• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott out for five games. Looks like we'll be in the market for an emergency loan. I'm guessing Jose isn't in the mood to give us Cech for a few weeks.

:lol: The Sun (I know) are actually claiming Pardew is trying to get Schwarzer from them.

What a load of shit. Citeh had fit keepers when they had their crisis a couple of years ago and they didn't want to play the Faroese kid (Nielsen?) and they got dispensation to bring in an emergency loan. Darlow isn't even in our PL squad list, we couldn't play him if we wanted to. I don't know what the FA think they're playing at, but I do know it would never happen if it were Chelsea or Man U who needed a keeper.

Aye this is bollocks, he isn't even at the club so he's similar to a player that is registered and injured.

Odd that they registered a player who was going out on a season long loan anyway, not that they'd have thought we would be in this ridiculous situation.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

World class goalkeepers like De Gea can make a massive difference despite playing in a bad team. Good goalkeepers rely on their team as much as their team relies on them. Krul is a good goalkeeper, admittedly not playing at his best, in a bad team.

People always talk about confidence for strikers, the same is even more applicable to goalkeepers tbh, one small mistake that an outfielder player would get away with will probably lead to a goal being conceded if made by a goalkeeper.

Just seen this on .com

Assuming Rob Elliot comes back from his Republic of Ireland duty unscathed, that could mean a place on the bench for youngster Paul Woolston (17) or Academy 'keeper Brendan Pearson (18).

Anything happens to Elliot & we're relying on the young 'uns