Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I mean he’s definitely got more insight than I do, I just find it a little odd that his contacts never told him about any of this, but now they’re all really itk. I must admit I’ve not followed him on twitter prior to this, does he always come across as much of a smug prick as he is today or is he just being pouty because he was late on a story and has to fly to Baku?

I find it interesting that he’s spelt the guys name as Al Nehayan, rather than Al Nahyan as many other outlets seem to spell it. 

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

I mean he’s definitely got more insight than I do, I just find it a little odd that his contacts never told him about any of this, but now they’re all really itk. I must admit I’ve not followed him on twitter prior to this, does he always come across as much of a smug prick as he is today or is he just being pouty because he was late on a story and has to fly to Baku?

I find it interesting that he’s spelt the guys name as Al Nehayan, rather than Al Nahyan as many other outlets seem to spell it. 

Both

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Ashley fucked off the MSM before it was cool anyway, they know fuck all.

Whether it goes through or not, no one in the standard media circles will know until about 1 hour before we do at best.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

From the way he was talking it seems what he did know was off the record from people who wanted to keep things out of the paper during a negotiation.

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You do know the odds on you regretting that bold statement are 50/50? :D

These could be worse than Ashley. Am not asking anybody for a modicum of gratitude to be shown to Ashley in any way, shape or form. But I can think of at least half a dozen worse owners than him. 

Not remotely 50/50. 90/10 probably too kind to Ashley.

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

It's not that fake Sheikh bloke, is it? 

Sheikh Ahleg Anmai Dingaling?

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Have the club said anything on the matter?

By all reports they confirmed to the Chronicle that the discussions were genuine and ongoing. They also confirmed that Lee Ryder is a bell end.

• Haha 1

This from N.O. 

There's no doubt that Sheikh Khaled is part of the Emirati elite, as several people have already stated he's a distant cousin to Mansoor. You can access all the relevant press releases related to the family on their official news portal: http://wam.ae/en

It's just that he's considered relatively, for lack of a better word, insignificant in terms of actual wealth and influence in the region. This is underscored by the fact that he's consigned to dogsbody roles such as the head of the 'Board of Directors of Zayed Higher Organisation for Humanitarian Care and Special Needs', basically the kind of dead-end positions that the family would throw to a pitiful hanger-on out of benevolence.

I posted yesterday to be wary, it's because the guy hasn't been very successful growing his businesses in the UAE, he owns a middling insurance firm and some property assets. However, he has a flair for publicity as evidenced by this partnership (https://www.zawya.com/mena/en/press-releases/story/GCOX_signs_MOU_with_His_Highness_Sheikh_Khaled_Bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan_to_expand_global_celebrity_token_footprint_to_the_Middle_East-ZAWYA20180502104648/) with a celebrity Blockchain company (which counts Michael Owen among its advisors  ) last year.  

My biggest doubt relates to him having access to sufficient funds to clinch this deal. I hope I am wrong and this goes through, as even if the guy isn't very rich, he'd definitely be more motivated and interested than Ashley to run the club properly so that it's self-sustaining.

You’d think if Ashley has been so messed around by the likes of Staveley like he claimed then he would make sure any possible buyer would prove they had the funds in the initial stage of talks before he went ahead and confirmed they were working on a deal to the national press.. but what the fuck do I know 

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

You’d think if Ashley has been so messed around by the likes of Staveley like he claimed then he would make sure any possible buyer would prove they had the funds in the initial stage of talks before he went ahead and confirmed they were working on a deal to the national press.. but what the fuck do I know 

You’d think Ashley wouldn’t apply odd tactics when it comes to “selling” the club. He’s probably making Rafa to sign a deal and then to announce a sale hasn’t worked out and the manager has to make do with the pennies generated by him.

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

You’d think Ashley wouldn’t apply odd tactics when it comes to “selling” the club. He’s probably making Rafa to sign a deal and then to announce a sale hasn’t worked out and the manager has to make do with the pennies generated by him.

That’s the thing.. these type of tactics are 100% a standard Ashley play as we’ve seen before. But maybe I’m just being overly cynical and untrustworthy again :lol:

Something just seems off about it like, hope I’m wrong 

1 minute ago, 247 said:

That’s the thing.. these type of tactics are 100% a standard Ashley play as we’ve seen before. But maybe I’m just being overly cynical and untrustworthy again :lol:

Something just seems off about it like, hope I’m wrong 

Charnley "Rafa if you just sign this forget about the small print Mike's got  a buyer for the club hes loaded"

Rafa " Ok you sure about this"

Charnley  "Yeah just sign it's for 10 years like you wanted"

A few days later

Charnley " Rafa I dont know how to tell you this the deals fell through.

Rafa "But you said"

Charnley "Never mind you've got your 10 year contract & btw Mike says theres no money again"

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt