Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

The guy is an utter crackpot and was paid to write articles that were supportive of the old board (fantastic stories of £50 million investment etc). He is now paid to write articles that are critical of the current board. No one bothers with his articles other than to berate his nonsense so I find it a bit bizarre that you have dug out someone so far off the beaten path to try to support your views. It's akin to the method used by conspiracy theorists to confirm their worldview.

Aye OK, keep chasing those moonbeams and war chests :)

Edited by Toonpack

The guy is an utter crackpot and was paid to write articles that were supportive of the old board (fantastic stories of £50 million investment etc). He is now paid to write articles that are critical of the current board. No one bothers with his articles other than to berate his nonsense so I find it a bit bizarre that you have dug out someone so far off the beaten path to try to support your views. It's akin to the method used by conspiracy theorists to confirm their worldview.

Fair enough, but why hasn't King appointed a new NOMAD as he said he would a month ago?

Fair enough, but why hasn't King appointed a new NOMAD as he said he would a month ago?

Club statement claims that the NOMAD has advised that they couldn't proceed due to the companies profile in the previous few years and the failings in corporate governance during this time. There was something a little suspicious about the fact we'd gone through about 4 NOMAD's during this time and the last one involved the same employee moving from a previous company to a new one to continue this role (Paul Shackleton)

Apparently the NOMAD who was approached was Cantor Fitzgerald but the club haven't publicly confirmed this.

To be honest I don't really see much of an issue with being de-listed from AIM and moving to another exchange. AIM would've been handy if we were looking to attract outside investment but that's never gonna happen at this stage anyway.

We're at a stage now as a fanbase where we've probably got a better chance of explaining financial regulations. NOMAD's etc than we do of explaining the current offside law :geek: Would be nice to get back to concentrating on the football but thankfully we're getting there.

Edited by Fitbafan

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

Still getting the hang of this football lark, CT?

Would anyone take relegation and the uncertainty of when or if we come back up, if it meant Ashley fucked off for good? I've always felt relegation is the absolutely worst thing that can happen because you can stagnate in the lower leagues and get stuck down there for years, but honestly what's the point of existing in the premier league under Ashley? I can't remember ever being this disillusioned with nufc. Two or three seasons in the championship and he might finally fuck off.

Would anyone take relegation and the uncertainty of when or if we come back up, if it meant Ashley fucked off for good? I've always felt relegation is the absolutely worst thing that can happen because you can stagnate in the lower leagues and get stuck down there for years, but honestly what's the point of existing in the premier league under Ashley? I can't remember ever being this disillusioned with nufc. Two or three seasons in the championship and he might finally fuck off.

Unless something else comes up or someone else why not? Trouble is the bloke would screw us to the lower leagues forever by taking everything of value with him and tying us into onerous commercial deals which would cost us money to properly thrive in the future. He could fuck off but he'd leave his commercial booby traps around the place.

Spoke to a fellah in his 50s at half time yesterday, he was saying he hopes we go "the full pompey", go right down to the conference if need be, at least the club would be properly ours.

It crossed my mind yesterday.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt