The PS4 Thread

Monroe Transfer

Well I'm not getting an Xbox because I really don't get on with them & I've been quite happy with my PS1, PS2, PS3 & PSP purchases so I think it's a safe bet.

I'd at least wait to see what they offer, unless you're willing to admit to being a proper fanboy in which case fair enough.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it - but always have done. That said I like the upgraded Xbox pads - the originals were too big.

I'm liking the look of some of the graphics demo's - ''Watch Dogs'' looks pretty great graphically - though the game itself doesn't sound too much fun. It's advertised as released in ''Fall'' though I'm not sure if that'll be on PS3 or if the PS4 will be out by then/

Watch Dogs looks great but then so did the gameplay footage from E3 that was meant to be current gen footage.

It's not a system seller as it's very multiformat (incl. Wii U), but if if I have a PS4 before it comes out I'd definitely get it for that.

PC would be the best option though.

i suppose we'll have to wait & see I suppose.

I have pretty much pre set preferences I guess. Wii's are too gimmicky for me & I'm not really interested in Xboxs at all. So my mind is made up. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This Assassins' Creed 4 malarkey. I got an email from (I think) Game promoting it, with release dates for PS3 and XBox, but also saying release dates for next gen consoles tba. Really? Did they put titles like that on both ps2 and ps3/xbox and xbox 360 when those came out? I honestly can't remember. Would have thought Sony would be putting as much pressure as they could on the likes of Ubisoft and I guess Rockstar for GTAV to only release them on next gen consoles to drive sales.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless there's a drastic change in direction from Sony or MS before these consoles come out that is pretty much decision made for me.

The box comes with a console, one DualShock 4 controller, 1 mono headset in earbud form, a power cable, a USB cable and an HDMI cable

Additional controllers are going to be £54 - which is expensive I suppose. I read that Playstation plus will be active again for downloads etc but I didn't see anything about it being compulsory for online play.

Personally I didn't like the Xbox 360 or the original and the new Xbox doesn't appeal to me at all so I was only ever going to get a PS4 - but only if it's something worth buying. I haven't really seen the games on PS4 too much bar a Watchdogs video and a FIFA 14 video.

Realistically I can see myself spending up to the £430-450 mark on initial purchase anyway though I would expect that to include and extra pad or game etc etc. I'll check the value in the bundles.

They really have to stop doing these conferences in front of fucking stupid people because holy christ, the cheering really make everything look really bad

Ant, there's still a good portion of people who don't have these consoles hooked up and, not to mention, every single step of the DRM business seems really convoluted. The 24 hour connection thing doesn't bother me but I'd bet it's a hassle for some portion of the audience out there. "Well, it doesn't bother me personally" does not stop an idea being bad. Especially when you factor in that when you share your account across "family", it requires a check every hour. If the Xbox servers suffer a bad blackout that lasts, say 72 hours, in the first few months, they're completely fucked, especially if Sony starts strong out the gate.

Well I'm currently 360 and I've no complaints with my experiences this gen, I'll just wait a year and see what has the best games/any problems, not enough of a regular gamer to justify an upgrade and quite like the opportunity to pick up some of the big current gen games I've missed on the cheap. Picked up a Gamecube when Wii came out and really enjoyed just playing through the A star titles, may do the same with a PS3.