Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

• 2 weeks later...

Probably just came from this:

Newcastle United are on the brink of announcing their new sponsors.

The Chronicle understands that the Magpies have agreed a deal with a Chinese company who will have their name emblazoned across the club’s new kit next season.

It is believed that the Chinese investors are an online betting firm and have agreed a big money deal with Newcastle.

The new sponsorship deal comes on the back of a successful business trip arranged by managing director Lee Charnley and the club’s commercial team.

The trip, which we reported on March 28, also involved talk of a summer tour in China but that is unlikely to be this summer as United were unable to confirm dates after becoming embroiled in a fierce promotion race.

Mike Ashley 24th May 2015

"To be categorically clear, I'm not going anywhere until we win something."

We've just won the Championship Mike now do be a jolly good sport sell up & sod off. We know you'll never have the ambition for the club Rafa has. You'll undoubtedly screw him over with the first chance you get, do the right thing & keep your promise. Let Rafa share his ambition for the club with an owner who has the same ambition as himself. Set us free from your Sports Direct handcuffs & let us rise from the ashes to become the club we deserve to be.

Fanks Trooper

24th May 2015 Defiant Mike Ashley: I WON'T sell Newcastle United until we win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League

He said it i'm just ssking him to keep his word.

He's not going anywhere tbh. He'd need to get an offer of well over two hundred million or so, despite being back in the PL, being stable financially, and having a class manager in charge already I don't see that happening.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

can we? can we?  :unsure2:

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

can we? can we? :unsure2:

We have the first piece of the puzzle in place Rafa

We also have the fans who share Rafa's ambition (why shouldnt we be looking at top 4 finishes)

But we need an owner who shares this ambition & sadly i dont think we have that.

Honestly the potential for this club could be massive i dont want us to be like Sunderland clinging on for Premiership survival every year i want us competing at the top of the league winning an odd FA Cup or League Cup on the way. We'll never win anything as long as Ashley's in charge yesterday was as good as it gets. We're back in the Premiership maybe's these new Chinese sponsors could be a stepping stone to a new buyer ? Who know's ? I get all the HOPE & PASSION stuff. Maybe's we dont demand trophies, maybe it's time we did.

Edited by trooper

what you mean is you wnat someone who can spend maybe £100  - £200  million a year and not notice it...................  

what you mean is you wnat someone who can spend maybe £100  - £200  million a year and not notice it...................

We have the means not the willingness

We have the first piece of the puzzle in place Rafa

We also have the fans who share Rafa's ambition (why shouldnt we be looking at top 4 finishes)

But we need an owner who shares this ambition & sadly i dont think we have that.

Honestly the potential for this club could be massive i dont want us to be like Sunderland clinging on for Premiership survival every year i want us competing at the top of the league winning an odd FA Cup or League Cup on the way. We'll never win anything as long as Ashley's in charge yesterday was as good as it gets. We're back in the Premiership maybe's these new Chinese sponsors could be a stepping stone to a new buyer ? Who know's ? I get all the HOPE & PASSION stuff. Maybe's we dont demand trophies, maybe it's time we did.

I was just quoting CT's OP

There's no reason why we can't challenge Everton for 7th,with Rafa managing, if he's backed and not undermined. It would take investment of a scale ashley isn't going to contemplate to mix it with the top 6.

There's no reason why we can't challenge Everton for 7th,with Rafa managing, if he's backed and not undermined. It would take investment of a scale ashley isn't going to contemplate to mix it with the top 6.

Sorry but I hate posts like this. You're trying to be realistic, fine, but people used to cry on about how the "top 4" was impenetrable a few seasons ago. Pardew nearly got into it and now it's a top 6. There'll always be a team that can emerge from the pack. Whilst it won't be us next season you don't know how things will pan out or what players we'll unearth in the coming seasons. We'll have one of the best managers in the division, who has a history of getting teams to punch above their weight

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt