Which of the first 11 should be improved upon in the summer?

Happy Face

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are being quite harsh on Anita. Before the new players signed, he had pretty much been our best player for quite a few games. He was really showing the signs that he was just about there in coming to terms with the premiership and bare in mind that he was doing this in a team that looked completely out on it's feet.

He's been very unfortunate that Cabaye and Tiote have came back at the same time that Sissoko has come in and he's found himself left out in the cold. Had we been able to give him the chance to slowly bed in alongside Tiote and Cabaye (which I think was the plan in the first place) then he could well have been flying by now.

When we get Ben Arfa back in the groove too and we are a real threat to teams when we attack, he could very well be a much better option in the middle than Tiote.

I hope he hangs around long enough to really show us his best form because I think he's more than capable of being a good player for us.

Edited by David Kelly

Anita is still young & I think in time he'll replace Tiote - even if they aren't like for like I think Anita will be the better player. He already has better technique & after being at Ajax for a decade or so no doubt he'll also have the brain.

Isnt that just Pardew playing him in his natural posistion?

No. At Toulouse he was more of a box to box player whereas whilst being here he's played more advanced without having to track back like he did at Toulouse. Be interesting to see if Pardew plays him a little bit deeper when Ben Arfa returns.

No. At Toulouse he was more of a box to box player whereas whilst being here he's played more advanced without having to track back like he did at Toulouse. Be interesting to see if Pardew plays him a little bit deeper when Ben Arfa returns.

I'll bow to your superior knowlegde...is there an acronym for his posistion? :)

I voted Cisse without really meaning he should be replaced. I meant we need another first team striker who could compete for the spot if we continue with our current formation. It would pointless in my opinion to buy someone who is destined to sit on the bench.

AMC- with license to roam?

He gets about.

Its strange, am I right in saying a lot of this sort of stuff comes from Football Manager?.... Tiote and Sissoko are as different as Gazza and Davey Mac were, but the distinction wasn't made back then; they were both "midfielders".You'd say Davey Mac "sits in" to describe his position. A lot of this modern lingo leaves me a bit bemused tbh. And why don't we have players like Rob Lee or Gary Speed any more, who could do everything needed of a midfield player? attack, defend, score goals, tackle, win headers etc etc..? Am I sounding like an old fart yet?.... ;)

Edited by Tom

I got it wrong anyway (went to correct ;) )

Don't really play FM but did give it a shot a few weeks ago. I suppose a lot of people at the match still won't make the distinction tbh & I suppose it doesn't really matter too much I supppose.

But not the Fish or Tooj as our fashionista.

Yeah, you wore an Arsenal shirt so I'd pipe the fuck down if I were you, sunshine