Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

All toon fans are disgusted with Ashley, but I feel for you Geordies that live in and around Newcastle that want so desperately to go to St. James' and support a club with some class from top to bottom.  You guys deserve better than what this owner has delivered the past decade.

• Like 2

You know, I have read all the posts slagging Ashley and for the most part I agree and second all of them. However, I can lay no blame on Ashley for our loss against Brighton. We were the better team on the pitch by far, and should have won easily had we scored 2 of the 27 shots we took. Not having a real striker is one good reason for our lack of scoring but,  we do have players capable of scoring but they are not doing it when the opportunities are put in front of them.

The fact that Kenedy missed the penalty against Cardiff and cost us dearly, had nothing to do with Mike Ashley's way of doing things, and that could be said of all the sitters missed, and there's been quite a few.

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is there apathy? I see a lot of fans showing restraint out of loyalty to the team and manager, when Benitez leaves there's going to be a spectacular reaction imo. 

Well it’s anecdotal but I’m apathetic, might be because I’ve not lived in the north east during Ashley’s ownership and hardly attended games since I left but losing/winning used to have an effect on my weekend. Kind of glad it doesn’t anymore 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noelie said:

You know, I have read all the posts slagging Ashley and for the most part I agree and second all of them. However, I can lay no blame on Ashley for our loss against Brighton. We were the better team on the pitch by far, and should have won easily had we scored 2 of the 27 shots we took. Not having a real striker is one good reason for our lack of scoring but,  we do have players capable of scoring but they are not doing it when the opportunities are put in front of them.

The fact that Kenedy missed the penalty against Cardiff and cost us dearly, had nothing to do with Mike Ashley's way of doing things, and that could be said of all the sitters missed, and there's been quite a few.

Aye, it’s no fault of the owner that we lack quality in the final third 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, it’s no fault of the owner that we lack quality in the final third 

Alex, are you saying Kenedy lacks quality, and him missing that penalty was the owners fault?

It's his fault that we depend on a loanee who's made it crystal clear he can't fucking wait to go back to Chelsea. 

I know it's extremely naive to expect any player to care that much but there's acceptable degrees. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Alex, are you saying Kenedy lacks quality, and him missing that penalty was the owners fault?

I’d suggest, if we are going down the road of playing some pathetic blame game, that missing from 12 yards when a highly skilled professional paid 10s of thousands a week is taking the pen then its down to the player and the player alone. A more pertinent question to ask may be is why have we got a fuckin Chelsea reserve taking it in the first place? 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

It’s not just about the penalty, it’s about the reason we were relying on a last minute penalty, about why we didn’t have the quality to hold out against Man United, it’s about why the standard of players on the pitch yesterday weren’t good enough to beat a side with a woeful away record.

For all that we can blame Mike Ashley.

He deliberately starved the club of funds we clearly needed this summer. It wasn’t a case of refusing to put his own money in. He did it in order to hobble Benitez and it has worked. The results are playing out in front of our eyes.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

You have to surmise that Fat Man didn't think Rafa was worthy of extra transfer funds in the summer so don't be surprised if Rafa receives no more than the £20m he wasn't given in the summer to spend in January..Spending that amount will all but guarantee relegation.

I think you can surmise the owner knew the manager wasn’t staying beyond this season and gambled on him being able to keep us up with limited resources. That’s all he’s arsed about. No long term plan bar us staying up. 

