Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Newcastle United boss informed of January's budget

The Magpies did not splash out in the summer window and Rafa Benitez is already cutting his cloth accordingly ahead of the January window

Rafa Benitez will be shopping in the bargain basement again when the January window opens for business.

European loans will be one of the most realistic options this winter when it comes to bringing in quality senior players.

In the early part of the year Benitez ploughed the tiny January budget he was afforded into loan fees for Kenedy and Martin Dubravka.

The ex-Liverpool chief is now braced to do something similar in early 2019.

The club’s routine transfer meeting – which took place after the home defeat against Leicester City – resulted in Benitez making it clear that club scouts must dig deep to find low budget transactions in the next few months.’

It's now fairly obvious if this is true Ashley  wants rid of Rafa  I'm disgusted

#boycottwolves 

He won't care about the boycott beyond the fact that it's a financial hit. And it isn't a big one even at that. I honestly think the stadium could be completely empty and he wouldn't give a shit beyond missing the revenues. We make something like £25m in matchday revenue - so he's not going to spend more than that trying to keep fans happy. I really do think he's that cynical.

I suspect he has valued Rafa as an asset to the club in the same way, and won't exceed that cost.

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He won't care about the boycott beyond the fact that it's a financial hit. And it isn't a big one even at that. I honestly think the stadium could be completely empty and he wouldn't give a shit beyond missing the revenues. We make something like £25m in matchday revenue - so he's not going to spend more than that trying to keep fans happy. I really do think he's that cynical.

I suspect he has valued Rafa as an asset to the club in the same way, and won't exceed that cost.

Ray it's not about him losing money on the match day we know that's a drop in the ocean to him financially. It's about standing up & being counted, making a statement. This can't go on& even a half empty stadium will send a message that we've had enough.

57 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Rafa will be sacked by the January window anyway. I can see it coming a mile off since Ashley is a cunt

Aye I can see this happening tbh. He’ll see it as a ‘win’. 

If any of that about there being no transfer budget in January is true it’s fairly staggering even for Ashley. He’s willing to gamble the clubs PL status, the only thing he seems to give a toss about, to try and force a manager to sign a new deal :lol: 

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye I can see this happening tbh. He’ll see it as a ‘win’. 

If any of that about there being no transfer budget in January is true it’s fairly staggering even for Ashley. He’s willing to gamble the clubs PL status, the only thing he seems to give a toss about, to try and force a manager to sign a new deal :lol: 

TBF, the Rodgers link made sense to me considering Rafa is probably out at the end of the season and Rodgers seems desperate to get away from Celtic before Rangers give him some actual competition.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 16:13, Dr Gloom said:

seriously, the players we had last season were just as shit and we finished 10th. keep the faith!

Difficult to get them to keep buying into the work ethic once it becomes obvious the club is going nowhere and the manager is leaving though 

I don’t think this is a knee jerk to a poor result at home to a weak side but I feel like Ashley has finally pushed firmly down on the pillow and suffocated this club this season after a decade of holding it just above the club’s nose. 

The club has been utterly destroyed, we were a great football club, not necessarily on the pitch or in terms of trophies but we were a proper football club and there was a great connection between club and fan base even in the times we struggled which imo is rare in the modern game. 

Football is the highlight of many people’s weeks, I’m not ashamed to admit it can often be the highlight of mine. He’s ripped that from us, I can no longer say it can ever be that to me we’re tragic, utterly tragic. For 10 years we’ve depended on some rough diamond we picked up for cheap turning into a player, then when they do we’ve essentially depended on them to carry the whole team as opposed to building anything around them. I don’t even enjoy watching us anymore, watching players as devoid of any talent such as Joselu plod around the pitch just isn’t football.

There’s no passion surrounding the club, no buzz, no excitement, and there hasn’t been since the first year he bought us, before he decided to drive the club into its first calamities by attempting to disgrace club legends. 

I used to love watching football, but honestly my whole passion for it has subsided. I don’t even bother watching Champions League games or keeping track of most scores. I quite regularly have no idea of the placing of other PL sides, as what’s the point? We’re going to be struggling to keep our heads above water like the little, irrelevant, tin pot club we have become.  

My whole feeling was summed up this week, I was listening to a podcast and when they were discussing Man Utds comeback win against us one of the pundits said “yeah but I mean it was only Newcastle” it wasn’t an attempted dig, it was just the truth and I took no offense or exception to it, the bloke was spot on. That’s exactly what we are, a club that every team in the league will see as a winnable game. If you told me all this 10 years ago I’d feel sick to my stomach but now I just don’t care, he’s sucked any soul or passion out of Newcastle United Football Club. 

As Alex said in another thread, what is this all for? What on Earth is the purpose? If it was money he could quite easily make far more elsewhere, if it was advertising he could have spent all he’s invested on far higher profile advertising. I think overall it’s been negative to his company, clearly his image, and obviously the football club. 

It’ll be a shame to see Rafa Benitez go, his reign has once and for all proven Ashley will never care about the club, if ever he was going to invest it would be when he had a world class manager at the helm. Instead yet another legend of football has been embarrassed, degraded, and pushed out in an insulting and disgraceful way. That’s Newcastle United. 

To long didnt read: Fuck this fat cunt. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

But aye, there’s no part of Howay’s post that you can argue with it. The most impressive part of Ashley’s utter negligence is that it seems to have kicked the life out of Rafa Benitez. This is a man who breathes football, spends all his moments thinking about it and he’s reduced to picking the best of the shit and hoping it comes good. Fuck off, Ashley. You’ve killed that blokes spirit so it’s no surprise that everyone else has followed

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt