Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Howay said:

It mostly seems to be UAE or Dubai based journos saying it’s done on my feed. Lee Ryder is of course following all of them and hoying paraphrases of their tweets into his ‘articles’ :lol: 

He’s probably mistaking those Arabic letters for his old masters handwriting. I could be wide of the mark though...

• Haha 2

Luke Edwards seems pretty determined to dismiss this one. He’s tweeting the same information but making it more and more negative each time. 

Saying that he seemed pretty annoyed last night due to when it was breaking and is traveling to Baku today. 

I'm in the same camp as him to be honest, we've heard this kind of shit before from Kenyon, Staveley etc. 

If the club and the league are "No commenting" rather than flat out denying, it does lend it more weight, but it could easily go tits up.

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I've never seen Hamed El Harthi get anything wrong yet so I'm pretty content it's done. Local hacks are seething about knocking nowt :lol:

Apparently he’s a fairly big Journo over there and broke the news of the ManCity purchase, then Pep to City, before any UK outlets. 

From the big Ryder.

#nufc say the statement from Bin Zayed Group is genuine but refuse to comment further.

Statement has also been sent to the Chronicle: "We can confirm that representatives of His Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team, about the proposed acquisition of Newcastle United Football Club.

Edited by @yourservice

If that's what it takes to get this deal over the line then I'll do it.

Warn you now, I'm inexperienced and unskilled at it, but will give the ol' college try.

Edited by The Fish

This is the same guy who tried and failed to buy Liverpool isn't he? I'm doing my best not to get excited.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is the same guy who tried and failed to buy Liverpool isn't he? I'm doing my best not to get excited.

same but i've just been reading the UAE reporters twitter, fucking hilarious how excited everyone is getting considering how much disappointment we've dealt with for the last 12 years.

1 minute ago, @yourservice said:

"We have agreed on terms and are working hard to complete the transaction at the earliest opportunity."

The club not refuting this, and the bit in bold specifically, could be big.

Still, it's Ashley. Time for him to offer the Sheikh's representatives a celebratory Pint and Pork Pie.

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt