Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Dont worry about money Mike's got it all in hand, hardly any transfer budget & expects Rafa to fijish mid table & win a cup "Fanks Mike"

Edited by trooper

Well, at least we know what the deal is...

And to be honest, if he's not willing or able to put any more money is, there's nothing else to be said, is there? The club is just going to have to spend what it can and hope for the best until we've cemented ourselves again. Or we go down.

Edited by Rayvin

The days of actually building a club from the ground up are literally gone.

Ashley messed up with Newcastle but whilst he messed up he did actually keep it alive in terms of financial stability.

It was a near dead stick when Hall and Shepherd took a back door carpet bump stance.

They sold the club and ran, then reared their heads up when the fans turned on Ashley and co.

We could have potentially been sitting in league 1 or two if Ashley hadn't bought this club.

It's just a shame he tried to play too much of a careful hand when the clubs at the top were going all out to basically buy anyone and everyone with a name.

Taking into account the post code Newcastle United reside under, you have to wonder if Ashley had went all out to match other clubs what fettle we would be in as it stands right now.

On the one hand we could  have been challenging for the champions league and maybe flirting with the odd go at trying to nick a title smash and grab or a couple of cups. Keegan was the man and messiah for the second coming, so Imagine what might have happened had he been given the chance to go hell for leather until we were cleaned out and reliant on it all working out.

The other hand is having that chance to do it and suffering the after effects of failure to realise the heights we all would have hoped for but also knowing that we do not get another chance to go all out but also realising that we have a team full of highly paid players that can't or won't cut the mustard, leaving the club hanging onto a hope of a sale for their money back whilst also shaving a monstrous wage bill, ready to have another bash in different circumstances.

The issue we have at Newcastle is like the big kids... the good players at school, who picked their teams for their games from the bunch of good players and misfits stood before them.

A north east club like ours, as much as we all like to steep ourselves in the history of it, as well as the dreamy days of Keegan and Sir Bobby giving us a flirt with the good times, is a much much harder proposition and has been for long enough.

At one stage, Michael Knighton was going to take over Man Utd and had about as much clout as the Newcastle businessman, Barry Moat who would have all but destroyed the club due to having no cash on the hip after a buy in.

Lots of if's and but's but it would be great to have foresight and hindsight ourselves in terms of seeing just what was in the pipeline.

How do you compete with the Sheikh's and the Chinese/Russian super billionaires with the most popular clubs under their guidance?

I wish Ashley had done many things different but I'm not honestly sure where we would be today in spite of it happening.

I often wonder if we would be sat with a wrecked club full of mercenaries, with little future in terms of plying our trade against the big hitters...unless we managed to bag a similar blank cheque type owner.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, no matter how bad it appears to look on this side, at times.

Edited by wolfy

On 8/18/2017 at 11:58 PM, wolfy said:

It was a near dead stick when Hall and Shepherd took a back door carpet bump stance.

They sold the club and ran, then reared their heads up when the fans turned on Ashley and co.

We could have potentially been sitting in league 1 or two if Ashley hadn't bought this club.

It's just a shame he tried to play too much of a careful hand when the clubs at the top were going all out to basically buy anyone and everyone with a name.

This to me is a bullshit straw man argument.

If the club was truly in that much trouble financially, Hall and Shepherd would have just sold it to another buyer.

If you look at the timing of Ashley's purchase it was a mere 12 months before the start of the boom.

More than likely we would have ended up with someone who actually gives a fuck about football, not the narcissistic, sociopath cunt that now uses the club as nothing more than an international billboard. 

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

This to me is a bullshit straw man argument.

If the club was truly in that much trouble financially, Hall and Shepherd would have just sold it to another buyer.

If you look at the timing of Ashley's purchase it was a mere 12 months before the start of the boom.

More than likely we would have ended up with someone who actually gives a fuck about football, not the narcissistic, sociopath cunt that now uses the club as nothing more than an international billboard. 

The club was truly in that much trouble.

Hall and Shepherd had burned it out with borrowing.

Buying marquee players for another stint at winning something as well as bumping up merchandise revenue to sustain it.

It fell apart for them, but in a way you could argue two points. One for and one against them.

The for was simple. They wanted what the fans desired. They tried their utmost to keep delivering that variety of names that excited the fans and also themselves.

To us outside trying to look in, it all looked rosy at first but it also appeared like we could just carry on repairing the cracks whilst not realising that they were merely papering over the cracks each time one appeared.

Eventually the inevitable happened and they could not sanction any more deals or run the club, because the banks wanted nothing more to do with dishing the cash out.

Did any of those people have any cash on their own hips? Personal wealth they could have put in to steady the ship?

