Swansea City V Newcastle Utd

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a good time to play these....cup final won, Europe qualified for, unlikely to be dragged into a relegation scrap...at the moment... a tiny bit of complacency may creep in?....

I was thinking the same. No team thinks that way but its sub-conscious that sort of thing. Hopefully anyway, they've got a solid home record, just 2 defeats.

I think we will sit deep and hit them on the counter similar to last year.

I'm not normally a fan of motd analysis but I think Shearer was spot on at the weekend when he talked about us trying to cut out Southampton's midfield and leave us with three on three. Think this will be similar against Swansea, they press high, when we win the ball distribute it to Sissoko, Gouffran and potentially Ben Arfa as quickly as possible and let them do the damage.

With HBA 3-1 to us. Without 1-1

Edited by TheTaffer

Would be delighted with a point. Swansea are a good team this term and it will be a hard game, hopefully they will have a "hangover" after Sunday and not perform well but I doubt it.

Heart says 2-3

Cisse gets an early opener, They equalise just before half time. Second half starts and we soon go behind. Gouffran gets one on the hour mark. Ben Arfa comes onto the pitch around 75 minutes and immediately scores a wonder-goal.

head says 2-0 to Swansea.

They're not invincible, they just pass it around nicely.

If we set up on the counter attack then we have the players who can hurt them on the break.

Much tougher prospect under Laudrup than they were under Rodgers, despite a smaller degree of media Cock-Sucking. It's not as simple as letting them have the ball as they've genuinely efficient finishers now.