Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

He's living in an Ashley wonderland, a world where NUFC are top-4 contenders, mid-range furniture delivers itself, and the coin-rich soil is made of microwavable gravy powder.

:lol: :lol:

Sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards. Ashley has the first step of that process nailed down.

Ashley is a giver not a taker.

He won't like Rafa trying to stick his fafa in him, pants down.

He's living in an Ashley wonderland, a world where NUFC are top-4 contenders, mid-range furniture delivers itself, and the coin-rich soil is made of microwavable gravy powder.

post of the year :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Slight tangent, but did anyone catch the radio 4 bit on this at about half 7 this morning? some economics professor defending mike ashley saying that "there needs to be places were employees are treated sub human because otherwise there'd be no entry level jobs - and dignity isnt a right everyone is entitled to"

Boiled my piss i tell ya!

Read the bit about forcing foreign workers to be paid via a pre-paid debit card with a £10 a month charge only £2 of which is the real service charge.

Tremendous level of cuntishness.

Slight tangent, but did anyone catch the radio 4 bit on this at about half 7 this morning? some economics professor defending mike ashley saying that "there needs to be places were employees are treated sub human because otherwise there'd be no entry level jobs - and dignity isnt a right everyone is entitled to"

Boiled my piss i tell ya!

Who is this professor? Catch his name?

From the edited 5 vminutes the Mirro0r picked out I don't think he came across too bad.

Then again, he had his PR man Bishop alongside him rather than a solicitor or any of the SD executives, so you can assume the mea culpa was all PR bollocks.

There was no mea culpa btw. He said that things had been done wrong, but only after he (thought he) had established that there was no way he could be held responsible cos the company was too big.

There was no mea culpa btw. He said that things had been done wrong, but only after he (thought he) had established that there was no way he could be held responsible cos the company was too big.

That point on its own is absolutely laughable :lol: As if any CEO can reasonably argue that point and not expect to be sacked the next day. If I went into work and claimed that the departments I was responsible for hadn't been performing, but that it wasn't my fault because there were too many to keep on top of, I'd be sacked and replaced with someone who could keep on top of them. Ashley is immune to this of course, given his stake in the company, but still.

The Mirror have a vested interest in making him look alright. He came across like an utterly stupid cunt and someone at times bordering on insanity.

It was brilliant.

Absolutely spot on.

In my previous business life I have never come across anyone in middle management, never mind director level, who displayed such bumbling stupidity.

Putting aside Ashley, I don't think Sports Direct is operating that much worse than a lot of other companies. These shitty contracts with a few strikes are all too common place, particularly in manufacturing.

I think the bigger story here, that will get no attention, is how clueless our lawmakers appeared about a lot of this stuff. It's been going on for many years and both Labour and Conservatives how allowed it to continue.

Some of these 6 strikes and out etc actually seemed news to them.

That point on its own is absolutely laughable :lol: As if any CEO can reasonably argue that point and not expect to be sacked the next day. If I went into work and claimed that the departments I was responsible for hadn't been performing, but that it wasn't my fault because there were too many to keep on top of, I'd be sacked and replaced with someone who could keep on top of them. Ashley is immune to this of course, given his stake in the company, but still.

To be fair, some of the points he was making were as you would expect from a CEO, about Buck stopping with him put not being able to control some day to day events in a giant company, he just didn't seem to have the intelligence to explain himself.

A proper CEO would have batted most of the questions away quite easily.

A proper CEO would have batted most of the questions away quite easily.

Then offered a 4 year, interest free deal on a corner set with storage pouffe.....

...... WITH NOTHING TO PAY FOR THE FIRST 12 MONTHS!!!!!

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt