Newcastle V Southampton

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Southampton were the better side for all of the second half until the penalty so i thought we rode our luck a little bit. Could easily have gone 2-3.

MYM gets into no man's land for their second goal, he is drawn to their attacking player but with Gouffran covering he should have focused on blocking the cross. Not blaming him for the goal but its not been mentioned since Santon was the one out of position. In a way, it feels harsh to blame Santon if he is being asked to get forward and provide width.

Overall i thought we did very well and Pardew's tactics were very good against a really good team.

Despite both their sucker punch early goals I never thought victory was ever in doubt yesterday. Just the way Tiote and Sissoko were committing to everything filled me with belief. That was only improved when Colo was injured and we had a French international to replace him. Imagine the nerves that would have spread around the stadium like a virus if it was Williamson that came on. I wouldn't have envisioned 3 points in that scenario.

That's what a good window like January does, and it didn't cost the world. Just what QPR spent on Samba. If only we'd done it in the summer.

Despite both their sucker punch early goals I never thought victory was ever in doubt yesterday. Just the way Tiote and Sissoko were committing to everything filled me with belief. That was only improved when Colo was injured and we had a French international to replace him. Imagine the nerves that would have spread around the stadium like a virus if it was Williamson that came on. I wouldn't have envisioned 3 points in that scenario.

That's what a good window like January does, and it didn't cost the world. Just what QPR spent on Samba. If only we'd done it in the summer.

Think this was mentioned before but were the deals we got in January avaialable in the summer?...if Ashley is to get credit for looking after the pennies then it would appear that we're not going to get what we need when we need it. Which is ok, but the November/Decemeber form table looks a lot different to the February one because of it.

Very happy to see West Ham where they are in that form table too by the way. Upcoming fixtures for them are Spurs, Stoke (away) and Man U.

I would be delighted to see them drop into the relegation mire.

Crazy though that before the january window we were propping up that table.

Hope West Ham give Jabba the Hutt a new contract, he's doing a fine job there.

Did they all cost as much as that?

Very happy to see West Ham where they are in that form table too by the way. Upcoming fixtures for them are Spurs, Stoke (away) and Man U.

I would be delighted to see them drop into the relegation mire.

Defeat for them tonight would see us leapfrogging them.