my reply to this thread until I get home at 6ish (fuck you O2).

Anyway...... In answer to Chez's OP this board is getting fucking embarassing with the likes of Dr Gloom going on about his fabulous metrosexual lifestyle all the fucking time. I have no problem with people wanting to eat a healthy diet, exercise, or use a mosituriser (I do), even if it is to an obsessive degree. What I do have a problem with is people wanting to talk about it like a bunch of teenage girls.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an NUFC messageboard, isn't it? Looking at General chat though, if you changed the formating it could just as well be a gayer version of Mumsnet. No coincidence either that the worst offenders are CT and southern OOTs if you ask me either.

My work admin has deemed page 2 of this thread is unsuitable for me to view, so fuck knows what's posted on there. And I've ran out of 3G credit on my phone so won't even be able to view my reply to this thread until I get home at 6ish (fuck you O2).

Anyway...... In answer to Chez's OP this board is getting fucking embarassing with the likes of Dr Gloom going on about his fabulous metrosexual lifestyle all the fucking time. I have no problem with people wanting to eat a healthy diet, exercise, or use a mosituriser (I do), even if it is to an obsessive degree. What I do have a problem with is people wanting to talk about it like a bunch of teenage girls.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an NUFC messageboard, isn't it? Looking at General chat though, if you changed the formating it could just as well be a gayer version of Mumsnet. No coincidence either that the worst offenders are CT and southern OOTs if you ask me either.

You just said in your post that you moisturise, which is pretty much what I do as far as metrosexual habits are concerned. You massive gaylord

:lol: You'd never guess you'd only had 3 hours sleep.

I don't think men are becoming more like women. I just think there is more honesty nowadays.

There's no harm in wanting to eat healthily if you feel better and live longer as a result. Hair straighteners are just weird though. A mate of mine went through a phase of using them and I couldn't help but frown every time I caught the sight of his ridiculous Andreas Andersson style hair.

My grandad was a proper man. Did all the DIY but no hoovering. He also did the typical Geordie male thing of being too proud to go to the doctors, culminating in him finding out about his prostate cancer when it was too late. Contrast this with my mam, who is straight off to the doctors with the smallest ailment.

There are certain aspects of the stereotypical womanly mindset that blokes could do well to take heed of. There are other aspects that should be ignored completely, as there are some bloody weird things that women do.

:spit:

Bigger dispaosable income to be spent on this stuff=becoming "middle class/income" having its effect too. If you've nowt left after housing, feeding and clothing yourselves and the bairns at the end of the week Clinique isnt going to be an issue.

That paragraph made me laugh out loud at my new desk next to the project manager, he now thinks am a cunt :lol:

You just said in your post that you moisturise, which is pretty much what I do as far as metrosexual habits are concerned. You massive gaylord

Hardly. I've got dry skin and eczema, so it would be fucking stupid not to use a moisturiser (with added uv block to stop me getting skin cancer). Yeah, malignant melanoma is so manly, after all. I don't use Clinique though, I leave that for the wife, who happens to be a girl.

:lol:

not sure if that was meant to be tongue in cheek but :lol: all the same.

I don't goto much effort and been shaving my head since i was a kid so hair is not an issue lol

watch what i eat to a point and goto gym/keep fit but that's just common sense and not wanting to be a tubby git

Deadly fucking serious! Stripping and fixing motorbikes, hoying serious iron around in the gym, eating what the fuck I want and doing enough exercise for it not to matter. Real man stuff.

Walking around waitrose checking the fat content of every item and doing high reps in the gym cos 'its better for toning'. Not real man stuff

Deadly fucking serious! Stripping and fixing motorbikes, hoying serious iron around in the gym, eating what the fuck I want and doing enough exercise for it not to matter. Real man stuff.

Walking around waitrose checking the fat content of every item and doing high reps in the gym cos 'its better for toning'. Not real man stuff

Playing on pinball machines, being morally opposed to drinking a beer, working as a nurse. Yeah you're all man. :lol: