Swansea City V Newcastle Utd

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola would have won the game for us :lol:

Is it opposites day?

I'd love to have a better option off the bench, but Cisse deserved to come off. As I said his movement and finishing were subpar again today. To me that was the second substitution. Marvuex for Jonas was the one I really wanted to see. Jonas works his socks off but at that point we were creating havoc with players who could run at them. Sissoko, Gouffran and to an extent Santon were causing great danger going forward. To have fresh legs in Marveux was the obvious choice to make and he can create on his own.

Look, nobody is saying if he makes those changes we automatically get 3 points. Or that we didn't deserve to have 1 barring a bad defensive mistake...it's just my opinion on what should have been done and that's that. As I said, full faith in Pardew and let's hope this doesn't have any effect on his desire to go at Anzhi on Thursday

Pointing the finger at Pardew after that is pretty desperate though, no? He wasn't really at fault. Plan A - but for some bad luck & some great saves - worked.

Cisse's finishing sub par? He had one chance on his weaker foot ffs. :lol:

Again, as I said before his movement was really poor. Didn't get involved at all in the first half and plenty of times he was in an offside position which prevented the ball from being played to him. And yes, from 13 yards out I expect any quality striker to hit the target at least. Ameobi would have been a straight target player to hold up the ball for Gouffran, Sissoko and Marvuex.

Pointing the finger at Pardew after that is pretty desperate though, no? He wasn't really at fault. Plan A - but for some bad luck & some great saves - worked.

My original post was that three people could have performed better, the rest were fantastic. I'm not blaming Pardew for the loss, as I've said a couple of times now it was one stupid lapse and a lack of finishing. Nothing Pards can do about that. However, I thought he could have made those changes and I think on the basis of play and what they would have offered off the bench against an already exhausted team would have worked.

It's a shame a few more can't contribute some decent analysis like Colin rather than some of the bland fodder that's offered up.

Santon should be rested where as a few times today Debuchy was easily beaten.

I also wonder why (if Pardew is so good), I've witnessed two teams in 7 days that seem so much better at passing and pressing than ourselves.

Why have three attacking subs if you have no intention of using them. The game was there for the taking and Pardew not only failed, his cowardice resulted in defeat.

We have some decent players but we look nothing like a coherent team at the minute.

Hmm I think we had the right balance to be honest - obviously it didn't result in a goal - but I'm not sure your changes would either. Certainly if we lose Jonas it opens up a lot of avenues for Swansea - two offensive full backs without wingers tracking back would have been exploited easiily - it's bad enough that Santon was missing a lot.

It's a bit of a pointless debate I suppose, all dependent on hypothesis. I'm quite happy with how we played today, Santon was neither here nor there - which is unsual as he normally chooses one - or on a good day both but other than that I can't have too many complaints. Swansea are a dangerous & well drilled team.

Im all for people offering up their opinions and analysis of the game. Its funny though that with some people when we're doing well its all supposed to be because of 'individual brilliance of the players' yet when we get beat its somehow all down to Pardew.

Im all for people offering up their opinions and analysis of the game. Its funny though that with some people when we're doing well its all supposed to be because of 'individual brilliance of the players' yet when we get beat its somehow all down to Pardew.

I think you miss the point. If as some have said, individuals are off form or struggling to have an impact, then it is ONLY Pardew who can change that situation.

If we had a better manager and better players we would've done better.

Then we'd lose a football match & the ''fans'' would want an even better manager & even better players. :)

I think you miss the point. If as some have said, individuals are off form or struggling to have an impact, then it is ONLY Pardew who can change that situation.

ONLY Pardew? He can help, but im pretty sure its upto the player in the end.

If we had a better manager and better players we would've done better.at

Then we'd lose a football match & the fans would want an even better manager & even better players. :)

Look at the criticism Barcelona have been getting over the last couple of weeks. :lol:

Hmm I think we had the right balance to be honest - obviously it didn't result in a goal - but I'm not sure your changes would either. Certainly if we lose Jonas it opens up a lot of avenues for Swansea - two offensive full backs without wingers tracking back would have been exploited easiily - it's bad enough that Santon was missing a lot.

It's a bit of a pointless debate I suppose, all dependent on hypothesis. I'm quite happy with how we played today, Santon was neither here nor there - which is unsual as he normally chooses one - or on a good day both but other than that I can't have too many complaints. Swansea are a dangerous & well drilled team.

I don't have a ton of complaints either. As you said, bit of a merry go round here so I won't press on....I think we both get where the other is coming from and neither is ever going to be "right"

Again, I don't blame Pardew for today's result. If that's how it is coming across, I apologize. My only point was I thought he could have made an impact with substitutions and instead I thought we petered out and by the 80th were offering nowt going forward. It was one stupid defensive error, but let's also realize we took our foot of the pedal and looked content for a point.

I don't have a ton of complaints either. As you said, bit of a merry go round here so I won't press on....I think we both get where the other is coming from and neither is ever going to be "right"

Yeah exactly. I just can't call it tactical when they score a freak goal & Vorm saves 2 thunderbastards that a lot of keepers wouldn't have got close to.

Yeah exactly. I just can't call it tactical when they score a freak goal & Vorm saves 2 thunderbastards that a lot of keepers wouldn't have got close to.

I'm assuming CT did (though I didn't see him say that) because I never said it was a tactical error or anything like that

Some awful editing on MOTD there mind. :lol:

You'd think we turned up to kick the fuck out of Swansea while they passed it about gracefully. They saw fit to show Cabaye on Dyer but not Davies on Jonas - which was worse.

They were probably the worst team we've played this season for gamesmanship.

MOTD always portray us as a shite team that never seems to have the ball or attack, plus any decisions that make us look like cheating bastards. I stopped watching ages ago and the extra free space on my Sky box can now go towards whatever snooker tournament is on.

Edited by DubiousBobcat

Can't really complain about the way we played yesterday. They had the better chances in the first half but we had most of the play. Second half was all us but in this league if you don't take your chances you'll be made to pay. Just knew it was going to happen when Moore came on, he's one of the worst players in the league. Absolutely awful defending from Santon though!

But we've moved forward a lot as a team these last few weeks so we just have to move on.

Well that was just one of those matches unfortunately. We played great for for long periods - they're a good passing team and are always going to create chances at home but we did well once we got to grips with them. Taylor did well against Michu for most of the match, won everything in the air. Unfortunately Mbiwa looked a bit shaky - definitely adapting to the Premier League. I didn't see what happened for their goal cos it was at the other end. Canny trip though - nice people and it was good to see another strong performance from us. If Colo had been playing I've no doubt we would have got at least a draw.