Was talking to my mate yesterday, we both thought that relegation or a relegation fight would be a thing of the past when we went up with Keegan. The new Newcastle United couldn't be that club anymore, we were so much bigger and better than that. Up till that point I'd only seen us relegated once in 89, (the 70s relegation I was too young to remember). I find it staggering that a regularly European qualifying club could be relegated three times in 12 years if that's what happens this season. Three times with about three near misses chucked in as well. The legacy Keegan left this club with, the legacy Bobby Robson left and it ends up with this shit show? I'm still watching the games through dodgy TV as to be frank, going to games last year I was a borderline arrest waiting to happen, (when fueled up, obviously). I'm now watching games on TV but soon even that'll be too much of a fuck on. Howay's post is spot on, I'm not much different myself, even watching other football gets me pissed off at times. I'd honestly wish death on the poisonous cunt and really, how sad is it to think like that? He is pure poison and how he sits in that stadium is beyond me. He has to be one sick cunt to get off on the hatred, one sick bastard to keep on strangling the club and Benitez's face tells you what three years of working under this cunt and his assorted clowns have done to him. Will I go back when he's been totally cleansed from NUFC? Probably but it'll have to be the near future as what the club is now is a million miles away from the simple act of standing on a terrace watching honest players with my Dad, then mates, and not worrying about any horrific cunts ripping the guts out of my football club. It's soul destroying to watch.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Was talking to my mate yesterday, we both thought that relegation or a relegation fight would be a thing of the past when we went up with Keegan. The new Newcastle United couldn't be that club anymore, we were so much bigger and better than that. Up till that point I'd only seen us relegated once in 89, (the 70s relegation I was too young to remember). I find it staggering that a regularly European qualifying club could be relegated three times in 12 years if that's what happens this season. Three times with about three near misses chucked in as well. The legacy Keegan left this club with, the legacy Bobby Robson left and it ends up with this shit show? I'm still watching the games through dodgy TV as to be frank, going to games last year I was a borderline arrest waiting to happen, (when fueled up, obviously). I'm now watching games on TV but soon even that'll be too much of a fuck on. Howay's post is spot on, I'm not much different myself, even watching other football gets me pissed off at times. I'd honestly wish death on the poisonous cunt and really, how sad is it to think like that? He is pure poison and how he sits in that stadium is beyond me. He has to be one sick cunt to get off on the hatred, one sick bastard to keep on strangling the club and Benitez's face tells you what three years of working under this cunt and his assorted clowns have done to him. Will I go back when he's been totally cleansed from NUFC? Probably but it'll have to be the near future as what the club is now is a million miles away from the simple act of standing on a terrace watching honest players with my Dad, then mates, and not worrying about any horrific cunts ripping the guts out of my football club. It's soul destroying to watch.

Full stop.

The worry is we end up doing a Villa. I'm not sure the squad we have currently is cut out for automatic promotion from the Championship. And we don't have £60mil worth of players to sell to cushion the blow of relegation.

You can see Ashley cutting his losses in 18 months and selling us to some shitehawk for £100mil

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I think you can surmise the owner knew the manager wasn’t staying beyond this season and gambled on him being able to keep us up with limited resources. That’s all he’s arsed about. No long term plan bar us staying up. 

If he does hand over the remaining cash that Rafa raised in the summer,as promised,has Ashley kept his side of the promise? It's probably hidden away in the small print.

38 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The worry is we end up doing a Villa. I'm not sure the squad we have currently is cut out for automatic promotion from the Championship. And we don't have £60mil worth of players to sell to cushion the blow of relegation.

You can see Ashley cutting his losses in 18 months and selling us to some shitehawk for £100mil

If we do go down Rafa will be off,Ashley will get £50m for Lascelles,the new manager will be given half that money for incoming players,including wages and agents fees,and £130m SKY money will find its  way into Fat Mike's pocket.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That’s the thing. The manager was a massive part of our being able to gain automatic promotion first time of asking. The time before we had the best squad in the division by some margin. How does the owner not see this? 

32 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If he does hand over the remaining cash that Rafa raised in the summer,as promised,has Ashley kept his side of the promise? It's probably hidden away in the small print.

The ‘promise’ was nebulous enough (and deliberately so) that you couldn’t tie it down anyway. I certainly don’t see there being any contractual agreement being in place if you’re on about the comments about every penny generated. In any case you could just say we bid for player(s) who decided they didn’t want to sign for us

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt