Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Clear why he doesn't give more interviews, very uncomfortable on camera. Bizarre time to give his first interview too. Makes you wonder if the grief off the crowd is getting to him on a personal level

I'd say it's more in response to the media who have turned on him, and more specifically how the club has been run into the ground. Where the articles were once concerned with stereotypical delusional supporters they're now rightfully of a soulless club. Ashley was basically going through the motions in terms of content. At the same time it afforded him the ability to make a less than subtle jibe directed at the protests to get him out of the club. He'll only go on him terms. Sadly there is such direct avenue for a retort.

In terms of structure he should have finished with the biggest punchline; the one where the club is not for sale at ANY price.

Edited by OTF

I'd say it was to take the heat out of Keegan's interview and ultimately because he, like most people, was probably anticipating us going down and so just panicked and said whatever came to mind that might persuade gullible people to give him another chance.

Maybe he's had a change of heart. Maybe he's turning the page and we're about to enter a new age of investment and ambition....

:lol:

well, he said all the right things but i don't believe a word of it. we've been down this road too many times before, though interestingly he's never felt the need to go in front of sky's cameras up until now. disappointingly, his voice wasn't as high-pitched and girly-ike as i was led to believe.

he's probably trying to do something about the season ticket situation. i don't like the sound of not leaving till he wins something. that means we're stuck with him till he croaks it if he carries on running the club in the same way as he has until now.

I was thinking it was more along the lines of being able to appoint a competent manager. :lol:

There's probably no cunt that wants to manage us so he's said that bollocks.

I was thinking it was more along the lines of being able to appoint a competent manager. :lol:

He was at pains to point out that appointing the managers has nothing to do with him, that's all on Charnley.

Seems like I am going to be in the minority on here, but I did think Ashley was being quite genuine today. No one here really knows what goes on inside the club, so maybe this could be Ashleys way of acknowledging that there is something wrong with the club that he hasn't ironed out.

I could be being very naive, but there was a part of me that was reassured by the interview. It is going to be interesting to see if he keeps to his word though and we see investment over the summer because we bloody need it.

Aye, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He's finally realised whatever it was that was the root cause of all the countless previous mistakes, and it's all about to change from now on.

Although having said that - the statement was largely about money, and the finance director left a few days ago. He could have a point this guy.....new dawn here we come!

What he should have said was "i admit i've done things wrong i'm fully committed to the club and will do my utmost to make sure it's run properly" he may have earned some respect but he didn't so he can fuck right off.

What he should have said was "i admit i've done things wrong i'm fully committed to the club and will do my utmost to make sure it's run properly" he may have earned some respect but he didn't so he can fuck right off.

He took some responsibility at least. Probably means fuck all with that said.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt