Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

DO3anvMUEAAoMre.jpg

“ I’ve always been the biggliest, ask anyone, the biggliest fan of Sportsball. 

I have people, the best people, already looking for a new quarterback. “ 

You owe me a new keyboard.  This one is now covered in a tea / spit cocktail!

Mike Ashley talking to Sky News:

“I am hopeful for the Newcastle fans, for the club, for everybody, that I will be able to step aside and we will be able to get an owner in that can please everybody.”

‘When will that be?’

“When would I like it to be?

“I would like it to be before the January transfer window.”

‘Is that realistic?’

“Hmmm. Realistic? It’s possible, realistic is maybe too strong a word.

“Hopefully we can carry on the good form…just recent good form…and we can get the deal done.”

‘So you are in exclusive talks with someone right now?’

“Not an exclusive but…

“Talks are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been.”

‘And whoever buys the club would presumably have to put in transfer funds for Rafa Benitez?’

“Yes, I’m very keen to sell it to the right buyer, so everybody is happy, that would be good news.”

I won’t believe owt until it actually happens. This testicle sack would lie to his mother on her deathbed. 

He’s trying his best to scupper any chance of a deal if there was one simply because of greed, the bloke literally barely says a word in a decade then decides to do that :lol:. Just shut up and sell the club. Coincidentally I’m in Atlanta and out on the drink, so I’ll poll the locals on all things NUFC to see if I can get some Ryder-esque info. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

A consortium fronted by former Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is in pole position to launch a successful takeover of Newcastle United.

Kenyon has been speaking to investors in the United States for several weeks and, although he is yet to provide conclusive proof of funds, is believed to have impressed Newcastle owner Mike Ashley enough to begin due diligence.

A price has been broadly agreed and the investors are thought to be on the verge of making a firm bid.

A series of meetings on both sides of the Atlantic over the course of the next few days will determine whether a formal offer is submitted and, if the terms are agreeable to Ashley, Kenyon is expected to be installed as chief executive.

Significantly, several sources have told The Daily Telegraph that the group have already been given “access to the data room” which contains a detailed breakdown of the club’s finances and projected incomes ahead of a proposed takeover. This is seen as a crucial step forward and has not been granted before.

Ashley is keen to sell the club he has owned since 2007 before the end of the year in order to give the buyers scope to invest in players during the January window.

Whether that can be done remains to be seen and those close to the deal have suggested this is an ambitious target given Kenyon’s is not the only group to whom Ashley is speaking.

An unnamed billionaire has also verbally agreed a price with Ashley of around £300 million and has told him they are willing to pay the amount in one lump sum. There have also been claims that a Turkish consortium has shown a firm interest since the start of the season.

Given the vast resources at the billionaire’s disposal, the asking price is not going to be a problem, but they are not at such an advanced stage in the negotiations and were unimpressed by Ashley giving an interview on Monday in which he revealed “advanced” takeover talks were taking place.

Indeed, the lack of progress since last week, when a price was thought to have been agreed, has been a major source of frustration and there was already a suspicion that a rival was in stronger position.

However, despite their irritation and threat to walk away from the deal on Tuesday, they have not given up hope of buying Newcastle and are keen to also be given access to the data.

“I am hopeful – for the Newcastle fans, for the club, for everybody, that I will be able to step aside and we will be able to get an owner in that will please everybody,” Ashley said. “I’d like it to be before the January transfer window. Realistic? It’s possible. Realistic is maybe too strong a word.

“Hopefully we can carry on the good form – the just recent good form – and we can get the deal done… the talks are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been.”

The fact there are at least two serious bidders is encouraging news for Newcastle supporters, who initially reacted with scepticism to Ashley’s claims that he is in advanced talks.

This is the fourth time in 10 years that Ashley has supposedly been on the verge of severing ties and comes just a year after Amanda Staveley was reported to be close to agreeing a deal. Staveley has always maintained her interest was genuine, but she is not one of the people involved in this latest process.

Manager Rafael Benitez said he would not be listening to any takeover talk, after admitting earlier this year that the Staveley saga had been a distraction for him and his players.

“I was talking with [managing director] Lee Charnley and the message is clear it is business as usual,” said Benitez. “We have been in this situation in the past but have to carry on. We have a game to play [against Everton] and that is all we are focusing on.”

One of the people linked with buying Newcastle, American billionaire, Arthur Buck, has denied he is interested in a takeover.

So suspending our natural scepticism for a moment. Which would you prefer, an American consortium fronted by a football man like Kenyon? Or an unknown billionaire for whom dropping £300m on a football club is no problem?

Probably the Kenyon one, its less risky and potentially less...soulless?

We've seen owners rock up to other clubs that can and will spend like nobodies business but if its being poorly done and poorly run it doesn't matter and they're the type to lose interest if its not working out.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Probably the Kenyon one, its less risky and potentially less...soulless?

We've seen owners rock up to other clubs that can and will spend like nobodies business but if its being poorly done and poorly run it doesn't matter and they're the type to lose interest if its not working out.

My problem with a consortium is what happens after the initial purpose. Say two years down the line it looks like we need a fresh injection of capital, we need all members of the consortium to agree to put in equal shares for that to happen. One participant refusing can cause real issues.

I'm concerned about which bid Ashley accepts. It's going to be whichever one benefits him rather than the club.

The Rangers fiasco set a precedent and I'd bet my house on Ashley wanting exclusive sports direct rights on advertising and future shirt sales 

11 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I just want you to know if it doesn't happen now you are the one to blame.

I’ll accept that (I don’t think it’s going to happen anyway) 

Mark Douglas on Twitter saying ‘a matter of time’ as well now 

Edited by 247

Well it all reaffirms what I heard 2 months ago therefore if it's been going this long, it must be credible.  I care little whether it's a consortium or wealthy individual. I've seen enough of Ashley to want rid. 

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

Well it all reaffirms what I heard 2 months ago therefore if it's been going this long, it must be credible.  I care little whether it's a consortium or wealthy individual. I've seen enough of Ashley to want rid. 

This.

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt