Weird dreams

Dr Gloom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost every night before falling deeply asleep for the night, i start to doze and then wake up with a big jolt or a twitch, sometimes feels i'm falling or like i've just had an electric shock. it usually unsettles me, then i spend another 20-30 minutes fidgeting before i'm relaxed enough to drop off again.

anyone else suffer from this phenomenon?

almost every night before falling deeply asleep for the night, i start to doze and then wake up with a big jolt or a twitch, sometimes feels i'm falling or like i've just had an electric shock. it usually unsettles me, then i spend another 20-30 minutes fidgeting before i'm relaxed enough to drop off again.

Every now and then.

Doesn't everyone have that? I'm sure I saw something once which linked it to before we developed into humans and used to sleep in trees. It was some primitive instinct to stop us falling. That may have been a dream in itself or more likely some bullshit on some program as it's not likely I was watching a documentary at the time.

Had a great one last weekend. Thankfully it was vivid enough to remember (I like to write down dreams when I can):

I was at a hotel complex with teracotta tiles and a lot of leafy plants hanging overhead on a trellis. I'm sitting at an outside table in a cafe doing some writing on my book with my mac laptop. Guy Fieri (avatar) comes along and takes a swing at me, tells me that it's his fucking cafe and that he'll steal my laptop if I don't leave.

I leave, clutching my macbook and run over to the pool, where Angela Merkel invites me for a swim. I decline and sit down under a parasol and watch her do a high dive. Guy Fieri comes back and apologises for what happened earlier. He then sits down and we eat bitterballen (I've been thinking up a recipe for them lately).

:closedeyes:

I think this dream is about you being one of those tossers that has to force a brand name down peoples throats? Obviously just mentioning you were on a laptop wouldn't have been enough.

Just my psuedo-psychologist thoughts :razz:

Aye, occasionally. Usually when I've overdone it on the caffeine that day, but it happens randomly at times as well.

Edited by Jill

Doesn't everyone have that? I'm sure I saw something once which linked it to before we developed into humans and used to sleep in trees. It was some primitive instinct to stop us falling. That may have been a dream in itself or more likely some bullshit on some program as it's not likely I was watching a documentary at the time.

It's a hypnic jerk; apparently more down to the normal causes of disturbed sleep rather than any primal instinct

I had one of those rank ones last night where your teeth all keep falling out. No doubt means I'm anxious or worried or some other shite.

I get these aswell. Been awhile since I had one.

Last nights dream was getting my ex-girlfriend pregnant. I fucking shit myself.

Isn't the teeth falling out supposed to be about financial worries.

Tbh I kept getting them, starting worrying about my teeth being all messed up, went to the dentist, got the all clear then the dreams stopped :lol:

Anyone else get sleep paralysis regularly? I've had it quite a few times, it was extremely unpleasant at first but now I know that it'll pass and just to try and concentrate on wiggling a finger or toe until I get movement back properly. It's the echoey sounds I get at the same time that are the worst bit, always seems to be along the lines of hearing loud footsteps in the house but being unable to turn over and see if there's anyone there.

Had a vivid one last night we're we were playing QPR in the cup which was on TV with a a kick-off at 13:07 and I was going to the game but was in a bar in Shields when the kick-off time was realised but some kind of quantum Scf-fi trick transported me and my mate to a bar somewhere near Barrack Rd.

Found that we were drinking with Alan Davies (QI not 80s welsh coward). As we left to go the game, the "camera" I was viewing the dream through then panned out and Davies was in a cell in a lunatic asylum which had bars made of wood which were acting like ghashing teeh like something out of Hellraiser but he escaped and him and the other inmates started launching things that looked like fenceposts like javelins at the crowd that was making its way to the match but there wws an idea floating that if anyone was hit they weren't killed but just "sent back to square one" like in a video game.

I seemed to be the only one seeing the missiles but as I told people they started to avoid them by looking in the direction they were coming from and ducking etc. Then I felt myself being hit but it came from the opposite direction (which I think meant something) and I woke up with a jerk/start (square one?).

Pick the bones out that fucker psychologists.

Had a vivid one last night we're we were playing QPR in the cup which was on TV with a a kick-off at 13:07 and I was going to the game but was in a bar in Shields when the kick-off time was realised but some kind of quantum Scf-fi trick transported me and my mate to a bar somewhere near Barrack Rd.

Found that we were drinking with Alan Davies (QI not 80s welsh coward). As we left to go the game, the "camera" I was viewing the dream through then panned out and Davies was in a cell in a lunatic asylum which had bars made of wood which were acting like ghashing teeh like something out of Hellraiser but he escaped and him and the other inmates started launching things that looked like fenceposts like javelins at the crowd that was making its way to the match but there wws an idea floating that if anyone was hit they weren't killed but just "sent back to square one" like in a video game.

I seemed to be the only one seeing the missiles but as I told people they started to avoid them by looking in the direction they were coming from and ducking etc. Then I felt myself being hit but it came from the opposite direction (which I think meant something) and I woke up with a jerk/start (square one?).

Pick the bones out that fucker psychologists.

If that dream doesn't scream "Closet homosexual" I don't know what does.

I had a dream that I developed a nipple on each of my bum cheeks. mesad.gif Then my sister went shopping in the sales and brought me back some NUFC football socks but they had Didier Domi's name and face on them for some reason.

Last night I dreamed that I was chasing Will Smith around a field trying to throw a towel over him.

:unsure2:

Chasing a black man around a field? There's some definite racist undertones there.

• 4 months later...

I got a call from Ronnie Wood about a BBQ he's having. Told me to bring Jules and that a few of the old gang are getting together, and that I could meet Bruce Dickinson as I've been getting in to Iron Maiden lately.

I go along and sure enough Ronnie introduces me to Bruce, we chat about the Download gig I was at and then I ask him about how his new airline venture is going, and if I can have one of his old planes. He laughs and tells me to fuck off, then we end up singing Run to the Hills together.

Cool dream. :D

Anyone else get sleep paralysis regularly? I've had it quite a few times, it was extremely unpleasant at first but now I know that it'll pass and just to try and concentrate on wiggling a finger or toe until I get movement back properly. It's the echoey sounds I get at the same time that are the worst bit, always seems to be along the lines of hearing loud footsteps in the house but being unable to turn over and see if there's anyone there.

Yep on and off for about 15 years... ranges from a ringing in my ears followed by a dark shadowy figure stood next to the bed looking down on me to the noise of a radio being tuned in and bright lights filling the room with 2 aliens leaning over me looking at me.

Pretty fucked up really.

Canny if you don't panic though as you can kind of ride the wave and get some good lucid dreaming going on... never managed to turn it in to a sexual lucid dream, but that's probably for the best as when there's aliens involved I wouldn't want to end up doing one doggy style :lol:

I harldy ever don't panic though and that sense of danger feeling kicks in and makes the whole thing rather unpleasant and terrifying