Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I've gotta ask given many of the terms you've used (Mini-Murray etc) I take it you are a fan, or have a soft spot for, one of our rivals?

:) You think I'm a taig, because I post a contrary view :)

No I'm not a taig. My grandfather was a Rangers ST holder and a member of the orange lodge for that matter, neither thing I am proud of btw.

I get similar shit on here because Ashley doesn't piss me off enough.

I know the terms because I've followed the saga since the start (even before the start in truth) because I think insolvency rules/laws, when it comes to football, are beyond corrupt and I pray for the day that a club goes bust and it fucks off forever. Probably because I've been a creditor (a 6 figure creditor) in a (none football) liquidation and got fuck all, the business that screwed my business, and many others, never came back though. I genuinely feel for football's creditors though, they get fucked over and next thing it's like nothing happened. Pisses me off no end.

If I have a soft spot, it is for Hearts, based on nothing more than a lads (old codgers these days) day out on the hoy in Edinburgh every couple of years, and taking time out from the drinking to watch a game of football and have made some Hearts friends through that.

The SFA will waive DK straight through IMO, let's face it Campbell Ogilvie (EBT recipient) is on the board. The Stock Market/Companies house/the law etc. may not be so forgiving as King was on Rangers board within 12 months of when they went into liquidation, without the leave from a judge, it is illegal for him to be a director of a company with the same, or similar, name for 5 years. (That's why he's paused assuming his seat on the board).

Edited by Toonpack

No I'm not a taig. My grandfather was a Rangers ST holder and a member of the orange lodge for that matter, neither thing I am proud of btw.

I get similar shit on here because Ashley doesn't piss me off enough.

I know the terms because I've followed the saga since the start (even before the start in truth) because I think insolvency rules/laws, when it comes to football, are beyond corrupt and I pray for the day that a club goes bust and it fucks off forever. Probably because I've been a creditor (a 6 figure creditor) in a (none football) liquidation and got fuck all, the business that screwed my business, and many others, never came back though. I genuinely feel for football's creditors though, they get fucked over and next thing it's like nothing happened. Pisses me off no end.

If I have a soft spot, it is for Hearts, based on nothing more than a lads (old codgers these days) day out on the hoy in Edinburgh every couple of years, and taking time out from the drinking to watch a game of football and have made some Hearts friends through that.

The SFA will waive DK straight through IMO, let's face it Campbell Ogilvie (EBT recipient) is on the board. The Stock Market/Companies house/the law etc. may not be so forgiving as King was on Rangers board within 12 months of when they went into liquidation, without the leave from a judge, it is illegal for him to be a director of a company with the same, or similar, name for 5 years. (That's why he's paused assuming his seat on the board).

Not sure where you get all this taig stuff from. Not a term I'd use and I never mentioned any particular team, just one of our rivals.

I think your statement about hoping that someday a club that goes bust fucks off forever puts us pretty much at odds. I'm a Rangers supporter and also support my local junior team but in addition to that I'm also a football fan in general. Therefore I wouldn't want to see any club fucking off forever.

Re the SFA, not sure why you'd only mention Ogilvie as though he is the one solely making the decision. Petrie and Lawell are also on the board. And with regards to the stock exchange rules, I wouldn't be so certain that he will have a problem with them given the way Whyte was running the club, and I use the term 'running' loosely here, at the time. There were no board meetings and the other directors were basically kept in the dark by someone who had the controlling share in the club. I'm sure King has evidence that he was questioning Whyte's actions at this time. Alistair Johnston has confirmed that he certainly has a lot of evidence that this was the case.

I get similar shit on here because Ashley doesn't piss me off .

He asked you of you had a soft spot for one of

their rivals, he never called you a 'taig'. Stop putting sectarian words in his mouth as the lad has kept it out of his posts to be fair to him. He also hasn't bit at the digs at his club from some.

Don't forget to add the USA gun love-in to your Ashley reason for getting stick. ;)

Edited by Howmanheyman

:) You think I'm a taig, because I post a contrary view :)No I'm not a taig. My grandfather was a Rangers ST holder and a member of the orange lodge for that matter, neither thing I am proud of btw.I get similar shit on here because Ashley doesn't piss me off enough.I know the terms because I've followed the saga since the start (even before the start in truth) because I think insolvency rules/laws, when it comes to football, are beyond corrupt and I pray for the day that a club goes bust and it fucks off forever. Probably because I've been a creditor (a 6 figure creditor) in a (none football) liquidation and got fuck all, the business that screwed my business, and many others, never came back though. I genuinely feel for football's creditors though, they get fucked over and next thing it's like nothing happened. Pisses me off no end.If I have a soft spot, it is for Hearts, based on nothing more than a lads (old codgers these days) day out on the hoy in Edinburgh every couple of years, and taking time out from the drinking to watch a game of football and have made some Hearts friends through that.The SFA will waive DK straight through IMO, let's face it Campbell Ogilvie (EBT recipient) is on the board. The Stock Market/Companies house/the law etc. may not be so forgiving as King was on Rangers board within 12 months of when they went into liquidation, without the leave from a judge, it is illegal for him to be a director of a company with the same, or similar, name for 5 years. (That's why he's paused assuming his seat on the board).

That's not why you get stick on here :lol:

Not sure where you get all this taig stuff from. Not a term I'd use and I never mentioned any particular team, just one of our rivals.

I think your statement about hoping that someday a club that goes bust fucks off forever puts us pretty much at odds. I'm a Rangers supporter and also support my local junior team but in addition to that I'm also a football fan in general. Therefore I wouldn't want to see any club fucking off forever.

Re the SFA, not sure why you'd only mention Ogilvie as though he is the one solely making the decision. Petrie and Lawell are also on the board. And with regards to the stock exchange rules, I wouldn't be so certain that he will have a problem with them given the way Whyte was running the club, and I use the term 'running' loosely here, at the time. There were no board meetings and the other directors were basically kept in the dark by someone who had the controlling share in the club. I'm sure King has evidence that he was questioning Whyte's actions at this time. Alistair Johnston has confirmed that he certainly has a lot of evidence that this was the case.

Ok I apologise, just habit, as wherever of late, I post in a discussion with Rangers fans (which doesn't conform/agree with their point of view) often the who do you support thing comes out shortly followed with "you a taig".

On the matter in hand, King is barred from taking up a directorship, by law, because he was (irrespective or circumstance) a director of the old liquidated company within 12 months of it's liquidation, if he takes his directorship without clearance from a Judge, he is committing a criminal (not stock market) offence. It also would potentially open the avenue for HMRC/BDO etc. to consider Rangers a phoenix company and chase it for oldco's debts.

He may have been kept "in the dark" and have evidence to prove it BUT he failed in his duty as a director by not raising it with the relevant authorities at the time, saying "I didn't know and was kept out of the loop" will do him no favours, because as a director his responsibility would have been to ring the alarm bells when that situation was playing out.

Similarly he can't just invest in the background and use Murray as his proxy as that would make him a shadow director if he is seen to have influence. Operating as a shadow director is also a criminal offence.

He's a lot of hurdles to clear before he could join the board. Even if a NOMAD clears him, he needs petition a court, to get permission from a Judge, to join the board.

Notice how he's gone from "we'll raise £millions in a share issue to, within hours of getting control, my preference would be for the shares to be delisted".

He seems to me to be making it up as he goes along IMO.

On the retail thing, all the publicity was around Rangers only get x pence from every £10 spent and the costs (in the retail companies accounts) had shot up, which everyone interpreted as SD milking/ripping off the club/fans. BUT (big but) the bit that wasn't reported heavily or even noticed, as far as I can see, was that the actual profit generated by Rangers Retail had doubled from the previous year. There was a newspaper article which was summarising those results and it was all slanted as "Ashley fucks over Rangers" based on the cost base etc. it could have easily been written as "Ashley doubles Rangers Retail profits".

Rangers is being bled dry by onerous contracts, but when they are spending way more than they earn, I personally can't think of a better person than Llambias the grade A bastard, to sort that, sometimes you need a grade A bastard.

King was on Murray's board, Murray was the architect of Rangers demise, not Craig White/Charles Green, Murray (and his board) created the insolvent situation that allowed the vultures to gather.

Rangers is being bled dry by onerous contracts, but when they are spending way more than they earn, I personally can't think of a better person than Llambias the grade A bastard, to sort that, sometimes you need a grade A bastard.

King was on Murray's board, Murray was the architect of Rangers demise, not Craig White/Charles Green, Murray (and his board) created the insolvent situation that allowed the vultures to gather.

Given our low wages/ turnover ratio it isn't clear at the moment why we are spending more than we earn but Lambias is the last person we want there to 'sort' it out. Especially as he seems to be lining his own pockets paying his own PR company for unknown work. Will be interesting to see what else comes out when the books are looked at. The person who runs the Rangers Pools and Lotto has been online posting about how he was put under enormous pressure to hand over the money from this fund, which is used for youth development, over the past week. He hasn't named any names but it is clear that it was either Lambias or Leach. He received 6 phonecalls from them demanding the money in the half hour before the EGM when they lost their places on the board. God only knows what they planned to do with this.

Re Murray, the problem wasn't so much Rangers at the time it was the fact that his business empire was pretty much crumbling and unfortunately the club was caught up in this. There was only a debt of £18 million which was very manageable given our turnover.

How do you feel about Murray yourself FF?.... I take it he's still "comfortably off"?.... It strikes me that hes getting a bit of a free ride here....

Yeah he's still comfortably off.

I'm kinda torn with regards to him. On the one hand he was at the helm of such a successful period for us and that has given me so many unforgettable memories. But all that is soured by the decision to sell the club to Craig Whyte. I understand that due to his failing business empire it was basically forced on him by the bank but to sell to that charlatan against the advice of the oher directors is unforgiveable.

Yeah he's still comfortably off.

I'm kinda torn with regards to him. On the one hand he was at the helm of such a successful period for us and that has given me so many unforgettable memories. But all that is soured by the decision to sell the club to Craig Whyte. I understand that due to his failing business empire it was basically forced on him by the bank but to sell to that charlatan against the advice of the oher directors is unforgiveable.

It's funny you should say that because fellow self made millionaire Sir John Hall told us Ashley would be fabulous for us too :glare:

It's funny you should say that because fellow self made millionaire Sir John Hall told us Ashley would be fabulous for us too :glare:

Tory gobshite in lie to the people whilst feathering his own nest shocker!

Sandy Easdale has quit, which just leaves Lambias and Leach. Pretty much says it all that everyone else has realised the game is up and has left but Ashley's henchmen are refusing to go.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-battle-rangers-what-8789250

They won't leave until they get paid in full.

They won't leave until they get paid in full.

Probably.

They tried to get access to the Rangers Lotto fund money, which is ringfenced for youth development, right up till the EGM. The person who runs the fund, Colin Stewart, was put under enormous pressure and refused to hand it over. He said he had 6 calls demanding the money in the hour before the EGM.

@RFC_Colin: To confirm, despite fierce pressure all week & right up to 11am I refused point blank to transfer Development Fund money to club. 1/2

@RFC_Colin: Funds contributed by fans will now be released to our new board. I can confirm I was not flavour of the month with previous board 2/2

@RFC_Colin: In recent months my anger grew. I was thinking more of my grandfather, cousin & friends no longer with us & thought -No enough

@RFC_Colin: If staff were allowed to write a book. A chapter each from a select few. I could include my emails from Monaco !! #Bestseller

@RFC_Colin: At one point last week I decided to leave the office & work remotely. They were genuinely shocked I refused them

@RFC_Colin: 6 phone calls between 10am & 10:30

Don't know if there's any truth in it or not but there is a rumour that one of the players who was sent to us on loan has Hep B and can't play football.

It's at least 50% correct.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt