The PS4 Thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By no used games, is it as simple as if you buy a game then it can only be installed/used on one machine, once that's happened its basically locked to that console and so you couldn't say take the latest Fifa round to a mate's and play it on their console?

If so, bloody stupid.

By no used games, is it as simple as if you buy a game then it can only be installed/used on one machine, once that's happened its basically locked to that console and so you couldn't say take the latest Fifa round to a mate's and play it on their console?

If so, bloody stupid.

It is but I'm not surprised by this. Could see the end of gaming retailers soon on the highstreet, wouldnt be surprised if it all went digital.

I'm only 37, old man. ;)

2bias, does the Xbox have a load of restrictions on what files it will stream etc or can it handle everything?

Not sure on the new one mate. Apparently it will be the same with pre-owned games.

i've both, xbox is superior for games tbh and general usability

my ps3 is a glorified blu-ray player now, i've it jailbroke as well so i'll download the odd game to test it out before i buy it for the xbox sometimes

Ditto

I quite like the PS3 & I really hate Xbox's so will no doubt pick this up. Impressed if it is around the £300 mark - I would have expected it to be nearer £500.

The PS3 has been kicking around for ages now & was quite a leap in quality from the PS2, hopefully the PS4 makes similar strides.

I've always stuck with the PS but am really undecided for my upgrade. I have two PS3s (one at the caravan) and will piss me off no end if I have to have a copy of a game at each one! Nee chance.

The Wii gets played more now for the kids.

I'd rather stick ps4 but needs to be something groundbreaking

Any word on whether it will be backward compatible? Gotta be a while away still though with GTA V not out till September?

Rumours and hearsay really, same with the 'information' about not allowing preowned games (same for the next Xbox)

Neither will be willing to do it if the other doesn't, it would be too big a market disadvantage.

Personally think this will be the last 'hard copy' console generation and I don't reckon either will lock off the preowned titles. No backwards comp is a little sketchier though, doesn't make sense to me for them to do it with the strength in depth of their catalogues but that didn't stop either last time, the wii u allowing older games might force their hands though.

What an utter waste of time that was.

Looks like they're saving all the interesting stuff for E3.

They didn't even actually reveal the console itself, no-one knows what it looks like outside of the controller.

Have they give any info at all except the controller

Well I'm not getting an Xbox because I really don't get on with them & I've been quite happy with my PS1, PS2, PS3 & PSP purchases so I think it's a safe bet.

Though I might fish around for a better price - unless it's price fixed. Bear in mind shopto don't ask for a deposit.