Surviving Disaters

Smooth Operator

Kicked off with the Munich air crash involving Busby and his babes in 1958.

Never realised Duncan Edwards survived 15 days before he passed away, my Grandad always tells me he would have become the greatest footballer that ever played.

Also never knew that it was their 3rd attempt at take off when they crashed and that the plane never actually left the ground!

The Germans blamed the English pilot for not clearing the wings of ice, but 10 years after evidence proved it was because of excess water/slush on the runway and they should never had been cleared for take off in the first place.

Tragic.

As much as I despise Manure, I've thankfully never lowered myself to join in with 'that' song. As much as we slag Manure gloryhunters, a lot of the older generation of Manure fan became a fan because of this incident as a sign of support.

I remember Bobby Charlton saying someone was one of the best he had played with before he had died, think that might have been Edwards?

77389[/snapback]

Definitely would have been Edwards.

I remember Bobby Charlton saying someone was one of the best he had played with before he had died, think that might have been Edwards?

77389[/snapback]

Definitely would have been Edwards.

77395[/snapback]

Aye, it was Edwards. And given that someone as 'respected' as Charlton says that when he played alongside Best for donkeys you'd have thought that might have dampened all the 'Best=greatest player in the history of football', but apparently not.

Not that I reckon you can really say that about a player who was so young at the time mind you. Charlton talks an awful lot of shite.

Who is that in your picture? Looks old school.

77396[/snapback]

Natalie Wood

77520[/snapback]

James Dean homage? (rebel without a cause?) :)

77521[/snapback]

Well, aye I like James Dean, plus she was beautiful, back in the day (before death and stuff caught up with her). She was married to Robert Wagner.

77396[/snapback]

Natalie Wood

77520[/snapback]

77521[/snapback]

Well, aye I like James Dean, plus she was beautiful, back in the day (before death and stuff caught up with her). She was married to Robert Wagner.

77524[/snapback]

The only Wood that doesn't float.

:):)

I'll get me coat.

77396[/snapback]

Natalie Wood

77520[/snapback]

77521[/snapback]

77524[/snapback]

The only Wood that doesn't float.

:):)

I'll get me coat.

77538[/snapback]

Ouch! :)