Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United

loonyTOON

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally expected this. The rules are a joke but if they're saying the officials didn't fully see it that seems like they had the option to give a ban. Fucking retards. They'll probably use that as an excuse not to discipline the fucktard officials too!

Words just don't describe the incompetence shown with this incident, in any other profession such ineptitude would be severely investigated. On a side note I wonder what the legal options are on the club suing the FA, Wigan or the player, not that I'm saying they should but it would be interesting to know, not sure what it'd fall under though. On top of that I wonder if it's actually possible to prosecute a footballer for something so blatantly wreckless if a serious injury is involved, again not that I'm suggesting something would be appropriate - I suppose you'd have to prove intent and that side is impossible.

At the end of the day Wigan (both club and fans) have shown themselves up as totally disgraceful in their defense of what happened. The FA have shown themselves up as being totally incompetent on and off the pitch, how anyone can play in this country and feel protected at all in their work would be quite amazing.

... Of course nothing will come of any of it, brushed under the carpet by next weekend no doubt... wankers.

The linesman was 50 yards away, and unless he could see THROUGH Haidara there's no way he saw the full extent of the tackle, surely meaning he didnt see IT (i.e - he saw players but not the impact)

I fucking hate the FA and there poncey little wanky rulebook that only ever benefits the same "clique" of clubs.

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING SOZZLENOSE SYCOPHANTS!

Just what does constitute "exceptional circumstances" before they will look at anything? Someone decapitated?

Reckon FA failed to do anything because it will be an admission of guilt that the ref and linesmen got it wrong.

What in the hell is the point of the FA. Seriously. What are they there for? Either this was unseen and a retrospective ban would apply, or it was seen and ignored and the linesman should be fired. It annoys the hell out of me when this shit happens because there's just nothing anyone can do about it, we just have to accept this incompetence.

Maybe the best we can hope for is that it fires up the other lads, but frankly, I wouldn't blame them if they were terrified of every challenge coming in. Or were snapping people themselves pre-emptively.

To be honest, both Carver and the Wigan coach have been charged by the FA and they both deserved it. I'm not angry or bothered about it, particularly.

The whole "if the official saw it and took the in/action they deemed warranted at the time we won't interfere" line is bollocks. Say the opposite had occurred; Mcmanaman fairly wins the ball and yet the linesman flags, and subsequently the ref gives a red. They've taken action during the game on the back of a judgement call by the official. The FA will happily overturn that decision.

There's no consistency.

Staggering. Utterly staggering news, it's as if they try to be wrong. How did the linesman see the contact but not the full extent of it? The bloke went in above the knee that's a straight red in any interpretation of the rules. Did he turn away just as the contact happen? Useless twats. Charging carver in all that has to be them making a joke of all this, a bloke nigh on cripples another and the guy that yells at him for doing that gets the ban :lol:

To be honest, both Carver and the Wigan coach have been charged by the FA and they both deserved it. I'm not angry or bothered about it, particularly.

The whole "if the official saw it and took the in/action they deemed warranted at the time we won't interfere" line is bollocks. Say the opposite had occurred; Mcmanaman fairly wins the ball and yet the linesman flags, and subsequently the ref gives a red. They've taken action during the game on the back of a judgement call by the official. The FA will happily overturn that decision.

There's no consistency.

Precisely, on both points.

How can the FA re-referee a game by rescinding a red card and not re-referee this one, especially if the referee has apparently said that if he had seen it, he would have sent him off? They need to take a good look at their "interpretation" of the rules.

I have to say that Joey Barton is probably right that if it had been him they would have fallen over themselves to ban him for more than the 3 games for a red. Probably the same if it had been Tiote.

The fact that none of this is surprising speaks volumes for those twats. Dave Whelan's carry on is a bit much. From a former footballer no less.

Edited by toonotl

There's no consistency.

Agreed. For my money, this decision sets a precedent that no decision will be overturned - otherwise you're re-refereeing.

To say "he saw it but not the full extent of it" is utter nonesense.

As a referee you can't guess, so he either saw it and was able to make a judgement or he didn't see it. In this case he didn't see it, so they should be taking retrospective action.