Holidays 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you truly use "sensibly" in a sentence about driving in Italy ?? ;)

Guaranteed the 'budget' car I've booked will be an 800cc Fiat Punto.

I expect to see some especially angry looking Maserati drivers in my rear view mirror.

I'd love to take my bike through France and Italy in the future

Me and the missus (and 6 month old) drove all the way from Reading to Carcasonne in two days. It was a hellish drive in retrospect and bloody expensive. I probably spent 200 Euros in tolls alone.

Nevertheless I would love it if I was by myself with a lot of time, plenty of stops. A bike would be a great way to see it.

My uncle drove his motorbike from South Shields to my auntie's house in Southern Spain a few weeks ago. He loved every minute of it despite some hair-raising moments :lol:

Just got back from Dublin with the girlfriend. Beautiful part of the country - we stayed with her cousin who took us on a few day trips. Visited Glendalough (phenomenal place), Newgrane and of course; the Guinnesses. Got my certificate for pouring the perfect pint of course. :D

Even fit in an irish breakfast that would make CT blush:

dscf8523y.jpg

So we've voted (no, really) on the venue for our Eurovision get-together this year, a tradition that's taken us to cool places like Barcelona and Vilnius in past years. This time? Leuven. :unsure:

So we've voted (no, really) on the venue for our Eurovision get-together this year, a tradition that's taken us to cool places like Barcelona and Vilnius in past years. This time? Leuven. :unsure:

Is that in Holland or Belgium?....home of Stella in Belgium, but am sure theres a place with an old University between Den Haag and Amsterdam with the same name...

Is that in Holland or Belgium?....home of Stella in Belgium, but am sure theres a place with an old University between Den Haag and Amsterdam with the same name...

The Belgian one. Should be good for beer and waffles if nowt else.

The Belgian one. Should be good for beer and waffles if nowt else.

I love Blegium, its a fabulous place iyam. But some young shaver at work told me that made me the world's dullest man when I told him I enjoyed Bruges :lol:

:lol: That's definitely a leftfield choice. Is there a big scene there or something?

Not that I know of, but two of the lads live there, so they can sort out group bookings for restaurants and stuff. That tends to attract the votes, because we all know getting 30 gay nerds to agree on anything spontaneously is basically impossible (with the possible exception of having a wee boogie to Cascada).

Got back from Shanghai visting a mate for 2 weeks a couple of weeks ago, best place I've been to by far, went to Bejing for a few days too, that's much more British, I could see myself living there.

Going to Amsterdam for 3 days next week

I love Blegium, its a fabulous place iyam. But some young shaver at work told me that made me the world's dullest man when I told him I enjoyed Bruges :lol:

I spent 10 days in Maastrict when I was 16. It was..........................dull.

I spent 10 days in Maastrict when I was 16. It was..........................dull.

Place didn't treaty you well, then?

Maastricht but Dad's quite lenient

oh never mind

Yeah but am a 40 something beer obssesive...shit, that makes me sound like CT....yeah you're right its dull as shit out there ;)

edit: actually, Maastrict is in the Netherlands, home of tulips, skunk and women in windows....whats not to like??

Edited by PaddockLad

My mistake - you're absolutely correct - It's definitely in Holland. Maybe it's just so fucking dull that it ought to be in Belgium! ;)

You know it's dull when the highlight of the week is a bus trip to Aachen in Germany.......

My mistake - you're absolutely correct - It's definitely in Holland. Maybe it's just so fucking dull that it ought to be in Belgium! ;)

You know it's dull when the highlight of the week is a bus trip to Aachen in Germany.......

:lol: your portrait of a teenagers life in central Europe is very touching...

Other than the trip to Aachen, we had an earthquake. The quote of the week was from my drunk friend with her head down the bog spewing after too much cider.... "Is it just me or is the room moving......"

Just found this...

On 13 April 1992 at 3:20 am, a 5.3 Mw[13] quake with its epicentre 4 km southwest of Roermond, Netherlands, and its hypocentre 18 km deep shook the border region for 15 seconds.[14] 30 people were injured in North Rhine-Westphalia alone, mostly by falling roof tiles and chimneys,[15] and there was considerable damage to buildings. Ground shifts of up to 2 m occurred, and sand fountains in a few locations.[16][17][18] The quake was felt as far away as Milan and London. The worst damage in Germany was in Heinsberg;[10] in the Netherlands the area of damage extended several kilometres northwest of Roermond. Total damage costs in Germany topped 150 million DM, in the Netherlands, 170 million guilders.[14][15] Aftershocks continued until 31 May.

Some of our bunk beds in the Sportel de Dousberg were knocked over. That's the most dramatic thing that's happened there ever.

Wasn't going on holiday this year as we've a lot on in the house and we've probably left it too late................

........until today when I got my hols confirmed at work and in a rare 'Life's too short' moment have booked a Villa in Cyprus for about 8 weeks time.

:surf:

tumblr_mjq79u7EqK1rzwy8so1_400.gif

fq6nc.gif

P.S.

Cat-Gif-playing-drums.gif

(Just for good measure). :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman