Craig Moore

Mark

Just wondering, he had a hamstring injury when he signed? shouldn't he have been back for the end of September? I know we go through this alot, but it always turns into a joke thread, and I just want to know, when was the last time anyone at the club mentioned his injury?

Well he had another injury problem since, but as he's not a player anyone's likely to miss, it wasn't covered much in the news. So really, we've no clue how long he'll be out.

Unless he's the player who tested positive for drugs, but it won't do the club good blaming results on injuries and drugs, as opposed to injuries.

Well he had another injury problem since, but as he's not a player anyone's likely to miss, it wasn't covered much in the news. So really, we've no clue how long he'll be out.

Unless he's the player who tested positive for drugs, but it won't do the club good blaming results on injuries and drugs, as opposed to injuries.

77207[/snapback]

*Newsflash*

Entire NUFC squad tested positive for MOGADON.

Graeme Souness is confident that forgotten man Craig Moore can still play a big part in Newcastle United's ailing season.  The Aussie captain has yet to kick a ball for United in the Premiership and has been training on his own for much of his time on Tyneside so far.

Defender Moore, who Souness brought in on a free transfer from Borussia Monchengladbach, has appeared just twice in a black and white shirt since joining United.  But that was way back in August against Bray Wanderers and Yeading, in friendlies, when Moore found the net on his debut at St James' Park against the plucky non-leaguers.

However, it has all been a struggle since then for hamstring victim Moore, who had a failed comeback in the reserves at Birmingham City back in October, when he hobbled off at the break.  Souness, though, believes Moore is close to making a return, with his defence all over the place in recent times and centre-backs Jean-Alain Boumsong and Titus Bramble getting it with both barrels from national media.

The United boss said: "We're just hoping he's a week away from joining the group. If he can come through that, then a week after that he'll be available for selection.  "Peter Ramage is a centre-back as well, but we are still short in that area."  Souness, of course, is no stranger to hamstring injuries - with Kieron Dyer, Emre and Albert Luque also being hit with the same problem this term.

Moore has cut a lonely figure at United's temporary Academy base in Longbenton, and has been reduced to merely lapping the pitches at the multi-million pound training HQ.  Former Liverpool skipper Souness said: "Craig's injury was far more serious than everybody thought.  It looks like he has ruptured his hamstring and as we know from the case of Albert Luque, it's a hell of an injury."  f Moore can prove his fitness to Souness he could even find himself in line for an instant recall with United's back four a major cause for concern.

Souness said: "He's gritty and he is determined to come back and he feels he is good enough to walk straight back into the team.  "That's the kind of attitude I want."

Moore, who has been earning £10,000 a week since becoming a Toon player, is also desperate to be fit for the World Cup Finals, in Germany, where he is expected to lead Australia's Socceroos out in their first appearance in the competition since 1974.

Yet Souness insisted that thoughts of World Cup glory will not cloud the player's mind too much just yet.  He added: "He is captain of Australia and he is going to the World Cup - he has not come here to sit on the bench. He wants to get into our team here and stay in the team.

"As much as I would like to help Australia, I am only concerned with what it is going on here. They are playing Bahrain, on February 22 and I don't see that as being too early for him."