Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United

loonyTOON

I've just read Whelan saying that both players were travelling at 20mph... wasn't Haidara stationery?

Also, and I'd stress that this doesn't totally surprise me, apparently he 'dined' with Llambias afterwards where our MD apparently 'took it on the chin' and said that these things happen. Bit cold from Llambias if true. Wouldn't put it beyond Whelan to have imagined the whole thing though.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the fans clapped him off being the coup de grace.

Cunts to a man.

I never get that. Unless there's been some blatant injustice, I've never felt the need to clap someone off for being a thug. If Tiote did that I'd be furious.

he does touch the ball but its not with any purpose he is already in full extension, Whelan is on glue if he thinks thats a fair tackle

McManaman doesn't touch the ball at all, it bounced off Haidara's shin.

Telegraph saying that the FA may be reluctant to dicispline Macmanaman; they dont want to set a precedent of "re-refereeing" games" and cite Ballotelli's challenge on Song last season as a case where nothing was done. Also possibly suing someone, it isnt clear who, because the lino did nowt. All seems a bit strange.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9938902/Newcastle-United-may-sue-Wigan-Athletic-for-Callum-McManamans-horror-tackle-on-Massadio-Haidara.html

Telegraph saying that the FA may be reluctant to dicispline Macmanaman; they dont want to set a precedent of "re-refereeing" games" and cite Ballotelli's challenge on Song last season as a case where nothing was done. Also possibly suing someone, it isnt clear who, because the lino did nowt. All seems a bit strange.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9938902/Newcastle-United-may-sue-Wigan-Athletic-for-Callum-McManamans-horror-tackle-on-Massadio-Haidara.html

What an absolute joke, if true, of a corrupt, incompetent sporting body with more interest in protecting itself than the players or the sport it supposedly governs.

They have their way of doing things that are mostly unchanged since Dave Whelan's playing days. He said this in 2010:

"Norman Deeley came right over the ball. Today he would have been sent off and banned for a long time. He came six inches over the ball, he came for me not the ball."

I've got a bit of sympathy for the FA, they cant change the rules on a case by case basis. They need to be consistant. But when its consistantly poor it shows its an issue that needs to be addressed. They use video evidence when deciding if or when a red card could be recinded in conjunction with the ref concerned but they wont do it for an incident missed in the flow of the game. I can understand the distinction, but it hard to fuckin bare.

he even uses his left foot to launch himself even harder into the tackle.Gray on talksport had tried to justify the hight of the tackle by saying the ball was a couple of foot of the ground when he made the tackle !!!..The scouse thug knew what he was doing.You don't have to have played at any level to know that he went to `do' him. Now media are suggesting nowt will happen because tv footage and photo's show the linesman looking at the incident so it was seen on the day. Straight after the final whistle,Martinez said he hadn't seen the tackle but he had been told contact with the ball had been made and that his momentum carried him into the player,he wasn't that type of player,he was making his league debut he was simply enthusiastic blah blah blah. Knakka.

If this greasy acne scarred no-talent thug of a Joey Barton clone slips away unpunished, there will not be long until we see more the same...it's obviously "ok" with the FA. There's nothing in the way for "football" teams like Wigan to make a sport out of ending talented players careers... it's the only thing they might be good at anyway. Should just sign up their rugby players and take a "hitman"-fee for each career they manage to end.

Edited by Aeris

If the linesman had seen it,then should he not have flagged for the foul or had Halsey told him not to flag for fouls,only throw-ins and offsides.A mate of mine was a ref and reached a level where he could be a linesman in the northern league.He once told me that some refs would say `offsides ,throw-in's and corners' and others would add free-kicks,if the ref hadn't noticed an infringement.That's why some infringements happen right in front of linesman yet they never flag.On these occasions,they would have been told not to `overule ' the ref.

To be honest, whilst the challenge was a disgrace, I'm as pissed off about the handball and that seems to be getting forgotten

Which one? The one after the challenge or the two in the box before the goal?

so they only take retrospective action against violent conduct?

Or for red cards being recinded. Because play was waved on I think its deemed "re-refereeing" by the FA and they dont want to go down that road. Thats why theres a deafning silence on this from soho square or wherever it is they live now.

If the linesman had seen it,then should he not have flagged for the foul or had Halsey told him not to flag for fouls,only throw-ins and offsides.A mate of mine was a ref and reached a level where he could be a linesman in the northern league.He once told me that some refs would say `offsides ,throw-in's and corners' and others would add free-kicks,if the ref hadn't noticed an infringement.That's why some infringements happen right in front of linesman yet they never flag.On these occasions,they would have been told not to `overule ' the ref.

I've ran the line before and been told that but if its going on at premier league level they all want fuckin shooting...Halsey, his mate on the line and the FA.

That's absolutely sickening. This kid has lunged in with a career-threatening challenge on another young professional and the FA don't hand out a ban.

Disgraceful. Utterly, utterly disgraceful from that complete shambles of an organisation.

Perhaps when we next play Wigan and McManaman is playing one of our players should 'do' him out of the ref's line of sight and it'll be ok?