Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Sigh. I did think Stavely's bid was derisory and pointless, but i was more hopeful about Kenyon, possibly because i didn't have any sense of the numbers.

Well, we will never be free then. We're too big a club to do a Sunderland even when Rafa does walk out the door.

He's removed his excuse for not spending. It's a good thing I suppose if it means some transfer funds. It won't make a difference as to whether or not he'll sell - if he gets the bid he wants he still will. I don't know if he's ever wanted to sell but either way his mind hasn't suddenly changed 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Sigh. I did think Stavely's bid was derisory and pointless, but i was more hopeful about Kenyon, possibly because i didn't have any sense of the numbers.

Well, we will never be free then. We're too big a club to do a Sunderland even when Rafa does walk out the door.

There were three offers IIRC, one cash offer that was way below his asking price and others with clauses which would have seen him getting close to the money he wants in the end. He also complained about the negotiations getting nowhere but not answering to the offers. He then went public to criticise Staveley seeking publicity.

I still think he is just shifting goal posts to look like selling and appeasing the majority of fans just to make sure he can always blame others for deals falling through.

• Like 1

If you were Ashley would you sell? Not a fucking chance.

It's almost a licence to print money for the cunt. Free adverts and a profit in just about every transfer window.

We NEED to get relegated and not promoted until he's gone. 2 years, 5, 10 - it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Agreed, sadly the only way I think we will get shot of him is relegation and a few years in the Championship. Quite honestly when Rafa leaves we will go down imo, the only thing is he’ll then allow the club to buy players to get back to the PL and then talk about how much we lost because of that. What a cunt man. 

9 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's removed his excuse for not spending. It's a good thing I suppose if it means some transfer funds. It won't make a difference as to whether or not he'll sell - if he gets the bid he wants he still will. I don't know if he's ever wanted to sell but either way his mind hasn't suddenly changed 

His excuse for not spending will be another rumour of the club being sold though. Plus I’m not sure I’d want anyone stupid enough to agree to Ashley’s terms to own the club 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

His excuse for not spending will be another rumour of the club being sold though. Plus I’m not sure I’d want anyone stupid enough to agree to Ashley’s terms to own the club 

I'd be quite happy to have someone rich enough to not care what they paid though

On 26/03/2013 at 09:29, Christmas Tree said:

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

Just to cheer everyone up

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fair comment. Although he’d still probably fuck things up to the extent they looked elsewhere 

Which is allegedly what happened with the group that bought Man City. He went, spent half the time pissed and obnoxious, then kept moving the goalposts so they went and bought Man City instead. Could have spent the last 10 year watching David Silva instead of Jack Colback and Diame, we should absolutely be thanking Ashley though as he let the club spend a bit of what it brought in last time we got relegated due to his fucking about. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Which is allegedly what happened with the group that bought Man City. He went, spent half the time pissed and obnoxious, then kept moving the goalposts so they went and bought Man City instead. Could have spent the last 10 year watching David Silva instead of Jack Colback and Diame, we should absolutely be thanking Ashley though as he let the club spend a bit of what it brought in last time we got relegated due to his fucking about. 

Aye but Noelie would have died three years ago on account of having nothing to moan about.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 2

:lol: I’m sure he’d find something. “Not sure about this Aguero fella sure he scored 5 goals but could have had 6, if he had we’d have +89 gd instead it’s now +88. I still don’t know why Pep subs on Mahrez.” 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I’m sure he’d find something. “Not sure about this Aguero fella sure he scored 5 goals but could have had 6, if he had we’d have +89 gd instead it’s now +88. I still don’t know why Pep subs on Mahrez.” 

:lol: in bold as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:D now we're looking safe troops has moved on to his next anxiety

It's true though Quiffy yesterday's comeback was amazing. Normally that would have been game over & yet they came out fighting & determined & went on & won. Under Pardew, McClaren or Carver you'd have been tempted to leave SJP at half time. Not with Rafa in charge. As I've said if he has to leave due to the financial constraints under Ashley it'll be a travesty.. Because you can bet whoever Ashley's got lined up (Pardew anyone ?) won't have anywhere near the class Rafa has.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt