Holidays 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: The only complaint about this place is that the sofa and chairs are not designed for lounging around on. And that's exactly what they should be designed for. And the pouffe is far too low to serve as a footstool - I've had one stood on top of the other, which then requires core strength to both rest your legs and simultaneously keep them balanced.

:lol: The only complaint about this place is that the sofa and chairs are not designed for lounging around on. And that's exactly what they should be designed for. And the pouffe is far too low to serve as a footstool - I've had one stood on top of the other, which then requires core strength to both rest your legs and simultaneously keep them balanced.

You can't build your midfield around a pouffe like that.

Shambolic tbh. I hope you are going to destroy them on Tripadvisor.

Avoid las ramblas and move straight along to the barrio gothic if you're in that area. La Sagrada is always worth a visit, there's a decent art gallery on the montjuif. Great food and wine to be had all over. Barceloneta restaurant is alright, traditional Spanish by the port. Was there in July with work, walked to Passeig Born after and found a Mojito bar called Miramelindo. Wanted to try some modern Catalan the next night but the place I wanted to go to was fully booked. Went to a place called Divinus just off Passeig de Gracia. Still got a photo of the bottle of wine we had, it was a Pago de Los Capellanes which is a Ribera del Duero. Was a decent price for 6 of us drinking plenty (apart from the Muslim lad) I think it was less than 300 notes. All these places were decent but might not be that exciting if you're looking to enjoy the proper nightlife. Decent nosh, vino and brownie points though.

Planned a day in the barrio Gothic,a visit to Montjuic and the Sagrada. Couple of other places she wants to go, Cuitadella Park and Park Guell as well as some of Gaudi other attractions. Me, be happy enough to get of the game on Friday night, but doubt I'll get to it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not as late as the other one anyway - gets us into the resort in time for dinner - so we'll stick with it. Still negates the need for the prepaid airport hotel but might use it anyway! There *is* another early-morning flight for a further £40 each, but you just know what'd happen if we rebooked on that. :lol: