Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

To be fair, her sister did art at college (or whatever) and I had to be aware of a picture she did of the outlines of 5 men, which was (deliberately) placed at the end of her bed in her old place, so I think she's getting off lightly.

"Getting off lightly"

Don't put yourself down, man.

Fnarr fnarr etc.

As if I would.

Wouldn't want to starve you lot of your sustenance. :huff:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there must be some logical reason why he could have took legal action if they hadn't accepted his offer but I can't see it in that article.

I can't really see why Rangers would want to accept his offer at all if I'm honest. It just seems to be giving him control over their assets which blatently seems to be something he wants for his own purposes, rather than to benefit the club at all. Obviously they're in a pretty desperate financial position but each article I read suggests there are other people making offers too. Are they worse than him?

Didn't King want to appoint the chairman, but Ashley only demanded to appoint chief exec and another role.

Easdale stays as chairman in this set up, so it got the approval over the King offer.

Ah so basically Ashley's got in with the Chairman and he's pushed it Asheleys way to keep his job.

• 2 weeks later...

Would Ashley owning Rangers have a negative impact on us? It offers us the possibility of using Rangers as a feeder club, sending our young players there for first team experience, possibly picking off their better players at decent prices?

More than likely I can't see it making a much difference to his running of NUFC, can it get much worse for us?

Would Ashley owning Rangers have a negative impact on us? It offers us the possibility of using Rangers as a feeder club, sending our young players there for first team experience, possibly picking off their better players at decent prices?

More than likely I can't see it making a much difference to his running of NUFC, can it get much worse for us?

I'd rather not be associated with the club, but that's an ethical/emotional reason. Ashley's interests in football are purely business, so no I can't see his ownership of Rangers having an effect on us beyond pre-season friendlies and somewhere to send the kids.

I'd rather not be associated with the club, but that's an ethical/emotional reason. Ashley's interests in football are purely business, so no I can't see his ownership of Rangers having an effect on us beyond pre-season friendlies and somewhere to send the kids.

If they and we qualify for Europa (stop laughing), he has a conflict which is not allowed.

My assumtion is he will have Sports Direct on their shirts soon, because it's the only advertising allowed in european games outside of official partners so his stadium adverts would get covered up.

That being the case, I have a nagging fear he would withdraw NUFC from the competition to avoid the conflict.

If they and we qualify for Europa (stop laughing), he has a conflict which is not allowed.

My assumtion is he will have Sports Direct on their shirts soon, because it's the only advertising allowed in european games outside of official partners so his stadium adverts would get covered up.

That being the case, I have a nagging fear he would withdraw NUFC from the competition to avoid the conflict.

Don't the owners of Watford and Udinese (? I think) have the same issue though?

Yeah but Watford are unlikely to qualify for the EL any time soon.

As part of an agreement with the SFA he isn't allowed to own more than 10% of Rangers while he owns Newcastle. He's currently handing money to a business that is continuing to lose money with little prospect of them repaying him. At first glance this is very poor business practice. However, I reckon that when Rangers fail to repay him what he is owed the club and SFA will both agree to him accepting capital in the club in lieu of his cash and that is how he'll take majority control.

Edited by ewerk

Can't see him relinquishing control of Newcastle any time soon, so won't he simply use the dissolution of Rangers (again) as a threat to cow the SFA?

I think he can rely on the likelihood that Newcastle won't get into Europe. We'd either need a cup victory, which is laughable, or gaining access via the league which, in the current model, is just as laughable. How many spots go to England now? 6? I cannot see it being an issue we need to face any time soon.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt