Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

So suspending our natural scepticism for a moment. Which would you prefer, an American consortium fronted by a football man like Kenyon? Or an unknown billionaire for whom dropping £300m on a football club is no problem?

Kenyan by a country mile. 

Even if his bid appears to be less wealthy up front than others ( and I’m not saying it is, either), his experience of pushing clubs on to greater things is tied to maximising their commercial potential. 

I’d take a few seasons under him building up in a proper manner, then reaping the rewards, over some Hollywood insta-money which runs out along with the owners interest in a year or two. 

• Like 1

I very much doubt Ashley has bothered to let Kenyon do due diligence if he doesn't think he has the money together. Particularly with the very real, not at all fictional billionaire waiting in the wings to make a bid.

Edited by ewerk

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I very much doubt Ashley has bothered to let Kenyon do due diligence if he doesn't think he has the money together. Particularly with the very real, not at all fictional billionaire waiting in the wings to make a bid.

It was amazing watching Ashleys last interview on Sky. When speaking about SD & House of Fraser he was very fluent. Then all of a sudden he started talking about selling the club & he turned into a bumbling idiot stuttering & stammering his words it was obvious he was making it up

Many have missed the point about it being postponed. It's sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in rather than the predictable feeble turnout for the planned boycott. It also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

Edited by Haydnator
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Many have missed the point about it being postponed. It's sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in rather than the predictable feeble turnout for the planned boycott. It also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

There's no takeover happening it's a smoke & mirrors again. It really is staggering to think people believe anything that comes out of Ashleys mouth. 

Kenyon wants the club but has no backers

Staveley made a bid seen by George Caulkin via Chris Mort at Freshfields

Ashley says a deal to sell the club is closer now than ever 

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions.... :glare:

In reality though, if Ashley didn't want to spend in January then he just wouldn't spend. Like he didn't in the Summer. 

As if he could be fucked on inventing all these rumours and recruiting Kenyon, Staveley etc. to play along. 

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In reality though, if Ashley didn't want to spend in January then he just wouldn't spend. Like he didn't in the Summer. 

As if he could be fucked on inventing all these rumours and recruiting Kenyon, Staveley etc. to play along. 

Of course he would its his way of saying call off the protests & boycott. He's got what he wanted he'll be laughing his dick off "at the gullible Jordi's"

Edited by trooper

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Keith Bishop has to do something to earn his money.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

There's no takeover happening it's a smoke & mirrors again. It really is staggering to think people believe anything that comes out of Ashleys mouth. 

My point was uptake for the boycott was going to be feeble, just like it was for the walk in. If/when it's confirmed that it's all been bollocks appetite for a boycott will be far higher and more successful. Don't know why it's been so difficult for some to get their head around. The comment section on the Mag has them claiming that the MG and Alex Hurst (wtf) are both Tory Ashley collaborators ffs. :lol:

Edited by Haydnator
  • Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt