Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, 247 said:

he's literally trolling us 

Like hiding under bridges and charging us to cross them?  I wouldn't fucking put it past him tbh.

The situation is utterly expected but still fucking galling.

We’ve come to the end of the road here imo, to a point where NUFC is fucking pointless to support. I might be just being a mopey cunt here, but basically if there was ever going to be one iota of ambition every shown it would be now. We have a top class manager, who got the club back up at the first time of asking on a net profit, or low net spend (I don’t remember as that counts for nowt with ownership anyway as they’ll always just say we have fuck all), kept the club in the PL with a tight budget. We should have a surplus of cash, instead he’s told we are still paying off the one season we spent down there. How the fuck do clubs survive if that’s the case? How have fucking Fulham come up to the PL after donkeys years out and immediately bought Seri, a player who was almost signed by Barca 12 months ago. If the stories that Benitez was offered a five year deal but turned it down as he wanted assurances about control over the youth set up are true, this club is completely and utterly fucked. 

I rarely say this about people but I’m getting to the point where I just wish this cunt would just die. I know it sounds harsh but what is he doing here? It’s a massive part of people’s lives this football club and he’s fucking on with it as if it’s one of his fucking tatty shops. It’s just so fucking annoying to sit and watch him fuck over any good chance for the football club to be good, for no reason whatsoever. Just give Benitez a budget man, it doesn’t have to be outrageous or even what other clubs are spending but anything is better than hamstringing him to the point he’s getting frees, loanees, and priced out of moves for Solomon fucking Rondon. 

Im just curious as to what he expects when Rafa does leave. He can’t honestly be thick enough to think it’ll be okay this time? I know he’s done some abhorrent stuff before but there was always a glimmer of hope to cling to, a feeling that we would spend or do something but once Rafa leaves next summer it’ll be clear to everyone it’s never getting better. What the fuck runs through your head where you allow Steve McClaren to spend a wedge (under this wanker anyway) and give Rafa Benitez nowt?

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

If a football club exists to entertain its supporters and compete for trophies, then there’s no point to us and hasn’t been for a long time.

I dont think Ashley gives a fuck about anything other than the finances, and is only our owner because his greed or pride won’t permit him to sell up for less than a massive profit. Since he overpaid in the first place, we’re stuck with him and the club is being slowly but surely strangled by hus stupidity and indifference.

Supporting a club is ultimately pointless without hope, however misplaced it might be. With Ashley there’s little hope of better days ahead, we will always be cut price also rans at best.....and with this fucking clown show, we’re only ever a mclaren or  kinnear away from disaster.

Once Benitez walks - as he surely will sooner or later - we will be royally fucked. I’m sorry to go full Trooper but I don’t see better days ahead until Ashley fucks off and that might depend solely on the strength of his cardiac system.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

I dont think Ashley gives a fuck about anything other than the finances

I don't think that's strictly true. There's definitely a chicken and egg thing going on with him and Rafa at the moment, which comes first, the signings or the contract?

Of course Rafa is entirely within his rights to wait for evidence of ambition before putting pen to paper but Ashley's massive ego won't allow any of his employees to call the shots.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

I don't think that's strictly true. There's definitely a chicken and egg thing going on with him and Rafa at the moment, which comes first, the signings or the contract?

Of course Rafa is entirely within his rights to wait for evidence of ambition before putting pen to paper but Ashley's massive ego won't allow any of his employees to call the shots.

You’re probably right about the stand off but I have no faith in Ashley to invest properly in the players and club infrastructure. And evidently neither does Benitez (and who can blame him?)

He knows Rafa won't agree to sign without signings coming in so it's his get out, i.e. the manager wouldn't sign a new contract so I couldn't risk investing much money. He'll bank on Rafa being able to keep us up and he'll take it from there. It's typical of his short-termist approach, i.e. just another calculated gamble to get the club through the next 12 months or so. Genuinely hate him

• Like 2

I know it's wrong to wish death upon someone over football but I honestly believe it's completely justified for this cunt. It's the only way he will get his parasitic fat hands off the club.. just imagine how different this summer could have been if he'd not fucked everyone around and sold to Stavely 6 months ago. Sickening. 

Can only echo everyone else really. I haven't renewed this year and apart from a farewell drink with some match going mates for the Augsburg game, that'll be me as I only went back as I thought something might happen with Rafa there either contractually supporting the manager or Rafa being the magnet that attracted a fresh buyer. We must have the only fucking owner in football who employs PR (paid by nufc, natch) to actively undermine a world class manager, who looks for reasons to not invest and basically do anything to piss everybody off so he can be 'the man'. The bloke is fucking poison but it's not a quick poison, it's a really slow death and it's a slow death you're completely aware of. If this were Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc you'd never hear the end of it and the pressure would be on from the general media as well as the supporters, fuck me, even West Ham would get the sympathetic ear but not us. I would say I've did the odd bit of 'protesting' both in the sack the board days and the Ashley years but the apathy around now by large swathes of our support leaves me cold, it seems a hashtag is about as good as it gets because it's easy and you don't get to 'look like a dick' in public. Anyway, I'm out. Fuck him.

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Can only echo everyone else really. I haven't renewed this year and apart from a farewell drink with some match going mates for the Augsburg game, that'll be me as I only went back as I thought something might happen with Rafa there either contractually supporting the manager or Rafa being the magnet that attracted a fresh buyer. We must have the only fucking owner in football who employs PR (paid by nufc, natch) to actively undermine a world class manager, who looks for reasons to not invest and basically do anything to piss everybody off so he can be 'the man'. The bloke is fucking poison but it's not a quick poison, it's a really slow death and it's a slow death you're completely aware of. If this were Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc you'd never hear the end of it and the pressure would be on from the general media as well as the supporters, fuck me, even West Ham would get the sympathetic ear but not us. I would say I've did the odd bit of 'protesting' both in the sack the board days and the Ashley years but the apathy around now by large swathes of our support leaves me cold, it seems a hashtag is about as good as it gets because it's easy and you don't get to 'look like a dick' in public. Anyway, I'm out. Fuck him.

I feel for you mate I really do its a crying shame it's come to this I know hate is a strong word but I hate the fucker for what he's done to our club as you say Fuck him

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I feel for you mate I really do its a crying shame it's come to this I know hate is a strong word but I hate the fucker for what he's done to our club as you say Fuck him

No need to feel for me troops, we're all sick of the cunt and I'll just save some money and try and watch our games on the dodgy TV. Not having a season ticket used to be the norm anyway, too much leverage gave away and freedom to move around when the days of the season ticket culture came in. (IMHO)

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Our current squad are light years away from winning the league.Winning a cup of two doesn't bring in big money so why would Ashley give Rafa,let's say,£100m to finish three or four places higher in the league to get another £5m or £6m from SKY? 

How about not backing the best manager you could hope to attract which leads to him leaving and most likely relegation? How much money does Ashley get for another relegation?

So fucking stupid

Edited by 247

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Our current squad are light years away from winning the league.Winning a cup of two doesn't bring in big money so why would Ashley give Rafa,let's say,£100m to finish three or four places higher in the league to get another £5m or £6m from SKY? 

If that’s his attitude then why not sell? 

If we do stay up (and it's a big if, even with Rafa IMO), you can see Ashley thinking he can coast by in the PL with loans and freebies tbh. We finished fifth by a stroke of good fortune and he didn't move off that until Carver had us staring into the abyss and by that point, it was too late to course correct. He done the same with his pissing about at the start of his tenure as well, really. The bloke is a serial gambler who never learns from his mistakes. If he wasn't a billionaire, he'd be pissing wages away in the bookies and given an intervention on Jeremy Kyle

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

If that’s his attitude then why not sell? 

Free tv advertising has earned him £millions it doesn't cost him anything & as long as we finish 17th or better he rakes the money in. It's a horrible situation but that's why he won't invest or sell.

A buyer needs to come in and call his bluff. I can't see anything else getting rid of him. People talk about wanting relegation(s); when we go down he "loans" the club his money to cover costs for transfers/wages for promotion and once we go up the cycle starts again. The club is just in limbo, going nowhere whilst he remains. 

This was in the Rafa thread:

1 hour ago, Howay said:

If that was the reason then surely he could just hoy in a clause to any deal that he gets 10 year of free billboard advertising to any deal if he was to sell. That way he’d get his shite shop advertised without the hassle.

I honestly think at this point he’s just being a monumental cunt tbh. He’s got skin as thin as Trump’s when it comes to insults so I’d not be surprised if he had a massive chip on his shoulder with regard to NUFC fans. As an investment it’s a fucking pointless exercise, if he’d invested the £134m or whatever it was elsewhere 10 year ago he’d get a far better return than sticking it into a football club. 

I think this is actually one of the things he is looking for when he sells and besides the price, it is a huge obstacle for any potential buy.

Unlike the fucking idiot, owners of football clubs want to be able to grow their commercial brand/revenue and being tied to free advertising, which no doubt he wants it all, shirt, stadium, naming rights - no one in their right mind would agree to.

Also I think he stripped so many physical assets out of the club's ownership (and into MASH) and run the playing squad down so much, that any buyer knows that they are going to need a lot of investment over and above his ridiculous asking price.

He's painted the club into a corner with his greed and ignorance and once a buyer does due diligence they will tell him to fuck off.

4 hours ago, trooper said:

Free tv advertising has earned him £millions it doesn't cost him anything & as long as we finish 17th or better he rakes the money in. It's a horrible situation but that's why he won't invest or sell.

Trooper, this has been obvious since day one, I think even the cunt that got us into this situation, John Hall, said it in an interview after he sold the club from under fat Freddy but it's not the only reason why Ashley won't invest, that's purely because the man is a cunt.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt