Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Got to say, I’m not as against it as I thought I’d be this morning :lol:

Its the thought if Ashley actually leaving I think. Yes. That’s it. Honest. 

I just want us to win something before I die tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zerosum said:

you can just see the black and white tea towel shortage happening

Hope it's not another beat up by big cotton.

Just now, NJS said:

So I take it last night's hope has evaporated in the cold light of dawn. 

I don't think anything further has been said but yeah, I've certainly scaled back on it somewhat :lol:

I mean you never know, but with this club, you kinda do know.

This from Caulkin at 9.59 this morning 

At this stage, it’s worth sprinkling a bit of salt on everything, if only because this is such a familiar path. And there is plenty of cynicism about this new report from those in & around the sale process. “It’s a word beginning with ‘b’,” one says. That word isn’t ‘brilliant’.

I mean he made a few other tweets and you've picked the most pessimistic one, but aye :lol:

He also says the timing is right, that Ashley has been known to be in talks for some time with a number of potential buyers, and that he has a personal suspicion that between Debenhams and Rafa's contract being delayed, there might be some legs in this.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean he made a few other tweets and you've picked the most pessimistic one, but aye :lol:

Unlike like Droopy Trooper, that.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He also says the timing is right, that Ashley has been known to be in talks for some time with a number of potential buyers, and that he has a personal suspicion that between Debenhams and Rafa's contract being delayed, there might be some legs in this.

I'm very much in the "Jimbo's Telly" camp. Been burnt too many times to get really excited. The kid in me is already compiling a list of FM Wonderkids we should immediately go out and buy, though.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Unlike like Droopy Trooper, that.

I'm very much in the "Jimbo's Telly" camp. Been burnt too many times to get really excited. The kid in me is already compiling a list of FM Wonderkids we should immediately go out and buy, though.

:) to be honest I would just be happy with securing rondon, and giving Rafa 3 or 4 quality first team players. What a difference it would make to Rafa's system if he had players that could do it properly.. rather than cobbled together bargain buckets..

Just now, zerosum said:

:) to be honest I would just be happy with securing rondon, and giving Rafa 3 or 4 quality first team players. What a difference it would make to Rafa's system if he had players that could do it properly.. rather than cobbled together bargain buckets..

Aye, picture the scene; Benitez walks into the MD's office 

"I'd like to buy these four players, they'll cost £90m all told, but I'm happy to sell these players who want to leave, we don't need and will bring in about £40m. I know some of them aren't young, but they'll make fit the way we want to play perfectly."

"OK"

Fanciful I know, but just let yourself enjoy the fantasy.

• Like 2

Talks with Rafa going into the 10th day. Also the 10th day of the transfer window being open & all of a sudden this story drops. It feels like a massive smokescreen to me. But hey what do I know ? Bugger all like everyone else. I wonder if there'll be a rush for season tickets now.

Not saying you're wrong mate, you're odds on to be right in fact - but I dunno, at some point, one of these stories is going to be true, and I'd love it to be this one :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trooper said:

Talks with Rafa going into the 10th day. Also the 10th day of the transfer window being open & all of a sudden this story drops. It feels like a massive smokescreen to me. But hey what do I know ? Bugger all like everyone else. I wonder if there'll be a rush for season tickets now.

STs are normally renewed in February mate. It's got bot all to do with that imo. 

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

You know how to look on the sunny side of life, for damned sure.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Looks like Newcastle United will BEHEADING to the top of the Premier League.

The mackems will calipHATE that.

However we should probably jihad on a bit until something is confirmed.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Human STRITES more like 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Looks like Newcastle United will BEHEADING to the top of the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

The mackems will calipHATE that.

However we should probably jihad on a bit until something is confirmed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt