Holidays 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT, Skipped back to my 2010 Paris thread, i stayed here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187147-d236574-Reviews-Hotel_Louvre_Bons_Enfants-Paris_Ile_de_France.html really nice hotel in a great location. Would definitely go back.

Hotels own website http://www.hotellouvrebonsenfants.com/en/

Edited by JaMoUsE

CT, Skipped back to my 2010 Paris thread, i stayed here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187147-d236574-Reviews-Hotel_Louvre_Bons_Enfants-Paris_Ile_de_France.html really nice hotel in a great location. Would definitely go back.

Hotels own website http://www.hotellouvrebonsenfants.com/en/

Cheers I'll have a look.

Aye, stay at home. New Year is awful and you're gonna pay a ludicrous premium for accommodation (and flights, if required.)

If I had my way that's exactly what I'd be doing, however, if I don't go away I'll be forced to go to one of her family's house parties, which is something I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

Stinkin' airline just changed our outbound Gran Canaria flight for December from 7am to 4pm.

So, the dilemma - get a refund and rebook on an 8:30am flight with a different airline for £40 more each, but get into the resort by mid-afternoon (and get to use the hotel at the airport the night before, which is already booked and non-refundable), or stick with the rescheduled flight, save paying the extra £40 each but only get to our destination after dark.

Rargh. :pullhair:

Stinkin' airline just changed our outbound Gran Canaria flight for December from 7am to 4pm.

So, the dilemma - get a refund and rebook on an 8:30am flight with a different airline for £40 more each, but get into the resort by mid-afternoon (and get to use the hotel at the airport the night before, which is already booked and non-refundable), or stick with the rescheduled flight, save paying the extra £40 each but only get to our destination after dark.

Rargh. :pullhair:

Don't listen to Nyron Nosferatu; make the decision that means the holiday itself is the least least stressful. So minimise connections, and "Hurry up & Wait"-ing.

As an aside, I think I speak for all of TT, when I say we want postcards.

One of things I considered when I booked my holiday in August was more control of flight times - I remember times going on package deals when we arrived at the resort at 2 or 3am and that's counted as a night out of the total. This time around I booked a flight at 22:30 which arrived at about 05:00 with the time difference so I got to the resort at 06:00 - dumped my bags at the hotel which I couldn't check into yet and went for a walk then sat by the pool till they opened so getting 8 days for the price of 7 nights.

Duly rebooked on the earlier flight. We worked out that with a potentially longish transfer, the quiet resort we're staying at might have very little in the way of restaurants still open by the time we actually get there, and I'm not surviving on Boots Meal Deals on my first night away. :D

Oh and

As an aside, I think I speak for all of TT, when I say we want postcards.

That can actually be arranged, for anyone daft enough to give me their address. ;)

Duly rebooked on the earlier flight. We worked out that with a potentially longish transfer, the quiet resort we're staying at might have very little in the way of restaurants still open by the time we actually get there, and I'm not surviving on Boots Meal Deals on my first night away. :D

Oh and

That can actually be arranged, for anyone daft enough to give me their address. ;)

Mine is:

The Bacon Shed

Leazes Lane

NE1