Holidays 2013

Christmas Tree

Ive searched and cant see this years thread anywhere so please merge if its under some other name :)

Just booked up for Haven in Weymouth :happygirl: :happygirl: :happygirl:

Not only do I love Haven, but Weymouth is one of my favourite destinations in this country and has everything for a great kids holiday from fantastic beaches, punch and judy, donkeys (oh yes) and Longleat nearby.

Might even take a trip over to jersey on the cat.

Im......

Pointer_sisters.jpg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks somewhere hot in Southern Europe, not sure where yet.

Got stag weekends coming up in Hamburg and Barcelona though don't know if they can be described as holidays.

A wedding weekend in Bucharest.

Was hoping to visit my brother in LA but not sure I can cope with the 11 hour flight with a two year old.

I could murder two weeks somewhere hot now. This winter weather is hanging around like a bad smell. Piss off February

Me too, really feeling the bloody cold just now, must be my age :glare:

Me and the Mrs, off to Memphis/Nashville, then a week in this, in May, can't bloody wait:

DiningRm01.jpg

Where is that?

Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge nr Gatlinburg in ole Tennesee.

Was looking for somewhere to stay/go after Nashville on way back to Atlanta, for flight home, and thought we'd go to Dollywood (for a laugh as it was "on the way-ish") and by chance happened upon the Smoky Mountains and the cabins, so we've cut down time we were going to spend Memphis/Nashville hopping to have a chillax week in the mountains/national park and within an easy day trip to Lynchburg and JD distillery and aforesaid Dollywood etc.

Im off to Miami on Monday and then Orlando with a trip to the everglades in between.

Boom.

We stopped over a few days last year after a cruise around the carribean, stopped in Fort Lauderdale near the Galeria Mall, very cool and nice.

Did a everglades tour as well, very good.

Some links :-

Blue Martini bar near the mall

http://www.bluemarti...tini-girls.html

Boat tour link

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/

Was in some doubt about this tour as am not a follower of those that stick their hands in the croc's mouths etc - but these guys were great.

Have a great time - you'll love it.

Edited by south_cheshire_toon

The fella's away at Easter and I didn't want to spend the whole weekend sitting around the house scratching my balls (a couple of days will suffice), so I've just booked an overnighter in Eastbourne. Sounds like a pensioner's paradise, I know, but there's some cracking walks around there (Beachy Head and co.) and even just sitting on an adequately warm beach all day with a good book is a novelty when you live in the middle of the big bad city.

Plus it was £40 for trains and a hotel for the night. :lol:

Off to Istanbul next week. Anyone being and recommend anything that's not a mosque?

Back to Tuscany again in April, hmmmm pizza.

I know a blogger (my former landlord) who raves about the food in Istanbul and posted numerous times about specific foodgasms he'd had over there. Looking at his blog now, all I can find is reviews of..... mosques. :lol:

I work with a lad from Istanbul and we're good pals. What do you want to do? i'll ask him for some recommendations.

Cheers.

Off the beaten track/day trip to ancient wonders /area for cool bars type stuff would be great.

I know a blogger (my former landlord) who raves about the food in Istanbul and posted numerous times about specific foodgasms he'd had over there. Looking at his blog now, all I can find is reviews of..... mosques. :lol:

:lol: This is a lads trip. They still all want to see the fucking mosques though, I couldn't give a fuck. Food tips would be quality as I'm expecting the food to be gash tbh.

Really want to go to Mauritius, Maldives, Reunion or somewhere like that but cant be arsed with 12 hours in a plane with a 2 year old. Got a week booked off from March 16th and we're thinking the Canaries for sun and not too far.

You can't go too wrong with the Canaries really - good solid holiday fare, decent temperatures, bit of a different environment & plenty of weird volcanic landscapes nearby if you want to imagine you're not really on a standard package trip. I'd happily up sticks and winter in Lanzarote every year (even at the risk of hating myself for using "winter" as a verb) at my still tender age.

:lol: This is a lads trip. They still all want to see the fucking mosques though, I couldn't give a fuck. Food tips would be quality as I'm expecting the food to be gash tbh.

Depends what you're after really. If you're happy with grilled lamb and veg off a skewer and fresh bread, you'll be fine wherever you end up. If the lads on your trip need chips and peas and all the trappings, well... :D

Cheers.

Off the beaten track/day trip to ancient wonders /area for cool bars type stuff would be great.

I'll drop him a note tonight. Funny lad Mutlu, built like a brick shithouse but soft as clarts. Massive Fenerbahce fan too, he is desperate for us to meet in the EL. He lives in Switzerland now but goes back to see his wife and kids in Istanbul each weekend so he should provide some decent input.

You can't go too wrong with the Canaries really - good solid holiday fare, decent temperatures, bit of a different environment & plenty of weird volcanic landscapes nearby if you want to imagine you're not really on a standard package trip. I'd happily up sticks and winter in Lanzarote every year (even at the risk of hating myself for using "winter" as a verb) at my still tender age.

Its what we were thinking, not amazing but cant really go wrong. I've been to Gran Canaria for a week away with the lads about 15 years ago and it was cheap and cheerful. Looking to go upmarket these days but no idea which of the Islands is the nicest. Any insights on that? Why Lanzarote?