They probably did but that would have been peanuts and a total killer to them.

Their way was to simply sell the club to the highest bidder and hope they could do it whilst disguising the entire debt the club was in.

They apparently had some  consortium waiting in the wings to buy the club, except this apparent consortium were in the middle of doing due diligence which would take a certain amount of time.

Whether this was a genuine consortium or one made up by Hall and co to effect a fast sale to Ashley, remains to be seen. But whatever, Ashley was coaxed into buying the club on a whim in order to beat the so called consortium.

Ashley bought a club in dire trouble and would have likely backed out had he had time to do the due diligence, just like the consortium (assuming legitimate) would have backed out, most likely.

Does that make Ashley a MUG?

Yes and no ,depending on who you could've asked at that time.

Hall and co would have sat back and shouted, " anyone want to buy some rocking horse shit."

The Newcastle fans would have seen him as the saviour of the club and the potential owner to take us to the real dizzy heights and stay there.

I bet Ashley thought that as well.

Imagine buying the sweet shop ready to move into for business, only to find that the jars are mouldy and the chocolate bars are past their sell by date and the stock cupboard is bare, only to then find the man in the suit at the door telling you to cough up what's owed or your club goes into admin.

Ashley was a mug, no two ways about it. He bought into a club where the ex personnel were writing cheques it's entire structure couldn't cash. ( I took that from top gun with Maverick and Goose being reprimanded, but changed it up a little bit). 

There's a hell of a lot to thank the man for in one respect but also there's a hell of a lot to have a dig at him for in many other, latter respects.

One thing is for certain. He did come in for a fight. He came in and made a fist of it due to the market being easier to navigate.

He rid Allardyce and brought in Keegan.

He did this most probably due to his extreme naive mind believing that Keegan would re-ignite the passion in the fans and also magically produce a new team of successful entertainers.

We all know what happened from this point and most of it has been depressing and dire...but amid all of that we still have a stable club to enable us to fight another fight.

The issue right now is whether Ashley stays to allow Rafa to effect this with a reasonably happy medium being struck as time goes on, or a buyer comes in that is willing and able to promise a further build.

Whatever happens, we know two things.

1. With Ashley we have a club that runs from within and owes nothing to nobody except to those within.

(Where we end up as a team is all down to a hope that his naivety is replaced with football foresight, rather than head scratching wishes for hindsight)

2. If Ashley sells up, we know that the buyer can do due diligence and see a sound structure.

(All we have to hope for from this is that a new owner keeps the club as we know it and also operates it with as much transparency for the fans to feel a part of, whilst also ensuring that the club isn't mortgaged on any more footballing chance that could potentially kill it.

I'm not taking over where comedy Dave has left off but I call bullshit on all of the above except the fact that Ashley is a mug, even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

This alone proves everything you claim above is nothing more than surmise:

He rid Allardyce and brought in Keegan.

He did this most probably due to his extreme naive mind believing that Keegan would re-ignite the passion in the fans and also magically produce a new team of successful entertainers.

Because the Kegler didn't even get his feet under the door before Ashley pissed on his chips and installed Wise in the DOF position.

He's a thick clueless twat who's even more dangerous now because he thinks he's realized where he's gone wrong in the past. Useless fat knob. Cant wait for the day he goes, Rafa can only hope to offer a brief respite in the while.

22 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I'm not taking over where comedy Dave has left off but I call bullshit on all of the above except the fact that Ashley is a mug, even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

This alone proves everything you claim above is nothing more than surmise:

Because the Kegler didn't even get his feet under the door before Ashley pissed on his chips and installed Wise in the DOF position.

You need to read and absorb what I said.

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

He's a thick clueless twat who's even more dangerous now because he thinks he's realized where he's gone wrong in the past. Useless fat knob. Cant wait for the day he goes, Rafa can only hope to offer a brief respite in the while.

More dangerous as in, how?

14 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

A clueless twat who think's he's got it all figured out is more dangerous than an indifferent clueless twat. 

Who said he's thinks he's got it all figured out?

He's said the club is back to square one.

He's leaving the running of the football side to the people who know and he's taking a back seat.

Believe that or not but it hardly spells dangerous.

What was dangerous was the clubs plight before he took over. That was the real definition of dangerous.

What happened since was called inept and naive with too many false promises added to the mix.

So tell me how it's more dangerous as it stands from this point?

9 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Who said he's thinks he's got it all figured out?

He's said the club is back to square one.

He's leaving the running of the football side to the people who know and he's taking a back seat.

Believe that or not but it hardly spells dangerous.

What was dangerous was the clubs plight before he took over. That was the real definition of dangerous.

What happened since was called inept and naive with too many false promises added to the mix.

So tell me how it's more dangerous as it stands from this point?

Who said that he's said that he's got it all figured out?

We're gone from a top 6-8 side to relegation strugglers/championship level under him. In addition to that he's successfully sucked the soul out of the club. Only recently has the place started to feel a bit lively again due to Rafa's presence and the hope that Ashley might just have finally learnt something. That hope is already looking very slim, the twat is doing it all over again and he will as long as he's here. You can keep telling yourself he saved us from financial difficulties in an attempt to feel better about an absolute cunt of an owner. 

Edited by aimaad22

Left the footballing side to others has he eh? Quite clear from Rafa's comments that he's already gone back on his commitment to the manager regarding transfers. But thats nothing to do with football I suppose.

Edited by aimaad22

10 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Who said that he's said that he's got it all figured out?

We're gone from a top 6-8 side to relegation strugglers/championship level under him. In addition to that he's successfully sucked the soul out of the club. Only recently has the place started to feel a bit lively again due to Rafa's presence and the hope that Ashley might just have finally learnt something. That hope is already looking very slim, the twat is doing it all over again and he will as long as he's here. You can keep telling yourself he saved us from financial difficulties in an attempt to feel better about an absolute cunt of an owner. 

He hasn't sucked the soul out of the club. that's frenzied fans jumping on a hate bandwagon because he made a right pigs ear of things at certain times.

He's done enough good for the club on top of the bad.

The club is still here with better facilities and a full house, even for the championship games.

I'd say the soul is well and truly affixed.

There's a hell of a lot worse owners than Ashley.

I don't particularly enjoy what's gone on in many a season under him. I din't enjoy some of it under other owners, as well.

Nobody seemed to have much to say about him when we were storming championships and the time we finished 5th a nearly hitting a champions league spot.

It was like picking petals from a flower with many a fickle fan.

We love him, we love him not - we hate him, we hate him not - we like him, we like him not - he's ok, he's not ok.

He hasn't give the fans what they want and he's been greedy and naive and told pork pies, plus empty promises to managers.

He's done what all owners do but some owners are ripe for the picking and some clubs with the wrong post code are a media dream to crap on.

Careful what you wish for because as bad as you think it is now, the grass is rarely greener on the other side.

You can ride over any of that if you want but I'll put this to you and answer it as honestly as you can.

You have the choice to get rid of Ashley tomorrow.

You can choose any owner you want from what's on offer in every league in the world of football.

Tell me which one you would have and explain the reasons for picking that owner.

22 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Left the footballing side to others has he eh? Quite clear from Rafa's comments that he's already gone back on his commitment to the manager regarding transfers. But thats nothing to do with football I suppose.

Do you know exactly what he's gone back on?

Tell me about it.

17 minutes ago, adios said:

Don't waste your breath, @aimaad22 .

Try and let him do his own things.

Too many people like yourself tend to run on the nod of others.

Man up and argue a point or leave others to do so.

Some good advice for you.

56 minutes ago, wolfy said:

He hasn't sucked the soul out of the club. that's frenzied fans jumping on a hate bandwagon because he made a right pigs ear of things at certain times.

He's done enough good for the club on top of the bad.

The club is still here with better facilities and a full house, even for the championship games.

I'd say the soul is well and truly affixed.

There's a hell of a lot worse owners than Ashley.

I don't particularly enjoy what's gone on in many a season under him. I din't enjoy some of it under other owners, as well.

Nobody seemed to have much to say about him when we were storming championships and the time we finished 5th a nearly hitting a champions league spot.

It was like picking petals from a flower with many a fickle fan.

We love him, we love him not - we hate him, we hate him not - we like him, we like him not - he's ok, he's not ok.

He hasn't give the fans what they want and he's been greedy and naive and told pork pies, plus empty promises to managers.

He's done what all owners do but some owners are ripe for the picking and some clubs with the wrong post code are a media dream to crap on.

Careful what you wish for because as bad as you think it is now, the grass is rarely greener on the other side.

You can ride over any of that if you want but I'll put this to you and answer it as honestly as you can.

You have the choice to get rid of Ashley tomorrow.

You can choose any owner you want from what's on offer in every league in the world of football.

Tell me which one you would have and explain the reasons for picking that owner.

WTF :lol::lol:

Yes there's absolutely no owner I'd rather have :lol:

56 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Do you know exactly what he's gone back on?

Tell me about it.

What are the false promises you were going on about then?

55 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Try and let him do his own things.

Too many people like yourself tend to run on the nod of others.

Man up and argue a point or leave others to do so.

Some good advice for you.

Let him run on the nod of others. 

Too many people stopping others from running on the nods of others. 

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt