Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

The aim was to sell the club by last Christmas, but despite expressions of interest, no serious or acceptable offers have been made.

A group of Saudi Arabian investors are the latest interested party, but no contact has been made with Ashley’s camp.

It's the next step that has to be taken stay out of the ground. There's still an awful lot of people that don't realise what's happening to our club. This is a huge  opportunity to let them know what's going on. Call it now & give people plenty of notice.

34 minutes ago, trooper said:

It's the next step that has to be taken stay out of the ground. There's still an awful lot of people that don't realise what's happening to our club. This is a huge  opportunity to let them know what's going on. Call it now & give people plenty of notice.

Who doesn't know and what difference does them knowing actually make?

All the fans know and I've read several articles about the dire state of things across probably all the major papers. Sky debated it recently even if they took Ashleys side. It's not like people don't know.

I'm not saying dont boycott, just not sure that awareness raising is a realistic reason.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

There’s been 50k singing YOU FAT COCKNEY BASTARD GET OUT IF OUR CLUB at the last few games Troops. I think they get the picture...

Online activists have moved on to targeting SDs other shareholders. Not sure what effect that will have but I applaud their efforts :good: 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

There’s been 50k singing YOU FAT COCKNEY BASTARD GET OUT IF OUR CLUB at the last few games Troops. I think they get the picture...

Online activists have moved on to targeting SDs other shareholders. Not sure what effect that will have but I applaud their efforts :good: 

I applaud every single thing people are doing as well, either big or small. But it's now very much  an "us & them" situation. There'll never be peace & harmony as long as Ashleys here it's gone to far.

Are the protests working ? I think so, the numbers seem to be growing outside SJP

Has attacking the SD Twitter feed worked ? Very much so, the sports redirect is very clever

Would a boycott be supported ? Who knows but I feel its time to put it to the test.

There comes a time when if you keep kicking a dog eventually it'll turn. I think we've reached that point now

• Like 1

There is no way a British fanbase would be creative enough to do what those Milan fans have done. That's inspired :lol:

I'd fully support a boycott if we got something like that going, it'd definitely get coverage.

Edited by Rayvin

There is also the question of how a boycott would effect the team.  The Milan one wasn't when they were looking in real danger of getting relegated.  We are in a position where we need points and soon.  Whilst I understand the calls to boycott, the team need all the help they can get at the moment. 

• Like 1

I doubt very much a boycott would affect the players too much. They know the craic plus tbf they cant drop much lower. Also word filtering out Rafa's going to be on a limited budget & will be searching the bargain basement in January 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-rafa-benitez-15296317

You can shout all you want for these players but honestly we just don't have the quality in the team to compete for 90 minutes against most of the premiership. It now looks like they won't be getting any quality reinforcements to help them in January. 

47 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

seriously, the players we had last season were just as shit and we finished 10th. keep the faith!

Let's see how everyone feels after the Brighton game.

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

A bit like Derby ten years ago when every team was beating them...

Fucking Kenny Miller.

Big Sam playing for a draw 

• Haha 1

Llambias:

'We don’t need his money."

"It’s got nothing to do with Mike Ashley. Morton’s not a very expensive club to buy, is it? I’ve no idea what the price would be, but it’s not a huge investment."

"We were shown round the club - it’s a nice little club, with potential, so watch this space."

"But we’re not committing to anything. The main thing was to look at the reserves and have a look at Alexander Easdale."

"Morton have some good quality coming through. Whenever I’ve got the chance to see a player, I ask Grahamn to come along and have a look. He’s a good friend of mine and he’s got an eye for a player and plenty of experience."

"I belong to a group of high-network individuals. We look at all sorts of things — sports, property. It’s a nice little group of people."

"They know I’ve gone to Morton. We’re just looking. I’m not saying we’re going to get involved. It’s a nice little club and it’s got potential, but I’m not so sure it will be for us. There’s a long way to go yet."

"We could do it ourselves, there’s not a problem with that. We’re not acting for any group. There’s no commitment from us to buy it."

"We were just up for a couple of days. I was introduced to the manager and the chief executive. We had a look around, that was it."

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/morton/ex-rangers-shareholder-mike-ashley-not-involved-in-morton-takeover-bid-1-4816789

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt