• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, seems like he's got a long way to go to be a good PL keeper again.

I always liked Krul but he hasn't played football for a long time and with Elliot and Darlow performing last season, not to mention Woodman knocking on the door, could you really see a way back into the side for him? Best of luck to him, anyway and if he does play on Sunday, I hope he's shite.

Krul will have his odd good games but he's basically running on empty as anything like a decent keeper he was in the earlier years for us.

Still, good luck to him and I hope he enjoys whatever time he has left as a keeper.

15 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

How does it work that he can officially complete a move outside the window?  I assumed they'd just agreed the deal but it would take effect come first of January.  But if that was the case how could he play against us?

He's a free agent now, due to Newcastle releasing him from his contract but who had already completed his registration papers for the loan deal for the season at Brighton, so everything is above board.

Nah, the contract would have to be terminated before the close of the transfer window.

I'm guessing it's different seeing as Brighton hold his registration until the end of his contract with us. I can't see why we'd complete the deal just before playing them though, thereby strengthening their options.

42 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

So just before we play them, we've allowed him to terminate his contract so that he could play against us?  That doesn't strike me as the best deal the club could have done.

Aye, really odd if that's the case. Would be heading towards the ridiculous decision to register Darlow, then loan him out which meant we couldn't get an emergency loan keeper after Elliott and Krul got injured.