Matt Jansen

Matty

Just released by Blackburn.

Surely worth a chance? Wouldn't cost any money to sign and has worked, fairly successfully, with Souness in the past.

Also grew up a Toon fan which is always a good thing I suppose.

Any thoughts?

Aye, Blackburn don't play him because he's shite. Never recovered from that crash. Hughes also hinted last year that he was having some psychological problems since the crash that were affecting his training and all round game. I actually agree with Mark, he's just like Bridges, a very promising footballer who'll not play top flight again becuase of a major injury.

We give him a chance and he will come on with a footballer with something to prove...

Unlike Shola just going through the motions.

Agree with the monthly contract idea.

Just tell me again why when i mentioned sutton i got ridiculed yet jansen is worth a chance according to some of you? Sutton has scored more in the last 3 months than jansen has in the last 3years!  :)

77491[/snapback]

I can only assume it is because Jensen is younger and quicker, an all together different kind of player to Shearer, whereas Sutton is too similar to big Al.

Just tell me again why when i mentioned sutton i got ridiculed yet jansen is worth a chance according to some of you? Sutton has scored more in the last 3 months than jansen has in the last 3years!  :)

77491[/snapback]

I can only assume it is because Jensen is younger and quicker, an all together different kind of player to Shearer, whereas Sutton is too similar to big Al.

77494[/snapback]

Yeah they were shit when they played together at Blackburn, if my memory serves me correctly :)

5 years ago he was a good player, now he's shite. Just like Bridges.

77415[/snapback]

Better than Shola and Chopra though imo.

77419[/snapback]

Thats not saying much is it !

5 years ago he was a good player, now he's shite. Just like Bridges.

77415[/snapback]

Better than Shola and Chopra though imo.

77419[/snapback]

Thats not saying much is it !

77504[/snapback]

Potential England pairing in Germany next summer tbh.

77491[/snapback]

77494[/snapback]

Yeah they were shit when they played together at Blackburn, if my memory serves me correctly :)

77503[/snapback]

They both had pace then and could get to the other's flick on, if they played together now it would jsut be a case of all the flick on's rolling straight to the opposing keeper.

77491[/snapback]

Shola could score if he played for Celtic tbh.

How many did Sutton score for Chelsea (all those years back, before he became a hasbeen?)

By the way, I wouldn't want Jansen either.

77491[/snapback]

In fairness, both suggestions should be ridiculed :)

:)